Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 1:55 PM
Default Absolutely No Stealth Subhoods?
I'm starting a new neighborhood, and I want it to have as little Sims as possible. I already have anti redundancy mods and I'm planning to not associate any subhoods to it.

Is it safe if I take out stealth subhoods from FT, P, SSN, BV and AL program files and create my custom neighborhood?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 1:57 PM
Yes. You can do it using AGS, or through the method described here:
http://meetme2theriver.livejournal....4.html#comments

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 2:10 PM
Do remember that if you do that, you won't have any secret hobby lots or secret lots for witches. Youj might want to use Jawusa's empty stealth 'hood replacements instead, which were just recently posted in the Downloads section (behind the sixty billion clothes meshes by Cenor).

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 2:23 PM
What are the advantages of using Tarla's versions of the subhoods I know she did a lot of cleaning in the main hoods, but are the default stealth hoods also very buggy?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 2:37 PM
Does anyone know if a sim can still become a witch (using something like treeag's sim transformer or the batbox) and, also, can a sim maximise hobby enthusiasm without the FT and AL stealth hoods?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 2:58 PM
@DJ. Here you go right here on MTS for the "NOW" best ones to get. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=520751

@miriamnz yes you still can on both.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
@DJ. Here you go right here on MTS for the "NOW" best ones to get. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=520751

@miriamnz yes you still can on both.

Thanks. :-) . Sorry if it was an obvious question, but when anything seems to corrupt the game, it seems worth asking. My sims hardly ever visit the hobby or witchy lots anymore, nor do they fraternize with the hobby or witchy folk. So there seems little need for me to actually have those subhoods.
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 4:16 PM
Thank you all. And, can someone confirm that if I have notownieregen, I will get absolutely no townies at all with my game (I'm creating the hood using in-game Create Custom Neighborhood)? Or do I need to download some extra mods in order to prevent creating extra Sims?

(If it all works out well, it's going to be the smallest hood I've ever played! Many fun, very experience)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 4:27 PM
You also need an empty Pleasantview template, as the game automatically adds all Pleasantview townies to new 'hoods. With empty pleasantview templates, optional empty non-stealth subhoods (if you plan to add subhoods to your 'hood), and notownieregen, the only non-playables you'll get are the garden club member and those that you generate by e.g. calling for pizza. You might also need a no-Rod-Humble mod.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Theorist
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 5:11 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention, I do have anti redundancy. I actually downloaded every mod there is of anti redundancy type, but I decided not to mention them, because I am not about to create any subhoods to my neighborhood. So yes, notownieregen + antiredundancy. + No Rod Humble. (+ Pescado's Phone hack, for the dumb boss NPC!)

As for the empty Pleasantview template - Nysha, thank you for that info! It's good to know that the game adds townies from Pleasantview to other hoods. Sneaky Eaxis.
Am I obligated to download empty Pleasantview template, or can I simply remove the N001 from game's program files?

Oh, one more thing. How many drivers does the game create? I'm positive there's going to be at least one - the one that drives the first ever created family to their home in taxi. Is a single driver connected to a vehicle, to a type of vehicle, or are they spawned completely on random? (Or am I safe if I have anti redundancy?)

Miriamnz, I believe the game will pull townies from Programs\TS2\TSData\UserData\Neighborhood (or TSData\NeighborhoodTemplate. I might be wrong, I'm not currently on my computer so IDK). So, there's no need to only run Pleasantviews as every neighborhood.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miriamnz
Pleasantviews' as every neighbourhood - oh the horror!

Have something against Pleasantview, out of curiosity?
Undead Molten Llama
#12 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
As for the empty Pleasantview template - Nysha, thank you for that info! It's good to know that the game adds townies from Pleasantview to other hoods. Sneaky Eaxis.
Am I obligated to download empty Pleasantview template, or can I simply remove the N001 from game's program files?

You need the empty template. The first thing I do when I install the game or create a new user account to play the game on is delete all of the premade neighborhoods. I still get the Pleasantview townies in all custom neighborhoods unless I install an empty Pleasantview template...even though Pleasantview doesn't exist in my game. So, obviously the template lurks somewhere other than than the Neighborhood folder. I used to have an empty Pleasantview a few years back so that I could make or generate different townies, but on this computer I haven't gotten tired of the Pleasantview townies yet.

Quote:
Oh, one more thing. How many drivers does the game create? I'm positive there's going to be at least one - the one that drives the first ever created family to their home in taxi. Is a single driver connected to a vehicle, to a type of vehicle, or are they spawned completely on random? (Or am I safe if I have anti redundancy?)

I believe (but don't quote me) that there's only one, and that he/she drives all of the carpool vehicles, taxis, school buses, etc. He/she is a busy bunch of pixels!

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Theorist
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 6:26 PM
Bnefriends - I don't think they meant they have something against Pleasantview - it's just, it'd be horrible if we were forced to play Pleasantview ('s empty template) if we don't want Pleasantview townies roaming around our neighborhood(s).

iCad, when you said you always delete all premade neighborhoods - if you do it in-game or by deleting Documents\TS2, that's not what I meant. I'm saying if we deleted Program Files\TS2\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplates (or TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods, not sure).

Can someone confirm that only one driver is created per neighborhood with anti redundancy hacks?
Mad Poster
#14 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bnefriends
Have something against Pleasantview, out of curiosity?

Getting and installing a clean and empty Pleasantview means that no other hood that you make after installing will get the Pleasantview townies or NPC and the game will make new ones when they are needed.

@DJ.
Quote:
Can someone confirm that only one driver is created per neighborhood with anti redundancy hacks?

That's the way it suppose to work but I have not tested it out.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Undead Molten Llama
#15 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 6:33 PM
Oh, you're right DJ; I don't delete from the install files, only from the Documents files. My bad. But I'm guessing it's probably not good to just delete the install file template because there's probably other stuff the game needs in it. I'm going to guess that replacing a better option.

And I'm 95% sure there's only one driver per neighborhood. For whatever reason, I've always looked at the driver of the various vehicles and it's always the same one. But someone should probably confirm that because it also might have something to do with the way my game is configured. I've tweaked many things over the years and I don't always remember what I've done or remember what is normal vanilla behavior and what's just normal to me because of my mod cocktail.

Oh, ETA: I don't have ANY anti-regen or anti-redundancy mods. I like townies and want as many as possible. (Yes, I'm strange that way. ) And I still only have one driver. I'm not sure that the driver in vacation subhoods for tour vehicles is the same, though. I've never looked. Hmmmmm....

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Theorist
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 11:03 PM
Alright, so I prepared all my anti redundancy hacks (and misc. hacks and CC), empty Pleasantview, Hobbies and Magic neighborhoods and fired up my game. I created 7 Sims in one household, moved them in, exited without saving. So far, only 7 files in Docs\TS2\Nhoods\N001\Characters.

I'll do more extensive testing tomorrow (adding townies myself, seeing if the drivers spawn like crazy or not).
Theorist
#17 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by miriamnz
If a player has notownieregeneration, are the other "no respawn" mods superfluous then?

No, because the other respawn mods are directly tied to specific types of subhoods. If you add a college/uni, you will get ~50 dormies unless you have nodormieregen. If you add a downtown, you will get a few (I don't remember how many... ~20?) downtownies unless you hove nodowntownieregen. And if you add a secret society to your college, the game will make ~1-3 new members every time you make a member playable unless you have nossregen.

I think I have those names right. Anyway, they all stop different bits of code, stored in different places, that all have the same effect of overcrowding your 'hood.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 7:45 AM
Well, the anti redundancy hacks I have are; antiredundancy, notownieregen, nostrayrespawn, norodhumble+buyablecomp, onlyoneprofessorpermajor, phonefix+noboss, nodormieregen, nodowntownieregen, nossrespawn (secret society).
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 8:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
No, because the other respawn mods are directly tied to specific types of subhoods. If you add a college/uni, you will get ~50 dormies unless you have nodormieregen. If you add a downtown, you will get a few (I don't remember how many... ~20?) downtownies unless you hove nodowntownieregen. And if you add a secret society to your college, the game will make ~1-3 new members every time you make a member playable unless you have nossregen.

I think I have those names right. Anyway, they all stop different bits of code, stored in different places, that all have the same effect of overcrowding your 'hood.

Thanks .