Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 2:27 PM
How do I kill sim who was genie blessed with never dying?
I regret picking that genie option I want him out. How?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 2:30 PM
You have university...have him get a cow plant. Feed the plant. wait for it to spawn a cake. Direct your sim to grab the cake.
You are done.
EDIT..
You might want to move grave to the lot of your choice..so for a bonus, you get a ghost.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 3:26 PM
Swimming pool? Fire? Starvation?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 3:28 PM
I think he automatically pleads with the reaper and wins, so it doesn't matter how you kill him.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 3:29 PM
Oh...doh! lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 3:31 PM
Cowplant then. There's no Reaper for cowplant death.
Scholar
#7 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 4:42 PM
Cowplant aside, doesn't the likelihood of successful pleading decrease after awhile? Meaning eventually he'll die?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 4:59 PM
Why do you people want to kill your poor simmies?

Put him on a lot on his own. Give him Inge's prisoner token. And never play the lot again.

That way he's got his wish -- he never dies, and you've got yours -- you never see him again!
Scholar
#9 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Put him on a lot on his own. Give him Inge's prisoner token. And never play the lot again.

That way he's got his wish -- he never dies, and you've got yours -- you never see him again!

The problem with this kind of plan is that those Sims keep walking by the playables houses, they keep visiting community lots, etc.
Not playing them is good enough if you're not too picky about those details, but there are many players who would be rather annoyed about it.

Have you tried Rodney's Death Creator? (Link: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=146780)
I have never used that wish so I can't say it would work for sure, but I think it's worth a try.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Why do you people want to kill your poor simmies?

How horrific! How terrifying! How diabolical! Reminds me of this....
Screenshots
Undead Molten Llama
#11 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
The problem with this kind of plan is that those Sims keep walking by the playables houses, they keep visiting community lots, etc.
Not playing them is good enough if you're not too picky about those details, but there are many players who would be rather annoyed about it.

That's why Andrew said give them Inge's prisoner token. With that in their inventory, they cannot leave their home lot. They can't be a walkby and you won't see them on community lots. The only place you'll see them if you never play their lot is on phone menus, if the caller knows the pixel in question.

As for the original question: The wish wears off after I believe three successful "death cheats." So...patience, dear child! Or cowplant, if you're that desperate. Or deliberately cause a "death" multiple times in quick succession by whatever means you like, and eventually one will work.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
Does the Prisoner Token not stop him appearing anywhere else?

[EDIT] Ninja'd by iCad.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 6:16 PM
I can't speak for anyone else, but although I am attached to my Sims the idea of them dying does not bother me. When it's their time, it's their time. That's less often than it is for some others, but eventually it is time for a Sim to die, just as we're all going to one day. It's natural.

Then again I'm also pro-death help, and don't judge people who commit suicide. I think we have as much right to death as we do to life, because the only one that has to put up with living is you and if you don't want to, who am I to tell you that you have to. Do I miss people who decided not to live any more? Yes, every day, but it was their call.

I'm unlikely to let Sims die by fire or any of the accidental deaths, can't remember when I last did, but they do die from old age.
Undead Molten Llama
#14 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 6:44 PM
Death is population control, both in the real world and in a Sim neighborhood. I don't understand people who fear it, both in the real world and in the Sim world and, in the real world, I'm philosophically against measures that artificially extend life, especially when such measures are applied to people who are quite obviously well past their due date, so to speak. So, that philosophy extends to my game. When it's their time, it's their time, and the way I play calls for random premature deaths due to accident , "death in the line of duty," or illness in addition to natural death due to entropy. (i.e. "old age") I have not incorporated the idea of suicide/euthanasia because it hasn't seemed necessary for pixels, but that option's open. I'm not against it, either. I'm also not really into playing psychopathic serial killers and the like, but have nothing against people who do. It's a game, after all,, and some people want true-to-life. Unfortunately, psychopathic serial killers do exist in the real world.

That being said, I can understand that people who can't accept that natural, entropic death is indeed natural and not something to be feared might not like having it in a game that they play for fun. I also understand that some people have been traumatized by the death of someone close to them or by witnessing a death or what-have-you and therefore don't wish to experience anything like it in a game that they play for fun. So, I say it's your game, play it the way you want, and don't look down on people who play it differently than you do. I don't see it so much here, but elsewhere I see people saying things like, "OMG, they let 'X' happen in their game, so that means that they think 'X' is OK in the real world, too!" Which , IMO, is generally BS.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 7:03 PM
Wise words, iCad
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 10:47 PM
Amura, the prisoner token stops them showing up anywhere, so it's very good for any sim you have imprisoned or just don't want to see.

As to population control killing sims really doesn't alter population because a dead sim is still a sim character file, they just changed into a tomb stone and can be changed back into a living sim any time.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 11:15 PM
I guess it's population control that if you don't want them to become playable again, they're not, and you don't even have to keep the gravestone at the home lot and deal with ghosts if you don't want to.
Undead Molten Llama
#18 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 11:24 PM
Yeah, I meant population control in the sense that I don't have to play that pixel anymore. In my older neighborhoods where I've got a ton of households, it's usually a case of "the fewer the better." I know they still remain as character files, but if they're dead, I don't have to deal with them anymore. Thus, the population is lower in my mind.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 11:49 PM
I get that. Playables that I don't want to reproduce at all get sent to the monastery or nunnery. If I really don't want to play them, my cemetery is looking for new ghost colours so yes those might meet some unfortunate end. Last time that happened the sim was glitched and crashing my game (I'd rather not think about the state of the hoods health) So silly man went and jumped in a puddle and somehow got hit by lightening... It was sad for his family who I have to play because she's the towns main DR and they live at the hospital.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#20 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 2:38 AM
I play The Sims for fantasy, more often than not. Death scares me in RL, so if I can avoid it in the game then I will.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 11:00 AM
Well, I seem to have stirred things up a bit with what I thought was a light-hearted post. But I suppose I'm quite well known hereabouts for doing just about anything to keep my Sims alive and happy. I suppose there are several things contributed to my attitude to death in The Sims.

I put a lot of thought into the first families I created, and I am very grateful that I got through my early days of playing them without losing any, before I learned how to mod out dangers to them, and quit without saving. I've never had to do the latter yet (I've never even seen the Grim Reaper!), but at least I now know what to do (or what not to do). I'd have been very upset if I'd lost any of my first Sims in a stupid fire, and might even have given up playing.

It was a revelation to me when I realised that all Sims (including townies and NPCs) have aspirations and fears. To begin with I just played my CAS families and treated the pre-mades the same as I treated townies. Only when Puck got involved with one of my own Sims, did I realise that he had his own plans for his life, and I had just trampled all over them. (I still feel a bit guilty about that.) Then, when I got Dolphin's Control this Sim and started to use SimPE, I could see that townies and NPCs had aspirations and fears too. The use of those emotive words "aspirations" and "fears" makes me feel that Sims must be more than just a collection of pixels controlled by computer algorithms: to me they become real little people, and I'd hate to be thought of as the kind of person who would deliberately fulfil anyone's fears. My Sims entertain me and give me a lot of fun. So I look after them.

I hate it when I look at teens' panels and see them fearing the death of their boyfriends and girlfriends. That's understandable with elders, but at their age they shouldn't have to worry about that!

I do see the contradiction between the storytelling element in The Sims, and my wish to keep them alive. I don't think Agatha Christie was a serial killer because half the characters in her books got murdered! I read and enjoy the posts by freefalldreams and mirjamsim2love in the What's happening in your game right now? thread. But I make sure my own Sims are safely tucked up in bed first! I don't want anything like that to happen to them!

I probably shall eventually accept the deaths of some of my oldest Sims in extreme old age. But I'll want them to have the best possible death, platinum mood and loved by their family and friends. ...even old Consort Capp. In the meantime I still have things planned for them.

In OP's case I really do feel it's particularly rotten to be killed anyway, after you've been promised immortality. I do think OP should honour the genie's promise. So I've suggested a way to get him out of the game, without breaking the genie's promise. Of course Zarathustra is right: being imprisoned for eternity with the key thrown away does indeed sound a fate worse than death! So let's just call it "suspended animation"!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 2:20 PM
They will eventually die, each time they plead, their chance of success is lowered. I hate that wish though, it was so traumatising to watch Jon Plead for his life every hour. (It was an old age death, Grim came every hour to try and take Jon)
Mad Poster
#23 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 2:33 PM
That's odd, Mattie! Red Onions made that wish, and so far he's pled twice, two days in a row, six o'clock sharp. (His granddaughter thinks he's awesome.) His wife, who also made that wish, is also out of time and she hasn't seen Grim yet, presumably because he was busy with Red at 6:00.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 2:49 PM Last edited by LaurellKH : 25th Apr 2014 at 3:15 PM.

Oh, my char is an immortal drow being killed by a drowess. She wants his house. Drows take over like that. Choice of death was cheat flies which I know to work effectively unlike few others I tried with Simmanipulator.
Sims have genie wish for more life they can barter with reaper every time. But success of barter depreciates depending on your game, mods, and chance. I read somewhere a person had success cheat aging sim to max age and killing them so I tried. I cannot tell how many times I did try to kill the sim beforehand sorry do not remember. At a guess 10?
I did not test cow plant because role playing in my game cow plant is not evil killer. He his a portal to another dimension. I will not take time to explain. But I do not disbelieve just have not tried.

Mods for killing I used were: Simmanipulator by Aaroneous and SimBlender.

Thank you for helps.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 4:18 PM
Use the cow plant then. He goes off to live in another dimension and keeps his wish.
Page 1 of 2