Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#51 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
Did you happen to see my post in the downloads thread...

I'm working on it as we speak. I already added all the requested classes. I just have to finish and test the stuff that's necessary to support modular objects, i.e. objects that already use the IBuildBuyListener interface. Give me another hour at the most.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 8:50 PM
Too bad for the picnic basket
Here is the translation
Attached files:
File Type: txt  VanishingStrings FRENCH.txt (1.4 KB, 18 downloads)
Original Poster
#53 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 9:40 PM Last edited by Buzzler : 12th Jun 2010 at 10:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by babboo
Too bad for the picnic basket
Never trust my initial response.

Quote:
Here is the translation
Thanks again.
ETA: I capitalized the interaction names. I assume the original interactions names are all capitalized in French too. Also you wrote "de ce terrain" once. Since it's a been a long time since I last spoke French, I forgot most of it and only understand a little now. Yet "sur ce terrain", what you wrote the other times, sounds more suitable to me. I'll change it to "sur ce terrain" if you don't mind.

Alchemist
#54 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 10:52 PM
Thanks again for making the script. I just finished some OMSP's using it And thanks also for adding that object to the script package
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
I'll change it to "sur ce terrain" if you don't mind.

both work, so I don't mind
Field Researcher
#56 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 11:18 PM
Did you buy the mirrors just before looking for the interactions by any chance?

Yes, that's probably what happened. I'll check again by reloading.
Also, I was going to propose translation in French, but I see it's already done, so, good .
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 10:12 AM
I think I've found a mod that conflicts with this; ChaosMageX's Chaos Mod painting>http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=356513...It seems that it sort of 'overrides' the vanishing script mod, because when I start my game with both vanishing script mod and ChaosMageX's mod installed, the 'invisibility' menu won't appear. However, it could just be my game going crazy, because I can't be the only one with this mod...and I seem to be the only one with this problem.

P.S My game version is 4.0, and I'm also including translation.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Translation_Korean.txt (1.3 KB, 10 downloads)
Original Poster
#58 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 10:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims_reality
I think I've found a mod that conflicts with this; ChaosMageX's Chaos Mod painting{...}P.S My game version is 4.0, and I'm also including translation.
Thanks for the translation.

The ChaosMod painting has not yet been updated to be compatible with the 1.12/2.7/3.3/4.0 code base. That's the only reason I can think of. For scripting mods to conflict there would have to be namespace or instance conflicts. Both are equally unlikely, and there aren't any. I just checked it just to make sure.

I'm suprised that the game will even load with an outdated mod such as that. Even a couple of my small mods caused the game to stall on loading a savegame, and the ChaosMod isn't small.

Lab Assistant
#59 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 11:00 AM
Thanks for the translation.

The ChaosMod painting has not yet been updated to be compatible with the 1.12/2.7/3.3/4.0 code base. That's the only reason I can think of. For scripting mods to conflict there would have to be namespace or instance conflicts. Both are equally unlikely, and there aren't any. I just checked it just to make sure.

I'm suprised that the game will even load with an outdated mod such as that. Even a couple of my small mods caused the game to stall on loading a savegame, and the ChaosMod isn't small.

Oh...ok...I guess I'll just delete it...........it's a bit sad, because ChaosMageX's painting carries some really nice features...
Original Poster
#60 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 11:22 AM Last edited by Buzzler : 8th Nov 2010 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Going through old posts, removing outdated/borked scripts/objects.
Oh...ok...I guess I'll just delete it...........it's a bit sad, because ChaosMageX's painting carries some really nice features...

Well, I think it's a tad too soon to consider it abandoned.

Can you do me a favor? Or two? Can you test the linked package if the Korean translation shows up correctly? I don't have support for Asian characters installed right now, and even if I had, it's pretty much impossible to tell if I accidently messed up the character set. BTW: You didn't translate the menu name ("Invisibility" - I forgot to delete the "TESTING".). Is that on purpose?
And since you have Ambitions, can you look for the class name of the consignement cash register using the little mod I posted here? TIA

Alchemist
#61 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 11:22 AM
I checked the mirror interaction with a mirror that I already had placed in the house (just not in the same room) and it works just fine So the timing of placement thing was the issue I was having.

Also, I have the ChaosMage painting mod in my game...you can just see the painting at the corner of the picture I posted on the first page of this thread. I'm able to use both mods at the same time.
Original Poster
#62 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 11:58 AM
I checked the mirror interaction with a mirror that I already had placed in the house (just not in the same room) and it works just fine So the timing of placement thing was the issue I was having.
With the current version, it should be impossible to re-enact the issue anyway. Sorry for the confusion. Like I said, it just didn't occur to me.

Quote:
Also, I have the ChaosMage painting mod in my game...you can just see the painting at the corner of the picture I posted on the first page of this thread. I'm able to use both mods at the same time.
Yes, but your game is not fully patched, is it?

Alchemist
#63 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 12:48 PM
NP about confusion...that's what the testing part is about I guess

No, my game isn't patched at all. I posted that so people who aren't patched to the most recent patches can be sure that this issue isn't one of conflicting mods
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 6:35 PM
Can you do me a favor? Or two? Can you test the linked package if the Korean translation shows up correctly? I don't have support for Asian characters installed right now, and even if I had, it's pretty much impossible to tell if I accidently messed up the character set. BTW: You didn't translate the menu name ("Invisibility" - I forgot to delete the "TESTING".). Is that on purpose?
And since you have Ambitions, can you look for the class name of the consignement cash register using the little mod I posted here? TIA

It's Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Register.ConsignmentRegister

Oh, and sorry about the translation...I somehow missed the 'Visibility' part... I'm posting a new version. Sorry for bothering you
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Translation_Korean.txt (1.3 KB, 10 downloads)
Original Poster
#65 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 3:55 PM
I posted that so people who aren't patched to the most recent patches can be sure that this issue isn't one of conflicting mods
I may appear like quite the oblivious one, but that didn't seem necessary to me. It's damn near impossible for scripting mods to conflict.

I somehow missed the 'Visibility' part... I'm posting a new version.
All right, I've added it in the current version. I guess somebody will complain if I messed up the character set.

Lab Assistant
#66 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 1:05 AM Last edited by Shykary : 17th Jun 2010 at 2:53 AM.
Well, the translation is here. (:
Attached files:
File Type: txt  VanishingStrings_PT-BR.txt (1.5 KB, 8 downloads)
Alchemist
#67 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 1:19 AM
Well...I'm not going to say you're oblivious. I'll just say that this, "...It's damn near impossible for scripting mods to conflict...." isn't in the general fund of knowledge a lot of meshers have.

It isn't a bad thing to spell it out with a demonstration of veracity. Sorta as in, it isn't only a "works on my computer" kinda thing

What does the current version do...and did you update your page to describe the new function?
Test Subject
#68 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 4:54 AM

Interestingly enough my game stalls on loading a savegame with the PatchIndependent version of the VanishingObject Scripts in my mods folder. I'm running a WA & HELS game patched to 3.2 but not to 3.3 yet, as I don't have the time to redownload and rehack the core mod package I use at the moment. I do have a couple other script mods installed that work just fine...
Original Poster
#69 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 6:22 AM
Well...I'm not going to say you're oblivious. I'll just say that this, "...It's damn near impossible for scripting mods to conflict...." isn't in the general fund of knowledge a lot of meshers have.
Do you know any actual examples of scripting mods conflicting with each other? I'm not talking about scripting mods being incompatible to the game code due to being outdated. Of course the more the mod code "communicates" with the game code, the more dependent on the game's code base the mod becomes. But scripting mods don't even see each other, so the most they can do is "interfere" with each other's actions.

Quote:
What does the current version do...and did you update your page to describe the new function?
I just added the cheat for builders to the script and a little section about the interface to the posting. I think the whole thing is still simple and self-explanatory enough for the players to figure it out themselves.

Quote: Originally posted by fogelj256
Interestingly enough my game stalls on loading a savegame with the PatchIndependent version of the VanishingObject Scripts in my mods folder.{...}
Shit! The registers! Your game code doesn't know them, at least not the consignment register. There goes my fancy plan to have only one code for both versions. I took the registers out for now. Please redownload and tell me if it works now.

Test Subject
#70 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 6:57 AM
That fixed it, works perfectly for me now. I don't suppose there's a way to check for patch version before running the register code?

I suppose it doesn't matter in the long run though, eventually everyone will have to patch if they want the newest objects and toys in their game anyway.
Original Poster
#71 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 9:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fogelj256
I don't suppose there's a way to check for patch version before running the register code?
I don't see how that would be possible. I just support classes (classes are something like blueprints for objects), but I don't do anything with them. It's the game code that actually invokes (instantiates) objects from these classes. Obviously the fact alone that there are classes stating to inherit from non-existant classes is enough for the game code (or the .NET framework, I don't know which) to through the towel in. With good reason actually. There's no way to know if any code will try to instantiate an object from these classes that - from the game's POV - are by all means illegal. Better be safe than sorry.

I could "outsource" the patch-dependent classes to another assembly, but I don't think there's a way to create something like a "soft reference" to them, that gets only invoked after a version check.

Instructor
#72 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 1:46 AM
More translations!
Attached files:
File Type: txt  VanishingStrings_SPA_ES.txt (1.6 KB, 6 downloads)
Description: Spanish Translation
File Type: txt  VanishingStrings_SPA_MX.txt (1.6 KB, 7 downloads)
Description: Spanish (Mexico) Translation
Page 3 of 3