Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 11:42 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a child with a red aspiration. *Notes that down as something I need to try* My sims are all too nice and all too friendly. As in I will do a long distance wave or maybe just walk into your house, pick up your baby, use your bathtub and sleep in your bed level of friendships. Which is partly why I married in a cow, for some drama. As to aspirations most of those are platinum. I do use a mod to slow it down and still just got my first perma plat child. I'm sure fragile perm plat will take care of that at some point though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Theorist
Original Poster
#27 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 11:48 AM
I loathe permaplat aspiration because it kills the fun for me. Nowadays my sims barely get the LTW one.
My sims are pretty happy too but I set them in red aspiration with Simmanipulator when they lose a close relative.
Scholar
#28 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I don't think I've ever seen a child with a red aspiration. *Notes that down as something I need to try* My sims are all too nice and all too friendly. As in I will do a long distance wave or maybe just walk into your house, pick up your baby, use your bathtub and sleep in your bed level of friendships. Which is partly why I married in a cow, for some drama. As to aspirations most of those are platinum. I do use a mod to slow it down and still just got my first perma plat child. I'm sure fragile perm plat will take care of that at some point though.

in my gen 4 legacy 3 of my kids feared their dog dying. I didn't even notice at the time, because I was too busy reconfiguring my CC folder. Anyway all of them came home from school with aspirations in the red. They started fighting, made enemies with one of the neighbor girls that came over, etc.....it was very dramatic.

edit> this is mod removes permaplat via LTA

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Forum Resident
#29 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 8:16 PM
Kids in red aspiration will pick fights with other kids out of the blue, kick over trash cans (and then the neat ones try to pick up the trash!), smash gravestones, and do that standing, stomping tantrum. I see this a lot as all of my toddlers fall deep into the red after four days so they age up into red-aspiration kids. Fortunately new-minted kids tend to have a Make Friend/Make Best Friend want that I can make use of.
Inventor
#30 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
Malik is 1 point nice while his brother Medhi is nicer (7 points nice I think). It all started when they were kids.
Both are fighting to the point it becomes tiresome and Malik always wins because he has more body points.

I like a good fight. Why not sit Medhi down to study Physiology? Then his first physical activity will send his body points to maximum, and Malik will get a sharp lesson.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#31 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMposiast
Kids in red aspiration will pick fights with other kids out of the blue, kick over trash cans (and then the neat ones try to pick up the trash!), smash gravestones, and do that standing, stomping tantrum. I see this a lot as all of my toddlers fall deep into the red after four days so they age up into red-aspiration kids. Fortunately new-minted kids tend to have a Make Friend/Make Best Friend want that I can make use of.

Why would they all be in the red? Toddlers only want some attention.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#32 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 10:44 AM

Yes. How are they all in the red?

Sims go into red aspiration when their fears are fulfilled. So just how do all your toddlers end up in deep red aspiration? Who is fulfilling all their worst fears? It sounds like it might be serious neglect, or even abuse to me. I think I'll have a word with the SimCity Social Work Department about your families.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 11:01 AM
Toddlers falling into red aspiration are just waiting for the social worker to turn up. You may start bidding them good-bye, even before Andrew calls her.
Theorist
Original Poster
#34 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 11:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by music2ologist
I like a good fight. Why not sit Medhi down to study Physiology? Then his first physical activity will send his body points to maximum, and Malik will get a sharp lesson.

Well Medhi doesn't want to study physiology so I don't force him.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#35 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Toddlers falling into red aspiration are just waiting for the social worker to turn up. You may start bidding them good-bye, even before Andrew calls her.

Do they though? I thought they only came for hunger, temperature and social. I'm sure i have a hd a couple of red toddlers from fire or loosing a grandparent, those are usually the big toddler fears. But it only take a tickle and a snuggle and they are back to rights again.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#36 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 11:42 AM
Eugh, I have two twins in my game that drive me insane. They're always at each others throats. I've tried my hardest to get them to talk or watch TV together, but the household is quite big so when I switch to see what their parents or siblings are doing, they often end up fighting. I have to keep pausing my game twhenI check on my other sims so I can keep focused on them. I'm not sure why they dislike each other so much - usually twins and siblings are best friends. I can't remember their personalities - I know Vanessa is quite grouchy but I can't remember about Vincent. I'm now considering splitting the parents up just to get te twins away from each other - but that's probably a bad idea. They'll be at college in 8 or so rotations... But that's still as while off. Maybe one of them might stay with their half-brother in his mansion for a bit.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#37 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 12:02 PM
Get them to play chess, they won't leave unless needs are desperate. Make sure they are in a good mood before they start and you can basically ignore them the whole time.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#38 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 12:33 PM
I seem to remember that I lost a number of toddlers to the social worker in my stupid days - but that was also the vanilla game, I think there is a mod now that makes the social worker behave more reasonably? (I may even have it )

Siblings fighting are more or less normal in my game - twins - and I think I know about twins - can be the worst, depending on personality. Jo has a point, keep them busy with something like chess, then they will not get up behind your back.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 11:02 PM
As a brother with a brother (well, half-brother) in real life, I can state that fighting and disagreements are gonna happen to a degree. I was actually surprised at how fast siblings can be friends with each other in Sims 2, especially if the ones that need 'space' get that space while getting social interactions in.

Should also mention I'm a hands-on player, so I'm more likely to instigate positive interactions between Sims. Every so often though, there's some that just don't get along.

Most of my families get along quite nicely, the ones that don't seem to be the ones like "Malcolm in the Middle" where so many people are in a small space. (If you don't know, it's a TV show I grew up watching about a family with a bunch of brothers. There was even an episode with a parody version of The Sims.) In the actual Sims 2, something similar can be accomplished by building a small house with small rooms, so there's barely enough room for necessities let alone fun objects.

On the other hand, one of my first families was a single Sim that married a townie (the adult Ivy Coupr, IIRC) and had something like 6 kids: 5 girls and one boy. They grew up in a greatly-expanded house that started as one of the Pleasantview 'trailers' near Brandi Broke's house and all got along very well, all the way to the point where the girls with high outgoing and nice points would help the introverted brother and sisters with meeting people, making friends, etc.
Forum Resident
#40 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 4:57 AM
Red aspiration won't trigger the Social Worker. Low hunger or low social will. Low anything else won't.

Toddlers don't interest me so I don't direct my older sims to fill their wants, only their needs:diapering, feeding, or being put to bed. They have a dollhouse for fun. Skills? Nuh uh. My older sims have better things to do than teaching them to walk, talk, or use the potty.

@AndrewGloria. You go ahead. I have hacks to keep the Social Workers at bay.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 5:02 AM

Four days is enough to knock 'em down the aspiration meter. Babies age up into low green, never saw a baby age up into gold or platinum.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#42 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 6:45 AM
Toddlers all have wants for social interaction with their parents such as play, hug etc, it takes no time at all to do a few of those and they will then grow up well and not be miserable while you play them. If you used a toddler mat/bed the toddler can put itself to bed and with that extra time the parent could do a few socials. Or if you hate them that much why not just grow them up to children straight away?

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#43 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 7:04 PM
All that smacks of effort. If there's an age mod that will play well with TwoJeff's aging mod and shorten baby and toddler life stages to 2 days each, I'll take it. Otherwise, it is what it is.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 9:31 PM
Not fulfilling your Sims' wants just causes their aspiration to bump along the borderline between green and red. To get them into deep red you have fulfil their fears. @SIMposiast, it sounds like, consciously or sub-consciously, that's what your Sims are doing to their toddlers.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Alchemist
#45 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 10:24 PM
from past times playing, Toddler Wants were like this::
-at least 2 of the toddler-specific skills when they first become toddlers; the others being social interactions.
-after the toddler-specific skills have been fulfilled, mostly social interactions each time they wake up; with parent/parents if either is home, with anyone when both parents are absent.
-after social interactions, skill building.
without frequent editing of a Toddler's Wants, there seems to be a slight chance of both satisfying Toddler's Needs and ignoring the Wants.
Theorist
Original Poster
#46 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 10:24 PM
All that smacks of effort. If there's an age mod that will play well with TwoJeff's aging mod and shorten baby and toddler life stages to 2 days each, I'll take it. Otherwise, it is what it is.

What's about using Simlogical's age group tweak mod instead of TwoJeff's?
In my game, sims are babies for two days and toddlers for four/five days, I think. I don't recall the exact number.
Well I like toddlers.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#47 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 10:28 PM
Toddlers normally grow up with only a slither of green, they will very quickly be red over a couple of days if a parent doesn't give them at least a couple of cuddles.

Smacks of effort? No I like things easy. Putting a toddler into a cot/crib takes effort. My toddlers put themselves to bed and get themselves up, no screaming no bothering anyone. They then drink from there never ending sippy cup and go off to play, all very self reliant. Everyone is happy to play with them because they are cute and happy. I also quickly potty train them in one day so they are all self reliant on using there potty as well. A toddler can be more self reliant then a child since they have no homework, they simply play, need a cuddle or two and a bath. Nothing hard about that. Your toddlers are screaming miserable difficult things because that's how you choose to make them. As to growing them up, easily achieved on the sim blender.
Anyway enough of this. I am stepping out of this argument.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#48 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 11:14 PM
It's really easy to edit TJ's age mod in simpe. You can shorten (or length) any & all the ages if you want.
Page 2 of 2