Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 1:28 AM
Default Ideas for frontier "enemies"
I am currently setting up a new TS2 neighborhood, intended to be a frontier town, one carved out of the wilderness. I would like my pioneers to be in mortal peril. The ideal thing would to have a mod that makes wolves common, makes them attack human Sims, and can lead to death. I doubt such a thing exists. My failsafe is to have zombies attack -- I have the "Fight Club" and eat-brains mods -- but since this is 'the wilderness', there shouldn't be any zombies. Although I have the serious sickness mod, the one that kills Sims within a couple of days of their becoming ill, I want to have actual Enemies to run from - or shoot, as the case may be. Any ideas?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 2:33 AM
You could always make Natives for your pioneers to fight. Either play with the Natives or just make them and turn them into townies. When one walks onto the lot, roll a die to see if a fight will happen, and if so, which person will die/be injured/captured. If you decide to play Natives, then you would be able to play both sides and if a sim is captured from either side, you could move the captured sim in with the opposing side and perhaps give them chances to escape, or even fall in love with one of their captors. You could also make outlaws as townies and they could come to 'rob' your sims, possibly killing them in the process.

Or, when I a wolf comes on the lot, roll a die to see if a sim is 'attacked' and if so, if the sim is injured or dies from the attack. Of course, you can't shoot the wolves, but still....

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Field Researcher
#3 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 2:39 AM
I agree with Rose, if you're not trying to replicate the real-life frontier through the Sims, you could use a set of Supernaturals as native Sims. Aliens could have landed there before your pioneers arrived and set up their own colonies. Plantsims may have been long-time residents in the forests. Witches and Wizards might have their secret coven out there and send out their Zombie minions to attack? Or all three, with some of them welcoming the new settlers, some hostile, and some in-between. So your Sim would have to fight a hostile Zombie, give up some of their possessions to the ambivalent Aliens to placate them, or have a peaceful meal to befriend some Plantsims who might help you tend your crops sometimes. You could get a pretty interesting story going there.

Don't neglect things like the weather/seasons (drought, blizzards, flooding), fires, and swarms of locusts, either! : D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 2:45 AM
I would take Roseblossom90's idea, which is a great idea btw., and change it up a little. As soon as a townie walks onto the lot I would use gussy up a plug in to the pie menu by Christianlov and make them over to look like natives (I have done that in one hood) Then I would set them as enemies to your pioneers with the simblender, greet them and sit back and watch rather than rolling a die for that part. If they fight I would determine the outcome by who wins and roll a die for that. Are they injured, captured or killed? With the wolves I would add a roll to say they were shot at and scared off. Wolves are most likely not to fight if a person is shooting a gun so I would make that more likely to happen than injured or killed. Maybe at some point a pioneer learns to tame an injured wolf (adopt it in) I'm currently trying to breed wolf puppies in my test of Time challenge.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#5 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Then I would set them as enemies to your pioneers with the simblender, greet them and sit back and watch rather than rolling a die for that part.

I never thought of doing it that way....I may have to steal that idea. Give my dice a break. Thanks!

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Mad Poster
#6 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 11:33 PM
Well, if you want a "creature" going around killing people, there's the vampire mods, here on MTS, that allows vampires to kill sims.