Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 1:00 AM
Default Why is the ghost angry?
Hi everyone,

In my game, I used unlockcareerrewards and got the cowplant and placed it on my lawn. It eventually ate Ivy Copur, and she got a gravestone. I didn't move it, and tonight her ghost came out and she appeared to be angry. Several times, she made an aggressive arm flail and above her a thought bubble came up with one of the daughters (still a child, and the oldest of five) with a big red "X" through her. A second or two after that, she crosses her arms angrily and then it displays the family aspiration sign outlined in red in a thought bubble. As far as I know, Genevieve (the child) had no interactions with Ivy before her death. Why would Ivy be angry with her?

Just a question.

Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 1:05 AM
Is the child sleeping in the bed that used to be Ivy's? Was the child in the room when Ivy died? Did Ivy want to scare the child but have the action time out? Is the child using something that Ivy wants to haunt (perhaps the bathtub)? Any of those will do it, and there are other things that will too. Those are just the ones I've been able to identify in my own game.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 1:13 AM Last edited by HySterling : 29th Aug 2015 at 1:15 AM. Reason: ugh
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
Is the child sleeping in the bed that used to be Ivy's? Was the child in the room when Ivy died? Did Ivy want to scare the child but have the action time out? Is the child using something that Ivy wants to haunt (perhaps the bathtub)? Any of those will do it, and there are other things that will too. Those are just the ones I've been able to identify in my own game.

Ivy wasn't a member of the household when she died. In fact, I'm pretty sure that was her first time on the lot ever. She had also never been in the house, as she had passed by the plant when she was taking a morning jog(?). And since I'm mostly relying on maxmotives now because I'm the absolute worse when it comes to remembering to feed/rest/bathe my sims, they don't need to sleep. And lastly, Ivy has had several chances to enter the house, but she has never attempted to (the door is always unlocked). And I don't think that she wanted to scare her, because Genevieve has remained inside for the entirety of her haunt.

A completely unrelated (I think) question as well: When it was raining, one of the trees got hit by lightning and it got lit on fire. It's still blazing. Does this have anything to do with the ghosts...?
Theorist
#4 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 1:18 AM
Hmmmm.... Based on your second picture, it looks like Ivy was in low aspiration when she died, which often leads to the ghosts being angry at EVERYBODY on the lot, so she may not be singling out the child specifically. She hates everyone, the child is part of "everyone," therefore she hates the child.

Or it could be something else. I haven't figured out everything that makes ghosts angry

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 1:29 AM
As far as I can tell, they always display the red family icon if non-family members are living on the lot. Since Ivy didn't live there, she's obviously angry that she's not where she belongs.

I'd be pretty mad if I were offered cake and got eaten by a giant plant, too!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 1:41 AM
Quote:
Ivy wasn't a member of the household when she died. In fact, I'm pretty sure that was her first time on the lot ever. She had also never been in the house, as she had passed by the plant when she was taking a morning jog(?)

Non-controllable townies that has not been invited to your lot will never touch things on your lot other than the newspaper or kicking over the trash can.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Non-controllable townies that has not been invited to your lot will never touch things on your lot other than the newspaper or kicking over the trash can.

"Make Selectable"

I was curious.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 2:15 AM
You killed her via cow plant, pretty sure I'd be an angry ghost too.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#9 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 2:36 AM
If the child was the sim selected when Ivy died, she is angry and associating her death to the child. If a sim were at a cemetery, the ghost will give the selected controlled sim to 'be scared' more often than the other sims on lot. Sims don't always choose the correct target when they have an issue.
Ivy has anger issues. Ivy is angry because she died. Ivy can no longer pick random fights with anyone. Ivy takes the cake. (:

Question: Is attempting to take the cake an autonomous action?

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 3:08 AM
Yes it's autonomous but if selected you can also direct a sim to take it. Unless you want them to kill, cow plants are best fenced in with no gate.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#11 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HySterling
A completely unrelated (I think) question as well: When it was raining, one of the trees got hit by lightning and it got lit on fire. It's still blazing. Does this have anything to do with the ghosts...?

Breadfruit tree, right?
Has nothing to do with ghosts. It's a game bug and here's the fix: http://cyjon.net/node/422
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 11:14 PM
I'd like to know the explanation too, but I don't think it would be one that makes sense. I think that's some kind of default anger for ghosts who don't have an owned bed/whatever to haunt or whine about. I couldn't stop wondering too the first time I noticed that behaviour, in the ghosts of the House of Fallen Trees, the first time I had someone buy that house and live with those graves.
Then when I resurrected the dead, they didn't have the family aspiration at all (and the new occupant wasn't a relative anyway).

I also notice that behaviour in premade ancestors, sims who haven't really been played, like Cleopatra Capp, here, with her great-great-great-grandson in her thought bubble.
Anyway, I don't know but I don't think Ivy is really mad at Genevieve. It could very well be "be randomly mad at some sim of the household", and randomly with maxis generally means the lowest/highest instance number, or youngest sim of the family (like all those toddlers receiving genie lamps!).

I'd really like to know the true explanation though!

Edit: and yeah, poor Ivy !
Instructor
#13 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 4:59 AM
It is the Hungry Ghost Festival time...