Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
3 people viewing

TheSweetToddler

There are also 2 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for July - posted on 1st Aug 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 7918 (Who?), Viewed: 705132 times.
Page 317 of 317
Theorist
#7901 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 8:30 AM
Planning on reinstalling Island Paradise- is the lag largely contained within Isla Paradise, or does it affect other worlds as well?
Instructor
#7902 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
Planning on reinstalling Island Paradise- is the lag largely contained within Isla Paradise, or does it affect other worlds as well?

I think Nraas go here and the route fixed worlds take care of most problems.
Theorist
#7903 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 6:14 PM
So it sounds largely like an issue caused by Isla Paradiso itself? Sound good
Alchemist
#7904 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 6:21 PM
The only problem I have with the IP expansion is in worlds where sims try to route places by boat, but the waterways are too narrow (e.g., Riverview) to allow for that and they get stuck going in circles with no way to reach the shore. NRaas GoHere, the current version, fixes that with its option to disallow boat routing.

As for Isla Paradiso itself, I had only minimal problems there once I took some steps to fix the world up, get rid of a few very difficult or impossible to fix residential lots, and move most of the premades living on houseboats to residences inland because there were far too many of them on houseboats to start for that to work well. Since then another approach has evolved.
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...oving-ip-lag/p1
Theorist
#7905 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 6:37 AM
Is there any way of removing foundation posts (the ones from the IP patch) from lots after you've placed them from the Library?

It seems like another one of those bugs they never fixed.
Forum Resident
#7906 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 3:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
Is there any way of removing foundation posts (the ones from the IP patch) from lots after you've placed them from the Library?

It seems like another one of those bugs they never fixed.

Answer is yes, there is a way. Sadly, I don't recall how I did it. I remember it being tedious and never used those again because any changes are tedious... Part senility, part just a terrible memory that I didn't want to relive Pretty sure it involves a NRAAS mod (all good things come from NRAAS mods) like MC or Debug, and clicking on each post.

Sims are better than us.
Alchemist
#7907 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 9:38 PM
This isn't a help question, but I need opinions.

I bought a new tower yesterday as the one I had my game on decided that it doesn't like TS3 anymore. I tried playing my game 4 different times and every time I tried, it crashed. Knowing that I haven't installed anything lately either in the form of CC or mods, I took it as a sign that it was time to retire the ancient system I was playing on.

I spent the wee hours of this morning fighting with Windoze 10 and NET.Framwork, but aside from that, my game runs better than it has in a long time. Currently I have it installed on the regular hard drive, but before I get proverbially settled in to this new system, I'm wondering if it would be worth it to move everything over to the SSD? I've never had a system with a SSD, so I don't know if all the hype about them is true or not.

Thoughts?
Forum Resident
#7908 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 4:13 AM
What are "pose packs" FOR? Just for screenshots?
Forum Resident
#7909 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 4:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackjackGabbiani
What are "pose packs" FOR? Just for screenshots?

Yes

Sims are better than us.
Alchemist
#7910 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 4:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
This isn't a help question, but I need opinions.

I bought a new tower yesterday as the one I had my game on decided that it doesn't like TS3 anymore. I tried playing my game 4 different times and every time I tried, it crashed. Knowing that I haven't installed anything lately either in the form of CC or mods, I took it as a sign that it was time to retire the ancient system I was playing on.

I spent the wee hours of this morning fighting with Windoze 10 and NET.Framwork, but aside from that, my game runs better than it has in a long time. Currently I have it installed on the regular hard drive, but before I get proverbially settled in to this new system, I'm wondering if it would be worth it to move everything over to the SSD? I've never had a system with a SSD, so I don't know if all the hype about them is true or not.

Thoughts?

TS3 will benefit from being installed on an SSD, and also by having one's user game folder on one -- Documents can be redirected in its entirety at the Windows level or symlinks can be used. Some games/other programs show no benefit, TS4 happens to be one of those. The places that show marked improvement are loadups, saves, caching, and CAS and Build/Buy catalog building and display. For actual gameplay once things are going, I don't think there's much or any difference.

The threshold question though would be is this SSD also running Windows and how much space have you got to work with on either drive. Both Windows and the game need a fair amount of free space to maneuver properly, so a 128 GB or smaller SSD is not going to cut it. A 256 GB might, but over time you'll likely be forever shuffling things like content and saved games around to other drives to keep enough free space.
Forum Resident
#7911 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 5:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Brown

Yes

You seem surprised. I've never used them and I see them everywhere. I don't know what they're for. There's no need for the look.
Test Subject
#7912 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 10:26 AM
I feel like I'm going insane...

I distinctly remember there existing a parking space for community lots (White painted outline?) and being able to line them up next to each other to create parking. I checked community objects, I checked cars, I checked buydebug, but it's just.. gone. What happened to it? Did this even exist in the first place?
Alchemist
#7913 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
TS3 will benefit from being installed on an SSD, and also by having one's user game folder on one -- Documents can be redirected in its entirety at the Windows level or symlinks can be used. Some games/other programs show no benefit, TS4 happens to be one of those. The places that show marked improvement are loadups, saves, caching, and CAS and Build/Buy catalog building and display. For actual gameplay once things are going, I don't think there's much or any difference.

The threshold question though would be is this SSD also running Windows and how much space have you got to work with on either drive. Both Windows and the game need a fair amount of free space to maneuver properly, so a 128 GB or smaller SSD is not going to cut it. A 256 GB might, but over time you'll likely be forever shuffling things like content and saved games around to other drives to keep enough free space.

Main hard drive has 164 GB free space of 222 GB. Windows is installed on this drive as is my game at the moment. My game as it stands takes up 25 GB of the 222. I'm still removing pre-installed junk / bloatware that came with the system as it isn't a custom build, so Windows will have more space although probably not a whole lot more when I'm done. SSD has nothing installed on it and has 931 GB. The only program the SSD is going to have to share space with is Photoshop which comes to around a gig if I were to combine both Adobe folders.

I'll be moving my game before the day is over. Many thanks for the input.
Lab Assistant
#7914 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 4:53 PM Last edited by Deshong : 16th Aug 2018 at 5:03 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackjackGabbiani
You seem surprised. I've never used them and I see them everywhere. I don't know what they're for. There's no need for the look.

There are different reasons why some may use pose player/poses. For me, it's nice to hang up photos of in-game screenshots in the Sim's homes even though it's through a program/mod. Sometimes I just like taking screenshots other than just gameplay even though I never fail to find something to capture that's interesting.

Lately I've been very much into creating different outfits for a Sims wardrobe's or to get a visual idea of what certain makeup colors look like, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylaaab

I distinctly remember there existing a parking space for community lots (White painted outline?) and being able to line them up next to each other to create parking. I checked community objects, I checked cars, I checked buydebug, but it's just.. gone. What happened to it? Did this even exist in the first place?

Do you have UL installed? I think that is the EP it comes from.

=======

I have a question now. What happened to the game guides and some of the other useful information about TS3 over at SimsVIP? Nevermind, I guess. Maybe the main link just is not working or something.
Site Helper
#7915 Old Yesterday at 4:37 AM
There is a floor tile set that I've had forever which is in the Miscellaneous section. It doesn't exactly advertise that you can use it for parking spaces, but it's black with a white line and comes with intersection and corner pieces. I forgot the name of it, but I think it was something like "bordered tile." If you rotate it to make the sides, and use the intersection and corner pieces in the right spots, you can make white lined parking spaces with it.

(And pose packs are also good for freezing one or more sims in place while leaving free will on. Just remember to either freeze motives as well or to pay attention so they don't starve while frozen. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#7916 Old Yesterday at 7:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylaaab

Are you sure that you're not remembering this old TS2 mod?
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=330492
Test Subject
#7917 Old Today at 2:35 AM
As for the TS2 mod, I'm sure it wasn't that.

It might just be that it came with UL, since I had it up until four years ago and decided it was my least favorite EP, and had a lot of pointless things, or things I didn't use much (social groups especially), though admittedly some positives, that I'd rather have the higher settings and less lag in exchange for.

Ahah, just the fact that I haven't used the parking spaces in four whole years is surprising enough (I hadn't realized it was that long). Thanks though, that would've driven me crazy not knowing.
Forum Resident
#7918 Old Today at 5:43 AM
So I was seeing a little bit of lag in my game. Too many Sims... so I went into Master Controller and did a total annihilation of half the population.
Oh muh gawd... I'm Thanos.
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Alchemist
#7919 Old Today at 3:24 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : Today at 3:36 PM.
Ugh! For the love of sims! rubs temples

Could somebody please explain to me how burglaries work? I'm so done with them. Every time I play the Babilon / Wilson household, there is a attempted robbery at least once every other sim day, although I had one day last week where there was 3 attempts in a single sim day.

If robberies are linked to what a household owns, the only things worth anything of any significant value is a Subaru WRX, the piano and paintings that are all over the house. Neither of the sims themselves are rich, although both of them do have beefy savings accounts. I also have SP Meanies installed if that means anything. I don't know if that is contributing to this problem or not. I would think if it did, it would affect all households. not just one.
Page 317 of 317