Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 1:19 AM
Default mods crash
hi there im new to sims and been adding mods so far i get alot of crashes and i simply extract the most recent mods and locate which files are crashing me on load screen then once discovered i leave those mods alone.

recently ive been adding lots of sim mods and wanna add mroe celeb ones but they seem to be the ones crashing on load screen.

is there any file or editing i need to do before adding these mods as they have new skins on there face and maybe this is problem thanks in advance
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 2:20 AM
I guess one of the first questions here is are you on a PC or Mac. Do you have the mods framework correctly installed as explained and illustrated On This Page ?

Are you referring to actual mods or custom content?
Mods are programs created that alter the way the game is played. Mods go into the Mods/Packages folder as illustrated in the link I provided above. Please advise what Mods you are trying to install? If they are actual mods you need to also make sure the mod supports the patch you are using.

Custom Content are objects such as build/buy things - Sims - Lots etc. Content downloaded in 3Pack Format needs to be installed by the Launcher and that content will go into your DCCache folder. Items with the .ebc extension are EA Store Items and .dbc for items installed from other sites. For installing 3pack files see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packs

Custom Content items downloaded as .package files go in the Mods/Packages folder. Please make sure to carefully read how to install in the link I provided above in the first paragraph.

I would suggest not adding any more content until you are sure you have your game files set up correctly. Hopefully this will get you started. If you need more assistance please also include what you are trying to install and your patch level. If problems persist some of the folks in here will want to see system specs but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.