Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 4:40 PM
Entire sentences in all caps with flaming exclamation marks (as the OP was before she kindly edited it) = shouting.

The reason cases exist is that they make it easier to read blocks of text. Blocks of capitals are as difficult to read as blocks of lower case. And you can italicize just fine in html, which is the proper way to do emphasis; or if, like me, you're using the "post quick reply" box, you can follow the convention of *setting off the emphasized portion in italics* or at most capitalizing SINGLE words.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Site Helper
#27 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaurellKH
The exclamation is not a shout button. It is to mean emphasis on a matter. As well as TYPING IN ALL CAPS is to mean I am to emphasis this. [...] Maybe you should turn down the sound in your imagination.
Or... maybe people should follow the site rules, which clearly say not to type that way.
Quote:
8. Type Intelligently: Please don't post in ALL CAPS LOCK or Like A Headline,
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lolal
i did like the mod i still have it

Oh okay, I thought you said you preferred game time, which is fine, lots of people do. I'm a bit confused by what you said before.

Also someone disagrees if I ask a question? Go take a chill pill whoever you are.

Quote: Originally posted by LaurellKH
The exclamation is not a shout button. It is to mean emphasis on a matter. As well as TYPING IN ALL CAPS is to mean I am to emphasis this. Sometimes you can bold instead of all cap but that is to say "stand out and look at me" more then "I emphasize these words."

On the internet an All caps sentence is considered shouting in most areas. It's not just an American thing either as I am not American. Bolding or underlining is better for emphases unless it's one word in the middle of a sentence. One word in the middle of a sentence could be caps for emphasis. I think bolding is better though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#29 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 9:37 PM
The community lot time thing weirded me out when I first played. I was like, "Wait, she just went on a date, so why is it still morning here?"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 1:16 AM
mine too lol finally i just decided to stick wih it

lolal
Page 2 of 2