Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2016 at 6:09 PM
Default What have I done to my game?
OK, so, I'm currently playing a clean Pleasantview. I've only been playing it for about 5 days, mind you - so probably not enough time to build up a significant amount of corruption.

I entered Brandi Broke's lot for the first time last night, sent her to the grocery store, left Beau alone, didn't heed the warnings, and the Social Worker came for him. Whatever. She had too many kids, anyway.

So, the Social Worker got out of the car and picked him up, but she didn't drive off. The another Social Worker came and got out of the car, then got back in. But the van wouldn't leave. THEN, the school bus dropped Dustin and Angela off, but that wouldn't leave either. So both the bus and the van were there for a couple sim hours. Finally, I decided I wanted to have access to Build/Buy Mode again, so I tried to use the Sim Blender to clear off one of the Social Workers. My game became extremely laggy, froze, then crashed. I know (or, I'm pretty sure) that Social Workers are objects, but I thought that it would at least be okay to try to clear them off?

What was this entire frightening series of events? I haven't rebooted my game yet for fear that I'll just ruin it further, so that was my last experience with the neighborhood.

(EDIT: Also - I apologize if this is better suited for the Help thread. I wasn't sure, as I didn't know if this was actual corruption, or just a glitch, or whatever.)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 2nd May 2016 at 6:31 PM
I don't believe the Social Workers are entirely just objects - although I *could* be wrong about that -, so removing them should have been completely safe. I know of people who age the Social Workers (and the burglars and some other annoying service sims) down to babies so they won't cause any more disturbances. The game will not produce new service sims in those positions, because the originals have not died yet. But the originals will not be able to show up, because they are babies, who cannot do anything but lie on the floor.

I think something simply glitched at the moment the social worker was supposed to leave. I would advise to just try playing the same lot again and see what happens. Unless someone else comes along who claims to have a better idea... :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd May 2016 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
I don't believe the Social Workers are entirely just objects - although I *could* be wrong about that -, so removing them should have been completely safe. I know of people who age the Social Workers (and the burglars and some other annoying service sims) down to babies so they won't cause any more disturbances. The game will not produce new service sims in those positions, because the originals have not died yet. But the originals will not be able to show up, because they are babies, who cannot do anything but lie on the floor.

I think something simply glitched at the moment the social worker was supposed to leave. I would advise to just try playing the same lot again and see what happens. Unless someone else comes along who claims to have a better idea... :D

Thank you!

I'm really amused by the idea of Social Workers as babies. Suddenly their motivation for Social Work is entirely different - it's now a pro-baby revolution.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd May 2016 at 7:14 PM
Sounds like the portal hiccuped. As long as you didn't save, it should be ok to reload the lot and try again.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
#5 Old 2nd May 2016 at 9:28 PM
the hacks named Debugger (Pescado's or CJ's) might have an interaction that might fix this situation.

if all else fails, might replace the neighborhood with some earlier version.

about the section of this thread; to me it would be better to let a moderator move the thread than to re-post.