Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 10:13 PM
Default Which world is your favorite?
It is possible that this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find the thread. Which is your favorite world for The Sims 3 and why so? Pick any world you are familiar with.

Personally I would have to say Los Aniegos since I feel like it's a world that really elevates the whole game. I also fancy Sunlit Tides for it unique and superb look and Aurora Skies since it feels incredibly cozy.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 12:30 AM
For the EA worlds- Lunar Lakes, Riverview and Lucky Palms.

For custom worlds, one I built myself.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 9:08 AM
Bridgeport.

Despite the issues, it's a fun world to play in. Idk why, but I love playing in big cities with buildings crowded everywhere. Feels kinda comfy.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 9:57 AM
I just love Sunset Valley. Idk, there's just something about it.
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 3:07 PM
I can't decide between Bridgeport and Lucky Palms. I prefer LP from an overall design standpoint, but I spent much more time actually playing Bridgeport. LP is like a place I like to visit, while BP feels more like home. It's also the only town I enjoy playing with all weathers and seasons enabled.
Scholar
#6 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 4:02 PM
Despite how many errors I get while playing it, I love the take on Strangetown from here. It takes influences from the versions of Strangetown found on the handheld consoles as well as the PC version, the map layout makes it feel so big and spread out, with all these little mini zones with their own personality, it pays tribute to previous versions while still feeling very much like a Sims 3 world and it just has that wonderful Strangetown quirkiness without feeling like it's trying too hard. It's got so much personality and I love it.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Forum Resident
#7 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 5:36 PM
My favorite one is Midnight Hollow. I haven't regretted a single moment that I bought it. I know some people might think it's too dark, but that's what I love about it. And many of the townies actually look good.
Scholar
#8 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gingerxyz
Despite how many errors I get while playing it, I love the take on Strangetown...

It isn't Strangetown without a few errors.
Instructor
#9 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 8:02 PM
My own, which was never uploaded anywhere and never will be. It remains unfinished after years, but is playable -- in fact I have played numerous games in it.

It has everything I want: a vibrant downtown big city, slums on the outskirts (occupied by vampires), a large mobile home park, a working class neighborhood, a middle class neighborhood and an exclusive wealthy area. It has a rural area with farms, a military base, a shorefront with ships and warehouses, a large wilderness area (for werewolves and witches), a large lake in the center connected by a number of custom bridges, a high tech campus, a large manufacturing district, an industrial area with toxic chemicals (where zombies spawn), campgrounds. Trains run through it. It has canals for ships going from the lake to the sea. Bridges cross over the canals.

What is mostly missing are a lot of the decorative items, which I largely make by myself. Maybe someday I will get off my butt and finish it. More likely I will start over. But probably not.
Scholar
#10 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 3:19 AM
"Barnacle Bay!" I giddily shout, before winking at an imaginary camera and walking into traffic. God what a joke that world was. At least since then their worlds were all improvements and actually had effort put into them. A few of my go to for playing include:

- Midnight Hollow's obnoxious, eye-straining dark colouring scheme will probably result in a civil lawsuit against EA but it's a pretty sweet world. I dislike the houses in the game, wide hallways and thoroughfares but tiny living spaces, but the community lots and a lot of the rabbithole buildings are really well done.

- Sunset Valley is actually nice once I renovate it. Combine a few rabbitholes, move some of the lots around, renovate the downtown shops for a better small town feel. I guess more than anything I like the actual layout.

- Roaring Heights, a themed world without being so out there it becomes unusable for your normal families. I've always welcomed city worlds into the game.

- Appaloosa Plains is the same as Sunset Valley, nice after I renovate a lot of it with my own buildings.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 3:46 AM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 8th Sep 2016 at 1:43 AM.
Union Cove Seasons is pretty good. It has interesting characters like The Addams' Family. Most of the lots are playable, just a few are unplayable and made just for eye candy... The slums are interesting. I found the rich house for the player sims to be annoying. The starter lots are good.

If you don't play with the dragons, Dragon Valley is good. I have one game in Dragon valley going.

I've started to use a "throw away" world like Lucky Palms to level up a sim, so I can move to a world with more interesting sims to be social. If you level up and then try to be social, you'll find all the interesting characters the world makers made are all elders or in the cemetery.

I didn't like Barnacle Bay at first, I thought it was a vacation world that had gone bad. But, it's growing on me.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 10:10 AM
Instructor
#13 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 5:15 PM
EA wise... I just love Appaloosa Plains, especially when you empty it and start from scratch.
Also, when they're empty and fixed, Isla Paradiso and Sunlit Tides. Emphasis on fixed...

Custom made ones I use Cloverdale Lite a TON because everything is there, it's small, and I can get started right away with my tiny families.
Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 4:18 AM
I love the base 'hood the best, but I wish I could update it with all the cool things that come in the expansions.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 11:31 AM
I love Gibsons,Winfield and Oak Leaf which are my creations.
I also love Evermore Falls,Glenvale County,Deery Meadows and Storybrook County for legacies and some work well for a 100 baby challenge.Evermore Falls looks like a 100 BC world if being played by my 100BC rules.
None of these worlds were populated in new games and had to be populated over time as I played the town.
Instructor
#16 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 5:14 PM Last edited by MeltingMagnetz : 9th Sep 2016 at 5:14 PM. Reason: Grammar Alec, Grammar
My favorite worlds are by Burnt Waffles.
My favorite so far is Concoraadia Prime. It's pretty futuristic and i love it(since ITF is my second fave EP).
Also i really love St.Manolia . It's perfect for legacy because it has everything.
Anyway anything that this girl has done for the TS3 CC community in amazing

I need a cigarette