Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 10:58 AM
F: Film studio (SimHampton Sims On Camera XII has to be filmed somewhere, you know... ...and there has to be a mission control for it)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 9:23 PM Last edited by sashagillis : 29th Aug 2015 at 3:10 AM.
I like the idea of having theme restaurants. I want to recreate Burger Clown and Hedman's Hideaway (seafood) from Sims 1. There was also a restaurant called Wrensday's that I imagine like a TGI Friday's kind of place; Landgraab Mall; and of course, Crumplebottom Memorial Park named for the late Robert C. Crumplebottom, famed philanthropist and puppeteer. At least one of my neighborhoods needs that.

And what about places from TS3? If that's set in the future, it would make sense that at least some of those places/businesses would be in our current neighborhoods. Like Old Town Cemetery for example.

I am planning to create a sandwich shop selling only lunch meat sandwiches and grilled cheese. And maybe some gelatin for dessert.

Firework Stand - would have to be run by a playable in order for sims to actually be able to buy fireworks (Are fireworks even available for community lots?)

Buffet - put out buffet tables and have sims serve themselves

Ballet Studio

Community College - a place sims can go to use crafting objects (I like the idea of also having the cash register here that they can practice on; made by Numenor - I think)

Sports Park/Stadium - this could even be in conjunction with the community college

Carnival/Fair Grounds - could use CC items (I have a fortune teller booth) as well as create a mirror (sort of like a fun house) and/or hedge maze; food/dance contests; some games; hot air balloon rides if you have the lovely rideable hot air balloons from Parsimonious K8; also Crisps & Kerosene on Tumblr has some beautiful items converted from TS3. I have her popcorn & cotton candy machines and yes they really dispense popcorn and cotton candy! Maybe the logroll or axe throwing? There could be a place for a band to play. Veranka has some wonderful stage items on her Tumblr. Maybe a playground area. The Electro Dance Sphere. An arcade.

Beach Boardwalk

Jewelry Shop

I want to create a Bath & Body Works type shop selling CC bathroom deco items & candles

Potion Shop selling witch supplies and/or the CC potions (usable) from Parsimonious Sims

I have set up an architecture firm (called Cappstone since it's owned by Consort Capp) where he sells drawings & blueprints that he creates on the drafting table

Surf Shop selling deco surf boards, t-shirts (clothing racks), posters

Model Railroad Supply Co - a place where sims can play with the model railroad (I never seem to have enough space for it on residential lots) as well as buy CC deco model trains (I have a shop set up like this in my Belladonna Cove Micro Mall (from the lots & houses bin - currently unowned)

I really like the pet cemetery idea as listed above for those of you with Pets

Flea Market where you sell items just from digging

Hookah Bar - using the bubble blower

I have a whole long list of business/community lot ideas at home but this is what I could remember off the top of my head (I'm not at home).

EDIT: Tai Chi Dojo - I have a vase that I downloaded (I think from here at MTS) that "calls" the sims to do Tai Chi. You just have to be careful not to put much else on the lot for them to do so that the sims can "hear" the "call" of the Tai Chi vase. #advertising

Also, we always have salons but I think we need a barbershop.

Sushi Bar? I have downloaded a sushi bar that I hope they can actually eat sushi from. If so, I plan to have a little sushi bar.

Shoe store selling CC deco shoes
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 9:40 PM Last edited by sashagillis : 29th Aug 2015 at 3:16 AM.
[QUOTE=lil_princess_of_evil]I like to make a building for all of my sims to "work" at.

Science - a laboratory or observatory

I want to have an observatory but how are you able to get telescopes on community lots?

EDIT: I swear when I was on here earlier this was not a double post! WTH?
Mad Poster
#54 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 9:42 PM
Sasha, make the lot as residential, then use the changelotzoning cheat to make it community after you've added everything you want from the residential catalog to it.

You'll then need a hack to make the telescope work right on a community lot.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#55 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 9:51 PM
Didn't read all the replies. I might've included some that lean towards residentials.

Abandoned hunting lodge(s)
Courthouse
Daycare center
Headquarters of a TV channel
Junkyard with cleaning and disposal services
Large, woods-like park with a creek
Swampy nature reserve with a guest house
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Sasha, make the lot as residential, then use the changelotzoning cheat to make it community after you've added everything you want from the residential catalog to it.

You'll then need a hack to make the telescope work right on a community lot.

Thank you, Peni! I will look into that hack when I am ready to build my observatory!
Mad Poster
#57 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 4:26 PM
With Plumbbob Keep's winery, you can ... well ... open a vineyard with a small store.

W - Winery

The chickens, ducks and geese on that site also lend themselves to a poultry farm. Sell some prepared poultry dishes (such as soup or turkey) in your refrigerated case as well. The creator, Sunni, has indicated these birds are NOT NPCs, so no worries there. But as always, back up your game before testing anything you're not sure about. Always.

P- Poultry farm.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 4:35 PM
I see Nursery on the list but not Christmas Tree Farm, might make a nice seasonal business.

C - Christmas Tree Farm
Theorist
#59 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 10:57 PM
Scholar
#60 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 10:50 AM
I've been trying to find this!

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Link Ninja
#61 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 7:01 PM
Maybe this could be stickied? It has a wealth of business and community lot ideas. Just a suggestion.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#62 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 4:17 PM
Basket/Wicker Store (Plumb Bob Keep)
Lecture/Motivational Hall. A good place for Sim Scout meetings as well, if you put items children can use for crafting. Some uniforms here: http://deedee-sims.tumblr.com/post/...cu-requested-by

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#63 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 5:44 PM
A job finding service centre - in my hood run by the town council, for the jobless Sims - there are computers, a library to skill and a playground (of course you can get them jobs very quickly in other ways, but they still get fired at times, and then I send them here) - it has a kitchen so that they can make themselves sandwiches too (no stove, but a fridge - this is welfare after all )
Field Researcher
#64 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 6:40 PM
Butcher's, fishmonger's and greengrocer's. shops haven't been mentioned. Now there is a hack to serve juice on community lots, you can have a working juice bar, too.
Scholar
#65 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 10:07 PM
I never did make that double post.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Page 3 of 3