Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 4:21 AM Last edited by Elynda : 1st Sep 2016 at 11:45 AM.
Default Do you dream of sims?
I sometimes wonder if I don't play Sims 3 a little too much. Recently I have started dreaming about them.

I've had similar experiences before with other games I've become immersed in: long ago with Dungeon Siege and Sacred, and later (far more vividly) with Two Worlds. Those latter were quite scary actually, if you've ever played that game you'll know why! But once i dreamed that I actually was Valla, my heroine from Dungeon Siege II, and that was glorious!

Not that my sims dreams are in anyway disturbing or unpleasant, mostly they are rather wacky and weird, often funny, and, as is often the case with dreams, don't make a lot of sense when you wake up. My most recent involved many of my 'Scumthorpe' characters, particularly my private investigators Rick Jason and Hank Dibber, plus Kat Deville (aka Acrocat) and my beloved Kitty. And also some of Bloodiedhell's and Nat619's characters (including Abraxas, Nalina and some of the Farrington's). Abraxas was bad enough, but I suppose I should feel relieved that Mingham-Smith's Sprog wasn't there! But as I say, it was all more comical than scary. At one point Hank Dibber was determined to get the handcuffs on Kat Deville, but she avoided it by going into this big 'chica-boom-chic' Carmen Miranda style Latin American number, which everybody joined in, improvising really lame lyrics like 'You dirty rotten crook, You've gotta stupid look, Gonna put in my book' and other's that I'd be embarrassed to repeat.

Meantime, I was there, along with my sim of Shirley Temple to whom, in spite of all the mayhem, I was giving dancing lessons. Which is totally absurd because there is nothing I could ever have taught that kid about dancing! Nor Bill (Bo Jangles) Robinson, who often danced with her in her movies - yes, I made a sim of him too! I was trying to get them both to do a tap routine together, to grab everybody's attention, and maybe defuse the situation on the other side of the room, which was rapidly degenerating from a Carioca into a saloon brawl. But Bill wanted me in the act, despite my protests that tap was never my forte. What ensued was a kind of macabre combination of Morris dancing and Swan Lake. Even so, we were a smash hit. Like I said, it was weird! All it lacked was Abraxas dragged up as Carmen Miranda in a 'tutti frutti' hat! Now there's an idea for you Bloodied!

Anyway, that was my dream, what I can remember of it. I was wondering if anybody else had dreams about their sims. Tell us about them.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 7:04 AM Last edited by igazor : 1st Sep 2016 at 7:27 AM.
In my case, I'm afraid it's more complicated than that. My sims dream of me.

What I do dream of, that I can remember, tends to be nonsensical blends of things. Guess you could call them mashups. Such as providing technical game support to my co-workers (who do require technical support, but games don't belong in that scene anywhere). Or presenting monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual statistics to management and colleagues as required, but somehow they are full of worlds' MasterController Demographics Reports and Baking Forecasts, with time measured in sim years.

Oh, and I suppose the occasional dream of walking up to complete strangers on the street, rearranging their ears, noses, and other visual characteristics, and explaining they might look better with a more realistic skin replacement. Those kind never seem to end well.
Site Helper
#3 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 9:07 PM
I had a recurring dream a few years ago of one of my sims from Sims 2 breaking out of the game and into the real world, where he was promptly confused by some of the things that don't work the same way. (Like when the fridge is empty, it doesn't matter how much money you have in the bank, you still need to go to the store; the time you leave, plus travel time, is the time it will be when you arrive; and taxis are not free.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 9:39 PM
Barely >-< I did dream about the sims yesterday though, just for like 10 seconds that I can somehow still remember XD But usually these dreams come up when I start thinking about some scene for any sim story i'm working on and when I fall asleep I somehow get to dream about certain characters.

Unless it's anything CC related. Like trying pretty hard to think of a fix for whatever CC project I'm working on. For some reason I'll get dreams on how to fix it. Not that they all work out...
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
All it lacked was Abraxas dragged up as Carmen Miranda in a 'tutti frutti' hat! Now there's an idea for you Bloodied!

SOMEONE MAKE CC OF THIS AND I WILL DO IT

twerking
Scholar
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 8:45 PM
^ Lmao oh Jesus that would be something. I've never been unlucky enough to dream about Abraxas, but I do remember dreaming about Tate being my Maths teacher. That was pretty unpleasant!
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 12:38 AM Last edited by Elynda : 3rd Sep 2016 at 12:49 AM.
Bloodied Oh god! What have started!?

Actually there's a rather nice Carmen Miranda type hat from the Store that you get as a free gift for registering one of the EPs, can't remember which. You'd have to some how fix it so men could use it tho'.

EDIT: No, wait, I just checked and you can get a male version of it too.

Nat Tate + maths? Now that really would be a disturbing dream!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 11:07 PM
I've never dreamed of Sims 3 sims, but I used to dream Sims 2 all the time.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 6:35 AM
The short answer would be "Yes." There's much more that I could say about it but by this time, perhaps there's no need for me to write it up, because MTS people who've known me for a while can probably predict & imitate pretty well what I'd post. So I will wait a little, in case someone wants to have a go.
Scholar
#10 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
The short answer would be "Yes." There's much more that I could say about it but by this time, perhaps there's no need for me to write it up, because MTS people who've known me for a while can probably predict & imitate pretty well what I'd post. So I will wait a little, in case someone wants to have a go.

I would love to read anything you have to say a bout anything, I think.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 8:08 PM
I do, when I haven't played in a long time like a month. My sub conscience apparently tells me that I miss them. The dreams are sims-like, either with menus appearing or me wandering in a sims town and checking on them, haha
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 3:08 AM Last edited by Elynda : 6th Sep 2016 at 3:23 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
I would love to read anything you have to say a bout anything, I think.

Same here.

MiniMimi I sometimes find that too, and not just with Sims, but the characters in the stories I write, particularly ones that I have spent a lot of time with. I get to know them so well that I know just what they'd say in any particular situation. If I haven't done anything with that particular story or character for a while they turn up in my dreams, as if they're trying to remind me 'hey, I'm still here'. I expect that sounds a bit crazy, like having imaginary friends, but so long as they're not bad dreams, I don't particularly care.

More sims related: once or twice I have had what I call 'control dreams' where I am actually in control of events, rather as though I were playing a game.

Field Researcher
#13 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 8:43 AM
A better question is: Sims dreams of us?
Site Helper
#14 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
Same here.

More sims related: once or twice I have had what I call 'control dreams' where I am actually in control of events, rather as though I were playing a game.

I never thought of those as if I was playing a game. To me it's more like "Hey, this is MY dream. If I want to ____ I'm going to ____! You aren't even real, so don't try stopping me or you're going to end up changed into something better."

(This attitude came in handy right after I saw the first Nightmare on Elm Street, and had Freddy Krueger slicing ham for sandwiches at a picnic in the park later that night.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 6:41 PM
Ha! Elynda, talking to your story characters is awesome!
I also dream of games if I play them way too much, for example when playing Dying Light (a zombie shooter game) for weeks I started having nightmares filled with zombies; night after night. It was tiresome lol so I was almost glad of finishing the game because I knew the nightmares would stop.
As for controlling dreams, I used to do it a lot; pretty rare now though. Flying to escape enemies. Boring dream? Change everybody's language (including me ofc) to an unknown language (that was hilarious!). Cheating the bad scenario by using a fast rewind button (nope, I didn't know of Dr Who yet! ). Or by abusing Quick Save and Quick load buttons :D
Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 5:38 AM
Lol YES!! I definitely think I play Sims too much, as my sims have started regularly showing up in my dreams too!! Sometimes they're just making cameo appearances, other times I spend all of my dream just playing Sims lmao.
Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 9:46 PM Last edited by Xane123 : 20th Sep 2016 at 9:51 PM. Reason: Added a reply.
For me, nothing recent but one part of an older dream had a Sim I made for my YouTube video from Sims 2 phased through a counter in front of me and said "Soo Soo", greeting me. I quickly replied with the same phrase,

I didn't try the other phrases I would know, like Sims Bustin' Out's Meatahfoomah! Or Sims 2 (Console)'s "Winner, winner" thing Sims say if they accept your compliment

Also, another dream had me in a building where some music event was going on and at one point, I think I found the plasma fruit juice box from Sims 3.

@Baiaana: Ah, if mine did, they'd probably dream about me making them drink from juice boxes then have enough of that and fight against me. 😉

Visit my website: Xane.com, please! This is Xane123, signing off!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#19 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 12:32 PM
(Not a TS3 player but answering anyway since dreaming about the sims isn't an exclusive TS3 thing!)
I never, ever dream about my sims or playing any of the games. That's not to say that I don't have sims-related dreams, because I do. Oh boy, do I ever... I regularly make new content in my dreams OR I dream about something I've been working on that has a little problem I can't work out. Seriously, no kidding. I even solved a problem in a dream once and remembered it when I woke up. My dream solution worked like a charm too.

Yeah, I know. I need to close all my programs and step away from the computer for a bit. (In my defense though: I used to make - and sell - dollhouses. I loved making all the little furniture and accessories. Now that I can't do that in real life anymore...)
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 12:51 AM
I've dreamed I'm still playing the Sims, just as I do with select games I've played the hell out of. Recently that would include Crusader Kings 2 (alias the medieval soap opera plot generator), and historically things like Civ 2.