Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 10:28 PM Last edited by Metamorp : 28th Aug 2015 at 1:39 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Question About Installing CEP Extras
Hi everyone!

I've got a question that I just can't seem to track the answer down on. I've searched around, but no results seem to exist, or perhaps I'm just looking in the wrong places.

However, I'm interested in installing some CEP Extra files. I know that these files don't go into the downloads folder, but rather the zCEPExtra folder. However, two of those folders technically exist, one in My Documents and the other within your drive (...Base/TSData/Res/Catalog).

When I'm installing CEP Extra files, do they get copied into both folders, or does it depend on the item? For example, this is an item I'm looking to install: Here
Thank you all for your help!

Check out my building creations!
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 11:19 PM
Which version of Windows are you talking about?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Which version of Windows are you talking about?

@maxon I'm using Windows 7 currently.

Theorist
#4 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 4:24 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 30th Aug 2015 at 11:47 PM.
Well, I deleted my previous post, yesterday, because I had misread your OP.

So, you've got CEP installed, right?
Seems to me that HL's instructions for the fireplace fix is to just put the file into the zCEPEXTRA folder in your My Documents filepath. I think if he meant the other folder he would have explicitly said so.
We could always summon him to get his input, using my magical summoning powers: @HugeLunatic
(He's probably going to ignore that.)

I myself would also be interested to know whether the fireplace fix will show up as CC in the Sims2Pack file.

Also, do you have the Sims 2 Store Edition installed by any chance? That will wreak havoc with CEP, as I found out a few months ago. Since then, I've reinstalled my game, this time without the Store Edition, and everything works fine. I'm also using Win7.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
Also, do you have the Sims 2 Store Edition installed by any chance? That will wreak havoc with CEP, as I found out a few months ago. Since then, I've reinstalled my game, this time without the Store Edition, and everything works fine. I'm also using Win7.

Oh, so that's why you had those strange issues that I'd never heard of before. That Store Edition is just trouble all round.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#6 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Oh, so that's why you had those strange issues that I'd never heard of before. That Store Edition is just trouble all round.

It certainly seems to be. I don't know of any benefit to installing it. You might also be aware that EA left it out of their Ultimate Collection download, so players are not likely to miss anything by not installing it.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 9:48 PM
*poof*

You rang?

That CEP does indeed go in the Documents folder and not the Program Files folder. And it does matter which folder, typically the creator states which one. (Except me apparently.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 11:40 PM
Hurray! Thanks for your responses! Much help you've all been!