Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 10:30 AM Last edited by onyxmoon000 : 3rd Nov 2013 at 11:49 AM.
How to modify environment levels on decoration? (SIMS 2)
Hello! So in the Sims 2 there are a couple of paintings, posters or statues that are really pretty that I want in my sims home that are already pre loaded but only have like environment level 1 which offers absolutely no environment needs. Is there any way I can modify pre loaded objects and change that level 1 from a level 10 or more? Please let me know what I need to download and how to modify that number! Thanks!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 1:11 PM
I believe you could change that in SimPE or other package editor, but I'm not sure how or if that is actually possible.
Inventor
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by onyxmoon000
Hello! So in the Sims 2 there are a couple of paintings, posters or statues that are really pretty that I want in my sims home that are already pre loaded but only have like environment level 1 which offers absolutely no environment needs. Is there any way I can modify pre loaded objects and change that level 1 from a level 10 or more? Please let me know what I need to download and how to modify that number! Thanks!

Possibly it won't do you any good. After all these years of playing Sims, Im still not sure what sort of thing raises environment score. My sim doesn't like her living room? I put in four or five 10-point items, then watch her environment bar. Quite often, it does not move at all. Perhaps sims appreciate quantity rather than quality? I've noticed they don't like big empty rooms. They like lots of furniture, curtains and carpets. I'm still experimenting.
Inventor
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 4:45 PM
Do you use OMSPs? (One More Slot Packages). I started using these to help boost environment scores. There aren't nearly enough medieval things to decorate my lots with high environment scores. So, if I really like something that has low environment, I just use an OMSP to add other high environment stuff around/near it. Then I make the OMSP invisible.

Another thing I like is using empty shelves, especially with multiple empty slots. I try to add these in the family areas, common areas of community lots, etc. I watch my sims move about from room to room, especially when they first move or have just re-decorated. For most areas, I just want the environment score at least half. But if my sims spend a lot of time in the area, I try to get higher environment scores using shelves and stuff to add more stuff to the room. For instance, in my houses with more than one bathroom, I leave a plain bathroom for the guests. In the nicer bathroom I direct my sims to, I'll add shelves with a bunch of plants, hanging plants, and other decor.

My sims prefer to dine by the windows, but that isn't always possible, especially for poor sims. To boost the environment score, I add hanging decor near the dining table and wall decor with higher environment score on the nearest walls.

Also, cheap floors and walls will decrease the environment score. And one of the less expensive wood floors I really liked when I first began playing had a glitch that tanked the environment score.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by music2ologist
Possibly it won't do you any good. After all these years of playing Sims, Im still not sure what sort of thing raises environment score. My sim doesn't like her living room? I put in four or five 10-point items, then watch her environment bar. Quite often, it does not move at all. Perhaps sims appreciate quantity rather than quality? I've noticed they don't like big empty rooms. They like lots of furniture, curtains and carpets. I'm still experimenting.

Me too. I've also found that certain sims seem to have colour preferences (or at least that's how I interpret their behaviour), as I'll sometimes decorate a room predominately in one colour and one sim will like it (high enviro score) and another will hate it.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 2:48 PM
When I first started playing, Garry Mackay impoverished himself buying the dearest furniture he could afford. (Garry prided himself on never using money cheats. Very unusual in my early game. Now he's got elected to the Council, presumably on an anti-corruption ticket.)

Eventually I realised that his low environmental score was due to his blocked toilet and piles of unwashed dishes!

I believe it also helps to actually view the paintings and vases, and not just have them in the room.
Beautiful Dinosaur
#7 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 6:39 PM
Odd shaped rooms can decrease the overall environment score too - I have built a couple of funky shaped rooms (diagonal bits here & there) and my sims just hate it, straightening them out a little helped hugely.

Who knows where thoughts come from....? They just appear.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 9:32 PM
Guys the op wanted to know how to modify the environment score on the objects in simpe, that is take a chair with a score of 1 and mod it to give it a score of 10. Of course they did ask in the wrong place.

OP, this is sims 2 discussion, not modding help. Object Modding is here: https://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=539

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Nov 2013 at 6:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Guys the op wanted to know how to modify the environment score on the objects in simpe, that is take a chair with a score of 1 and mod it to give it a score of 10. Of course they did ask in the wrong place.

OP, this is sims 2 discussion, not modding help. Object Modding is here: https://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=539

Thank you! You know exactly what I needed to know haha. Gotta love the irrelevant answers