Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 7:47 AM
Is there a Sims 4 Studio equivalent for The Sims 3?
Fortunately for avid Simmers, EA & Maxis have finally given us an easy way to create super-customized Sims items.
Unfortunately for me, I am not at all a fan of The Sims 4, and have returned to playing The Sims 3, and I don't know if there is something like a Sims 3 Studio so I can make new stuff for my game without the hassle of specialized & often pricey tools.

Basically, is there a Sims 3 Studio?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Try the TSR Workshop.

I've tried TSR, and the stuff will never load properly into my game! I see it in the Launcher - Downloads, but as the game goes to the loading screen, it crashes! When I remove TSR items, the game works perfectly.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 9:52 AM
There is a section at the top with all sorts of tutorials under create - sims3 - meshing. You will find all the tutorials and links there. There is another tool available, but since sims3 is an older game, they might need some investigation to find, like s3pe, but you need some plugins for it I think.

There is also the option of making sim3pack files into package files of course.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 11:10 AM
Have you tried extracting the packages from the S3Pack first?

Saves you the trouble of going through the launcher.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#6 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 12:50 PM
Yeah the amount of S3packs in your: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads could actually cause the launcher to crash, whether it is a TSR download or not.

When it really is the artist on TSR's fault, I guess it's always good to contact them about it.

TSRW's latest versions aren't correctly made for the sims 3 though. especially when it comes to TS3 CASparts (Clothing, shoes, etc). Believe me, the moment I opened CAS to see if TSRW's 3D render window was showing me the wrong thing (As in wonky sims, half blackness on the texture, textures not even loading). My CAS crashed.

Now the main issue of the problem is that TSRW's import>export plugin isn't working correctly for the sims 3, but it seems to work for ts4. So I guess the developers totally left TS3 and are focusing more on TS4.

I do have a working version of TSRW on my tumblr under downloads though.