Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#26 Old 5th May 2016 at 3:41 PM Last edited by natboopsie : 5th May 2016 at 5:14 PM.
Welcome back, fluorescentadolescent! Didn't realize you hadn't been reading, and I hope you don't mind that I sort of just ran away with giving all these tips. Good luck, and thanks for starting the thread---seems to have been helpful to lots of folks.

Quote: Originally posted by elly87
It worked, I am so happy, thank you very very much!
I used the instructions on post n. 14 and then the last you gave me.
So (hoping to write everything correctly):
-Buy 2 APOs, one for house A and one for house B
-Deny everyone both in A and B
-Lock both in A and B
-Override with names of member of two families (both in A and B, with different names depending on the member of the two families)
-Permit everyone
-Deny age groups from babies to adults
At this point Overrides were still okay.
I did the last two steps (Permit everyone and Deny age groups) only in house A, since the dog belongs to family A (so the dog cannot enter house B with family B).
Did I understood your method correctly?
For sure it can be done in a faster way, but I used the same APO that I bought the first time, not buying a new one, as you told.
If I made some mistakes in writing, feel free to tell me, so I can edit my post.
Thanks

I am so thrilled, elly! That is wonderful that we got it working for both your families, including the one with the dog. In your post, for the family with the dog (house A), you can skip these steps:
-Deny everyone
-Permit everyone

Because for that house, you only need to Deny by age group, which will keep the dog moving without restrictions. I only added Permit everyone for the house with the dog because I figured you had already done Deny everyone. What Permit everyone does is only to cancel out Deny everyone. That's why you can skip both of those entirely when your final intent is just to Deny by age, to avoid limiting a pet's movements.

I just realized that roommates should also be on the Overrides list, but then again, if you have a roommate, you are in an apartment, and so you would not need to use the APO in this way in the first place!

Edited to add: Thanks for your previous suggestion that I write a guide. I was considering editing my prior posts in this thread for clarity, and I finally realized that if I'm going to do that, perhaps I should indeed just write a wiki on this. I will look into it, perhaps this weekend.

Edited further to add: Good job, by the way, in realizing that your family B indeed needs to have Deny Everyone set still, because the dog does not belong in their house. So it seems that the two methods, Deny Everyone vs. Deny by age, both remain useful in separate cases, depending on whether a family on such a lot has a pet that is to be allowed only in their house.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 5th May 2016 at 4:08 PM
I agree on the guide. You must have had the APO forever to know it so well natboopsie.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 6th May 2016 at 7:31 AM
@natboopsie, thanks for your feedback on my APO setting. Yes, I thought there were some steps I could skip. Thanks for claryfing
I am thrilled too, as I can play those families now and having two of them on one lot was a project I thought some months ago and finally I could complete it thanks to you!
If you write a Wiki about it, I am sure many players will be glad, as whithout your help I don't know if I could have done the settings correctly the first time I used it.
Oh, and I also could try the setting of locking the burglar outside the house. He couldn't enter the houses and as soon as my sims woke up in the morning, I could call the police, who as usually fought with him and (luckly) arrested him.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 6th May 2016 at 11:15 AM
You're welcome, @elly67. I am so happy to have helped you finally make that gameplay project work!

Very kind of you to comment in support of my writing a wiki guide.

I am also quite thrilled to hear that the burglar setting works as advertised for you. It's a neat feature, isn't it! Lovely that that worked out well too and your sims' belongings stayed safe.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 6th May 2016 at 7:29 PM
@natboopsie, yes, blocking the burglar is a great feature!
Please let me know if you write the article on Wikia and again thank you SO much for your kindness and your precious help
Page 2 of 2