Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2008 at 3:27 AM
Default EPs for The Sims 3?
This might sound a little too soon, it's better now than never. So, what kind of EP concepts would you think they'd make for TS3?

(Note: I see that there's a thread about EPs in the base game. My thread is about ideas on EPs for TS3. Just don't expect EAxis to actually make EPs, or adopt your idea )

I'd like to see an EP that'll add rural-like elements to TS3--like farming and tractors.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 9th May 2008 at 4:28 AM
It probably is a little too soon since we don't know everything about TS3 yet.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 9th May 2008 at 5:05 AM
I'd love to see EPs that revolve around different...lifestyles, per se? I'm not sure how to describe it. As in, I'd love to have an EP that centers on the rural theme like you said; one that can function as the "Nightlife" of the Sims 3, focusing more on the city style; and of course, that Making Magic one that everyone misses. The chances of this happening are nil, but I like the idea. It'll make themed neighborhoods so much easier to manage, and it could really attract different styles of Sims players.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th May 2008 at 11:40 AM
EP concepts eh.
Well outside of the normal everyday, "reality",life how about a Western theme; saloon, sheriff,posse's and the likes and maybe a space colony on a distant planet. I'm also thinking a 1930's era pack, with gumshoe detectives, and model T Fords. Lord of the Rings anybody? "Goining to work for Saramon lalala", lol.
Just a couple of ideas.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th May 2008 at 12:15 PM
A space EP sounds nice, but I wonder how high the system requirements would be. It's be nice to have a Pleasantview in space. Who knows--bella Goth might be there!

Lord Of The Rings EP sounds insane...

"The Sims 3 In Middle Earth" Now that's catchy.

Superstar in TS3 might sound nice. Except it's more realistic: Doing action stunts, commercials, recording jingles, even directing films!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th May 2008 at 2:21 PM
YAYA superstar
Middle earth, why not the middle East
why don't I have any smiley icons?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 14th May 2008 at 1:48 PM
I'd love to see them put more love into a Sim3 pets EP than they did the sim2 one. More animals, more pet interactions, more functionality for interacting - how nice would it be for pets to jump up on a sims lap when they're watching TV or reading? Sims could have a +/- reaction depending on relationship with the animal, or whether they like pets - with special 'you're squashing me but i love you' or 'you're crushing me you great sloppering mutt!' for big dogs.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th May 2008 at 2:11 PM
I thought the Pets EP was a little lacking. Maybe they'd make a Pets EP for TS3 that allows the sim to take care of exotic pets (use your imagination)
Field Researcher
#9 Old 14th May 2008 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1306
I thought the Pets EP was a little lacking. Maybe they'd make a Pets EP for TS3 that allows the sim to take care of exotic pets (use your imagination)

I miss the iquana from sims 1
Forum Resident
#10 Old 14th May 2008 at 5:32 PM
Now that we have a seamless neighborhood where everything happens at the same time and you don't have to load lots, I would like to see school and work fleshed out in later eps.

I would (and I am saying this tentatively) like to see some kind of school ep for kids and teens. Mostly I just want to see a Sim gym class! Oh the horrors I will inflict on them! I'd also like for there to be summer vacation for kids and teens and maybe a spring break for YAs (if we get YAs, that is).

A vacation ep of course where Sims can essentially go to another seamless neighborhood where everyone speaks a different languages (Simese?). Sims can learn how to speak the different languages through an online course so they can get by or they can just fly by the seat of their pants and get into trouble. With the seamless neighborhood, it'd be great to just explore. With different terrains, I'd love to take my Sims skiing or hiking in the mountains or exploring cobblestone streets and stopping at little Parisian bistros. And of course, they should bring the beach back. And give us surfing!! I'd also love to go boating and explore the seas.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th May 2008 at 2:35 AM
A vacation EP sounds like a Bon Voyage remake, if you ask me. But maybe they could improve on the whole vacation thing--allow sims to do more stuff, collect more junk and meet more strange characters.

There was an iguana is Sims 1 (I know there's Unleashed, but I didn't have that EP)?
#12 Old 22nd May 2008 at 4:06 AM
I want a hospital EP, I would like to see my sims get hurt and sick. (hurray for shadenfruede!)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd May 2008 at 4:12 AM
A hospital EP sounds nice--more diseases and surgery! :evilnod: And they can have a place where the pregnant can give birth. I can see the nervous father-to-be sim waiting outside.
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th May 2008 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by olomaya
Now that we have a seamless neighborhood where everything happens at the same time and you don't have to load lots, I would like to see school and work fleshed out in later eps.

I would (and I am saying this tentatively) like to see some kind of school ep for kids and teens. Mostly I just want to see a Sim gym class! Oh the horrors I will inflict on them! I'd also like for there to be summer vacation for kids and teens and maybe a spring break for YAs (if we get YAs, that is).

A vacation ep of course where Sims can essentially go to another seamless neighborhood where everyone speaks a different languages (Simese?). Sims can learn how to speak the different languages through an online course so they can get by or they can just fly by the seat of their pants and get into trouble. With the seamless neighborhood, it'd be great to just explore. With different terrains, I'd love to take my Sims skiing or hiking in the mountains or exploring cobblestone streets and stopping at little Parisian bistros. And of course, they should bring the beach back. And give us surfing!! I'd also love to go boating and explore the seas.

I would love to see them at school too =]
Test Subject
#15 Old 25th May 2008 at 11:19 PM
I would like to see a military EP where sims get drafted randomly when there's a war and go through basic training and if sims fail they go back to being civilians with a very low self-esteem. The sims that passed the training go into combat and some die there fighting, and others who live become a decorated soldier and gets a honorable discharge and a leg up on a career ladder in civilian life.

Another one I have in mind is an alien society EP, where sims visit alien neighborhoods and deal with all the alien stuff and how well they do as an ambassador from Earth. The two entities could forge an alliance or start an intergalactic warfare from a small cultural misunderstanding.

I just thought of this one, but it needs an EP for the showbiz, the flashy cars, homes, and bling stuff, as well as top of the line mobile home trailers, movie studios, surviving the hectic and very cut-throat social environment as a director, producer, and actor dealing with each other's profession and managing the schedule as well as the media and the fans. The helicopter should be included in this one, as well as the private jet.

Reading about the EP for teens, I think a summer camp EP would be a good fit, where the teen sims would be camping, cooking, sleeping in tents, getting along with others, fishing on boats, avoiding bears, bungee jumping, rock climbing, and treasure hunting.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th May 2008 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by avexkoo
Another one I have in mind is an alien society EP, where sims visit alien neighborhoods and deal with all the alien stuff and how well they do as an ambassador from Earth. The two entities could forge an alliance or start an intergalactic warfare from a small cultural misunderstanding.

Awesome. I love the idea of another world to visit. I wonder if they have really out-of-this-world looks--not just green skin or fur.
#17 Old 26th May 2008 at 4:08 PM
The Sims 3 EPs will be all the Sims 2 EPs with a different name and a few new features, just like they did with the Sims 2.
Test Subject
#18 Old 26th May 2008 at 7:25 PM
I just wish that, for once, there weren't any expansion packs - that every awesome feature came in a single game. Spending extra money on expansions is a pain in the ass.

Of course, it's not going to ever happen. Oh well. I hope that at least this time, we already get the features of the Sims 2 expansions in the basegame, rather than having to buy a holiday or pets expansion all over again.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th May 2008 at 3:28 AM
If they weren't going to make EPs, they'd had to have all the neat features in the base game. If that'd happen, most likely the game will be pushed back a little more.
#20 Old 27th May 2008 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzz2112
EP concepts eh.
Well outside of the normal everyday, "reality",life how about a Western theme; saloon, sheriff,posse's and the likes and maybe a space colony on a distant planet. I'm also thinking a 1930's era pack, with gumshoe detectives, and model T Fords. Lord of the Rings anybody? "Goining to work for Saramon lalala", lol.
Just a couple of ideas.

This is an idea I have fronted before, I have a medieval and a wild west neighbourhood and love it. Only problem is that you might want different files in different neighbourhoods, different carriers, different uniforms and cars for service npc. You might also want different gameplay rules and abilities. A Harry potter based neighbourhoods would require magic abilities you don’t want in a friends based one, at least you don’t want npc to use them all the time.

Neighbourhoods made on franchises would be pretty easy to make, depending on how mush new functionality who is added, from a small stuff pack for friends up to an large expansion pack for something like lord of the ring or star wars.
I’m pretty sure they would sell extremely well.
Scholar
#21 Old 27th May 2008 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1306
A hospital EP sounds nice--more diseases and surgery! :evilnod: And they can have a place where the pregnant can give birth. I can see the nervous father-to-be sim waiting outside.

I would so make a Sacred Heart hospital if that EP came out!
Scholar
#22 Old 27th May 2008 at 11:55 PM
im just hoping that we wont have to wait for an ep for the of the (what i consider) basics ie season pets cars gardening maybe just expanded features like its been suggested start off getting the basic pets like dogs and cats but expand it with an ep to rural farms with useful farm animals chickens and what not , and i agree a "future" ep like vacations to other worlds would be cool then theyd have to add a new alien right? and alien pets lol and a new death get blown out into space or somthing lol i want a hover car

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 11:33 PM
I've always wished for an EP that highlighted the jobs in a sims life. You waste 6 hours of their day waiting for them to get home from a job a wish you could see what their doing. I thought it'd be cool to actually go to work with them and do what they have to actually do in a criminal career or a law enforcement career, instead of just getting skill points.

For example there would be like a pickpocket minigame where you have to hide behind something and then tip-toe behind someone and pickpocket.
For people who wanted a hostpital EP there could be a doctor minigame and a you know things like that :P
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by olomaya
I'd also like for there to be summer vacation for kids and teens and maybe a spring break for YAs (if we get YAs, that is).

A vacation ep of course where Sims can essentially go to another seamless neighborhood . With different terrains, I'd love to take my Sims skiing or hiking in the mountains or exploring cobblestone streets and stopping at little Parisian bistros. And of course, they should bring the beach back. And give us surfing!! I'd also love to go boating and explore the seas.

These choices sound so devine....my thoughts exactly :agree:
Test Subject
#25 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 12:19 AM
MAKING MAGIC! But I do think that The sims 2 apartment life has that stuff.
Page 1 of 2