Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 10:57 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sims change outfits EXTREMELY slow
Something new has happened in my game. I have not downloaded any new cc before or after the problem I have occured.
When my sims change into their outfits, it doesn't matter which outfit, it could be pj's, formal, outerwear, ect, my sims take forever to change into their outfits, or they just don't change at all! I've waited literally 20 minutes for my sims to change into their outerwear before I just quit the game. I've never had this issue before and would appreciate some help!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 5:49 PM
If you have NRaas installed, use this command, it might help: Click on your Sims: Nraas: Basic: Outfits: click which outfit you want. It might help for the time being...

“Everybody shut up!”-Sherlock
Field Researcher
#3 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 6:13 PM
There is a possibility that the cache files are corrupted. Using the Dashboard, clear all caches and try again.

I also recommend to delete all 0x....package files in DCBackup. DO NOT delete the ccmerged file! (If you sort by name, the file you must NOT delete would be the last one.)

Also: Do you have Nraas Overwatch and Nraas ErrorTrap installed?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 6:23 PM
Also try pausing the game for a minute or so before the Sim tries to change their outfit. The game can take a while to load outfits up.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 12:32 AM
I usually pause for 3 - 5 seconds as a sim goes to change (and is just standing there) and then unpause. I saw that trick on MATY years ago.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#7 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 12:35 AM
I've found that running the game with a HQ mod will cause massive lag when you ask your sims to change clothes. My HQ mod is adjustable in the game settings, so nowadays I keep it set very low (1.5x) for normal gameplay.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW