Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 2:00 AM
Default Questions about Any Game Starter
I love Any Game Starter. I have just about all the expansion packs, and quite a bit of store and custom content. I love the ability to have several profiles and run limited sets of stuff - didn't want sci-fi stuff mixed with supernatural stuff and vice versa. However there are some items such as patterns that I want to use in every profile I create, and I have a lot of patterns.

Is there a way to 'globally' install stuff for use in every profile I create?. For instance, if I run The Sims 3 without using Any Game Starter and install stuff through the launcher, will that stuff show up in the profiles I create with Any Game Starter or does the program ignore what's in the /Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ folders?

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 7:55 AM
In my experience, what I've installed through the launcher is accessible to my default setting, but not to any others unless I've opened the launcher for that setting & downloaded it again. It makes sense, as I don't want all my store stuff in them all, but can be time consuming ;-).

Could you merge the patterns to give you one thing to install? I haven't merged stuff, or got custom patterns, so I don't know if that's possible :-) but that's what I would find out about.