Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 7:47 PM
Default If There Was A Sim Store, Would You Shop?
So pretend I open a Sim store where all things Sim could be bought, from any Sim version, and all the custom stuff available, would you shop at my store? What would you buy? A hair cut and a makeover? A new kitchen from some great designer? A 50's deco house right out of Sim2? That lovely orange jacket with big ugly boots? I think it would be COOL to have a Sim convention, where everyone showed up AS A SIM, and could take a picture in a Sim "set". I would dress like an old Bella Goth, in her stupid living room.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 7:57 PM
I think that would be cool. But Heaven knows I don't need yet another Sim thing to bore my husband with. LOL

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 8:14 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 9th Oct 2013 at 8:56 PM.
Hmmm.... Interesting! :D

I would like to get myself a few things from your store, but I'm not sure what. I'd like a Plumb bob key chain.

Oh, and if you're selling clothes too, then I'd like to see clothes from the H&M stuff pack, some outfits look great.

As for the convention, I'm not sure who I would dress up as... Hmmm...

All in all, I'm all for the idea! :D
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 11:00 PM
EA Already Made One. The Version For The Sims 2 Was Shut Down 2 Years Ago. The Sims 3 Version Is Still Going.
Inventor
#5 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NissanGTRFan
Ea Already Made One. The Version For The Sims 2 Was Shut Down 2 Years Ago. The Sims 3 Version Is Still Going.

Not an online store, but an actual, physical, walk-in, "Hello, Welcome to <insert store name here>!"
Also, you're breaking the rules. Again. Please stop typing like that.

As for the OP, I would love to shop there! Maybe buy a keychain or three, some shirts, and a plumbob plush. I don't know if one exists, but maybe even a giant plumbob halo that goes on your head. Halloween is just around the corner.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 11:12 PM
I don't think I would, mainly because I don't like stores. Or going out in public. Or people. Plus I can probably find stuff like that for sale online, anyway.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 12:02 AM
Yes! I would shop there. It would be lovely to be able to furnish, decorate, paint and wallpaper my RL home SIms2 style. Oh, and my great grandbabies would enjoy the play table and out door play equipment.

I would love to go to a fancy dress ball as Mrs. Crumplebotton - first I will need to learn to knit while walking around looking for some one who deserves a sound lashing with my handbag!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 12:30 AM
You could go in a group with Don, Nina, Dina, etc. I'm sure they could provide you with plenty of handbag-lashing possibilities.

I hate shopping (except fabric and book stores) so you couldn't count on me as a customer.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 12:55 AM
Does your store sell RL money trees?
Scholar
#10 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 1:27 AM
Ooh that's an interesting idea! I would be interested, but like Fivey and Peni, I don't enjoy going shopping anymore (I loved it when I was a teenager!). I much prefer shopping online. So if you could have an online shop aswell, I would be a customer! I would buy a sims house, they're much cheaper than houses round here! I would also buy one of those Hunka cars, and some pretty clothes! I'm assuming you would sell trashy romance novels and gossip magazines about our favourite sims, I would definitely buy those! I'd have a plumbob keyring aswell. Ooh and I'd buy my frog teddies that I've downloaded, I love frogs!

I would probably come to your sims convention though, that sounds like fun, especially if you were serving drinks (to help with the nerves!). Hmm you've taken Bella Goth though, so I might have to come as Dina Caliente!
Theorist
#11 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 1:35 AM
Fivey sounds like my twin! A friend once told me I was 1 step away from buying a sack of cats and nailing the door shut. I also don't answer the phone or knocking at the door. I would go into a Sims store if townies/downtownies & npcs are banned.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Does your store sell RL money trees?

HAHA! And not counterfit machines or "do it yourself face surgery"!

I was expecting someone to say there IS a SIMS convention. Hay, there are comic and Star Treck conventions...how can there be no SIM convention! Hubby and I go to Con-Con and Mufon conventions: UFO's, paranormal, conspiracy,etc. I can just people walking around in costume (and "in character") like a Trecky convention, and the Sims displays: from plumb-bob jewelry to clothes, to a "free makeover" chair where you would get a "woops" makeover, to lectures by creators, and those other people we all "know"... to "used stuff packs" and oh my. Personally, I would love to see furniture, but who would MAKE it? And on-line shopping...but someone would have to get manufacturing going, and the on-line tec stuff - none of which I KNOW ANYTHING about.

Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 5:51 PM
I wonder if the store would have a side real estate business? I would love to have the Goth house built from Sims 1, though I could do without the graveyard! :P
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 11:27 PM
sim store and a convention to boot---count me in. I would love some llama gear--a stuffed llama--don't wake the llama game or even better--myshunoo (spelling???) game. I think it would be loads of fun, for the convention --- llama mascot
#15 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 11:37 PM
I would LOVEEE to get a plumbob halo, if not a plush or keychain. And a custom-made TS2 shirt, like the blue one with the face and the plumbob hanging over it. Lol idk. And I'd probably be wearing the plumbob halo to the Sims convention as well, haha.

P.S. Will the store also be selling the actual games and stuff? I could buy TS4 there!

P.S.S. Also, for the Sims convention, I'd just pretend I'm some random townie and walk around. Lol. (Man, I could do that for Halloween!)
#16 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 11:56 PM
Drop me off in the housewares and furniture department and you won't see me ever again. Then again I'm like that in any store I go in now. It's a horrible disease when you're looking at a peach peeler and weighing to get it and you don't even eat peaches that don't come out of a can.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 2:26 AM
I'd get the "Angry Plumbbob" shirt for sure.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Banned
#18 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 2:53 AM
I will probably just do some window-shopping and playing with the cool gadgets inside the store before leaving and walking away.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 4:48 AM
Wouldn't it be funny to go to the convention and do what the Sims do? Be a hyper mascot, farting at people! Try to hug everyone hello; talk and gesture like a Sim. Do that college secret-hand shake that looks like the Chicken Dance. Geeze. We really DO need a convention! You guys are giving me so many ideas! Contests for looking like the characters. And the smussle contest!

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 5:59 AM
I would attend the heck out of that convention!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 8:40 AM
I'd buy the asian fusion kimono outfit, preferably withe the boots edit that another simmer (I think Kale) made. Also, if a plumbob plush existed, I'd get that too.

As for the convention, could I go as the pack leader? It'd be awesome to have glowing eyes.

My LJ / My Simblr
Formerly known as ShadowsMystery