Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 3:53 AM Last edited by radaxian : 13th Aug 2016 at 3:56 AM.
Default Pregnancy / It's a boy/girl/twins moodlets, negative moodlets for dislikes children?
Hi everyone,

I was wondering how to make pregnant sims who dislike children unhappy? Same with Male partners.

It seems weird that all sims are always happy with babies even if you tell them to dislike children.

Is there a mod or cheat which will realise that the sim dislikes children so they shouldn't have a positive moodlet effect, but a negative one? Perhaps the disappointed moodlet or something? Whatever is easiest.

Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 3:59 AM
I've had a good look again and still haven't found out how to do this? I can't find a mod anywhere, or any mod which lets you customise moodlets.
I have S3PE but only know how to do basic edits in that, couldn't figure out which file to mod to do this.

Surely some awesome modder has been annoyed with this moodlet and has some idea how to fix this?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 7:05 AM
Have you tried the sims 3 creation forum? You might find help in there. maybe modders hang out there most

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 7:25 PM
It always annoyed me too, so I use Arithmancer's Less Cheaty Pregnancy mod to eliminate the mood boost from the Pregnant moodlet. I also found this pregnancy test mod that is supposed to give sims with the Dislikes Children trait a negative moodlet if they're pregnant, but I haven't tested it out.

I haven't been able to find a mod that affects the "It's a boy/girl/twins" moodlet, though.
Alchemist
#5 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 9:48 PM
It also bugs me that sims who dislikes children still seem to enjoy having children. But I guess it goes with how it is in real life, it is biological to care for your own kids. Unless you are a psycho.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by glowstarsinajar
It always annoyed me too, so I use Arithmancer's Less Cheaty Pregnancy mod to eliminate the mood boost from the Pregnant moodlet. I also found this pregnancy test mod that is supposed to give sims with the Dislikes Children trait a negative moodlet if they're pregnant, but I haven't tested it out.

I haven't been able to find a mod that affects the "It's a boy/girl/twins" moodlet, though.

The one from duglaroggsworkshop.com sounds wonderful but Google keeps telling me I don't have access to it when I click on the link. Did anyone here try? I do have a google account.
Scholar
#7 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
The one from duglaroggsworkshop.com sounds wonderful but Google keeps telling me I don't have access to it when I click on the link. Did anyone here try? I do have a google account.

Same here. First I tried it while signed into my google account, and got a 403 error, then I tried it in incognito mode and was directed to the sign in page. I'm guessing the uploader changed the privacy settings on their files (either intentionally or otherwise)? In which case the only way to get them is if someone else who'd already downloaded the files shared them :/

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 11:43 AM
Thanks guys,

With Arithmancer's Less Cheaty Pregnancy mod, it's easy to edit the XML file with S3PE, as it has all buffs in it not just pregnancy, so you can change the values for it's a boy, girl, twins, triplets to zero.

Hopefully some awesome modder will eventually come up with a way to give negative buffs to sims who dislike children or commitment issue parents! I already have nraas money mod for child support, with global announcements, it all makes the whole sims in town a lot more interesting.