Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 8:53 PM
Default sims 3 mods on windows 10
Hi quick question

I cant seem to insall any sims 3 mods on my laptop its windows 10 is it possible to mod with w10 if so how?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 9:10 PM
I would suggest the Sims3 Game Help Pages on Wiki,where you can get all the information you need.Installing Mods on Win.10 is no different as Win.8 or Win.7
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by baturhulya
I would suggest the Sims3 Game Help Pages on Wiki,where you can get all the information you need.Installing Mods on Win.10 is no different as Win.8 or Win.7

Ive tried installing exactly as everyone says but when i try to unzip it just says unrecognized files.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by black77dragon
Ive tried installing exactly as everyone says but when i try to unzip it just says unrecognized files.

Using 7-zip? It doesn't come with windows, you have to download it.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 9:35 PM
I have Windows 10, and all I have to do to unzip "zip" files is double-click them. I can then move the package files inside to my mods folder. For rar files, you have to download 7-zip, as stated above.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 2:52 AM
Some users have problems double-clicking to unzip on various versions of Windows, but right-clicking and selecting decompress (or something like that) should still work. For others, it's sometimes the other way around. But that's an issue with operating system setup and permissions, nothing to do with mods themselves. Once you can finally get the package files extracted and the Framework with Resource.cfg set up, mods work exactly the same on all operating systems.
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 12:05 PM
If you can't unzip with 7Zip,you can download WinRAR and try to unzip by double clicking .Windows 10 allways ask you for permission,for anything you try to do,so try to run everything as administrator.I'm also on win.10.I can't even launch my game if I don't
right click the exe to run as administrator.