Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pepoluan
"Absolutely untrue" is too strong a phrase, my friend

The more EP being installed will result in less performant game... how much less performant? Now that depends on which EP being installed...

Sometimes the performance hit will be negligible (WA), sometimes it will be significant (Seasons). But every additional EP will certainly have a performance hit, not just due to additional contents, but also due to additional code to implement additional gameplay.

I wish someone had tested how big a performance hit each EP caused over Basegame...

I can tell you it has some performance hit; my cousin has very little eps installed and I had almost all of them and her game loaded very fast, at least five minutes faster. We both didn't have any CC at the time. EPs like into the future made my game slower by at least a minute.

“Everybody shut up!”-Sherlock
Advertisement
Test Subject
#28 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 6:19 PM
Right now I'm fighting to keep pets installed because I'm enjoying it, but it's really lagging my game, even more so than story progression and supernatural. I'll probably have to get rid of it cause it keeps forcing my game to crash, and those goddamn horses aren't helping anything

I am burdened with glorious purpose.
Page 2 of 2