Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 3:23 PM Last edited by gazania : 12th Aug 2016 at 6:00 PM.
Default Completely green with this one ... reinstalling with Origin
My hard drive is dying. I need a new one.

My base game is on Origin, but my other games are on disks.

Would I need the old Origin game files in my new x86 Program files? Or just reinstall fresh?

Do I just reinstall the other disks as normal?

How on earth do I do this? A helpful link would be deeply, deeply appreciated, thanks!

I do see this ...

http://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origi...ur-origin-games

Would that apply in my case?

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 4:27 PM
IMO buy an older disk basegame and skip Origin forever.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 6:12 PM Last edited by gazania : 12th Aug 2016 at 6:41 PM.
Actually, I was mistaken, and need to make an important correction. My bad, and I should have known better.

I actually have a combo pack with Sims 3, Late Night and High End Loft stuff. I'd rather not buy all three again.

The base game only shows up on Origin. The other two are in the usual spot with the other EP/SP files. I'm not sure that simply renaming the base game, as shown in the directions, and reinstalling that way is going to work.

I do plan to ask at EA Answers HQ as well (crosses fingers on that one), because the other two games on there may or may not complicate things. But if anyone had to do this themselves, I would deeply appreciate any advice! Thanks!

Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 7:23 AM
If you have to do a base game install through Origin, you are going to end up on Patch 1.69 no matter what. Honestly, I would suggest switching over to an all Origin install. If you have registered or can register all your EP/SPs to the same account as the base game, then you are entitled to the digital versions of all of them at no extra charge. They should show up "inside" the base game icon by right-clicking or hitting "i" on the box icon.

I don't think that copy and paste the program files procedure is going to work here.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 6:23 PM
I've resigned myself re Patch 1.69. I don't think it can be helped.

Thanks for the tip!

Scholar
#6 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 8:57 PM
So the only enduring inconveniences of the 1.69 patch are that you can't bypass the launcher, but also you no longer want to bypass the launcher because you have to watch the expansion pack dialog to make sure all the ones you own appear there. Sometimes the launcher? or Origin? I don't know where this error originates--randomly drops some of your expansions from the list. It's easy to get them back: just abort the launch and start over. I've never had to do it more than three times consecutively to get the launcher to express astonishment that I have somehow developed new expansions and invite me to enable them. Usually it's just once.