Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#76 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 9:20 PM
I stay away from tops and bottoms - as far away as I can - most of the time. Except for Uni, because my students have a basic right to look ridiculous
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Much thanks for lookin

You're welcome. I didn't reaaaally have to look for it, I've been spending so much time on Sims2Default lately that I've dug a path on internet!

I've also extracted one pair of Maxi pants and started fiddling around with the texture. Just for fun, you see... (I'm doomed.)
Theorist
#78 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Thread is up! http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=548406

I said I'd post in it when you created it, and you created it, so I posted in it!

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#79 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
Cheetah/leopard-print dress with very low collar, exposing the midriff, and boots - I still haven't figured out a way to use this outfit.

Oh, clearly that's designer fashion, meant to be worn by some actress for some awards ceremony, like the one NPR was going on about this afternoon on All Things Considered before I shut it off. (I wanted to hear what was going on in Ukraine, not celebrity nonsense!)

But that dress looks like the sort of thing that'll be on supermarket tabloid covers for their 'Best and Worst Awards Dresses' issues in a couple days.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#80 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 10:19 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 3rd Mar 2015 at 12:55 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
Cheetah/leopard-print dress with very low collar, exposing the midriff, and boots - I still haven't figured out a way to use this outfit.
Is this the one you mean?

I didn't realise it was a Maxis outfit, as I have this rather similar CC outfit downloaded from here on MTS in the first month I was playing the Sims.

And, as you will see, the one I've downloaded is even shorter, with more ridiculous boots, than the Maxis one. And I'm afraid it set something of a pattern for my downloads: my Sims like to display more, not less, flesh! It certainly pleases the teenage boys of Veronaville, even the gay ones like Andrew. So I'm afraid I'm not likely to be downloading HP's default replacements; my male Sims would be very disappointed if I did!

The model is of course none other than Gloria Jones, Andrew's mum! (And no disparaging comments about her or I won't be answerable for Andrew's actions! I'll warn you that both Andrew and his mum are super-fit -- they train every day on a punch bag and an obstacle course! ) Gloria doesn't actually own either of these outfits. She just modelled them for me in CAS. But when Andrew sees these pictures, he'll be urging her to buy one, and you can guess which one he'll choose; he's not ashamed of having a sexy mum!

I got an idea last week what the creators themselves think of the clothes I download. I downloaded two AF outfits from Parsimonious last week, and the filenames were k8facbadtaste.package and k8facbadtastea.package!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 12:11 AM
Hmm... Probably some of the AL outfits, and the Ft hobby outfits. Ohhh and OFB of course. Also, while not horrible, some of the Bon Voyage outfits are pretty meh, I mean, I don't make Japanese or Hawaiian sims every day
I once had a teen grow up, and didn't check her formalwear until her wedding day...she ended up getting married in a kimono. Whoops!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#82 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 2:42 AM
I like the AL ruffle dress. It's one of the few EAxis items I actually use.
Mad Poster
#83 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I got an idea last week what the creators themselves think of the clothes I download. I downloaded two AF outfits from Parsimonious last week, and the filenames were k8facbadtaste.package and k8facbadtastea.package!

Well, there's always someone in a RL neighbourhood who has horrible dress sense. I guess those clothes were made for the sim versions of them.

That dress though ... Does Andrew really want his mother to be mistaken for a streetwalker?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#84 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 3:14 AM
In rl most teenage boys would be embarrassed if their mother went out wearing something like that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#85 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 3:29 AM
Dear goodness, just too many to name. Majority of them would be the Teen/Adult/Elder female category. It never dawned on me how atrocious EAxis clothes were until I did an 80% overhaul of every outfit that annoyed the good crap out of me [and that's when I realized that most of the male hair and clothes were decent...but not the females]. I even now venture past the custom content clothes, and my! The variety of just normal clothes!

Anyway, mine is actually a combo that triggered me to go on my default downloading spree. It's the:
1. Flying pigtails.
2. Midsleeve green and white shirt.
3. Mom tailored black flame pants.

Every time I saw her, I'd just be like: "No woman looks like this! No woman in her right mind would wear this!!! Why? Just why?"
[Okay, I said that for a lot of the female sims...but still]

But thanks to that overhaul, I've just been seal clapping at how wonderful and unique random sims now look!
I now actually want my sims to be friends with random sims instead of avoiding them!
Mad Poster
#86 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 10:41 AM
But Andrew's not your average teenage boy! His intense love for his mother (which is fully reciprocated) is one of his defining characteristics. (It's based on their autonomous behaviour towards each other early in my game.) His mother is Romance and a rising sports star, and has always pushed the boundaries a bit in her choice of clothes. Andrew is intensely loyal to her and very proud of her growing celebrity status. She's always worn sexy clothes and Andrew loves her the way she is. And besides, the way she dresses isn't all that unusual in my Veronaville. The town sees itself as a centre of fashion, and, as a sports star, Gloria is really emerging as a leader of that fashion. In Veronaville people actually wear the sort of stuff that in our Real Life is only seen on the catwalk. Veronaville fashion is generally skimpy (for males as well as females) so Andrew doesn't see his mother as a streetwalker, but as a much-admired leader of the fashion he sees around him. And, most importantly, she's his mum, and he'd love her no matter what she wore.

As Andrew knows, despite her Romance aspiration, and her sometimes outrageous choice of clothes, his mum isn't really promiscuous at all. In her whole life, she's only had woohoo with two people: her current boyfriend Garry, and, many years ago, with Andrew's dad (Mystery Sim). I've no idea who that was, but I'm sure Andrew knows: he and Gloria tell each other everything! Gloria would like to woohoo with more men, but restrains herself for Andrew's sake (and thus shows that she loves him every bit as much as he loves her). Andrew, for his part, appreciates Gloria's needs as a Romance Sim, and regularly invites her boyfriend round for her to woohoo. Gloria has a recurring fear of being rejected for an invitation, so it's always Andrew who does the phoning. In a very open-minded society, and with that sort of mature understanding of his mother's sexual needs, it's not likely that Andrew will get embarrassed if his mother puts on a sexy outfit. Anyway, he's used to her wandering about the house in her skimpy lingerie, and, as you may have noticed, he's no stranger to wearing skimpy clothes himself.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#87 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 10:57 AM
@AndrewGloria, your romance mom will be as sexy to other Sims if you dress her in the clown suit. I like my Sims to look reasonably acceptable to me - but they always look completely acceptable to other Sims. Even if they go around in the clown suit.

I have recently started to dress my subcultures alike - and I can never use defaults for the social groups in AL - their clothes define how you greet them and what you should talk to them about.

Mostly, I think elders, especially elder males, need a lot more clothes - I've downloaded some here, but I also don't want to download a hundred files every time I see one item I like. Defaulting them won't help - there are simply not enough outfits for my elders (they never die, they move to an island which is my retirement village, and they live there forever )
Mad Poster
#88 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 4:23 PM
Okay, do forgive me, but oh my god. Not having sex means you love your kids? Because of course, having sex is the devil unless it's with that one man who you promised your eternal love to. And of course, wearing leopard print and showing some boobs can only mean you sell sex for money. God forbid anyone actually like leopard, and happen to like their boobs, or just liked the dress and doesn't care it also shows boobs. And naturally, having had kids means you should forever be nothing but The Mother, who has no needs, and covers herself up appropriately.

I know you're talking about Sims, but can we stop inadvertently judging people for their life choices? It's 2015. In case nobody noticed, cause this sounds more like 1915.
Mad Poster
#89 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 5:54 PM Last edited by gazania : 4th Mar 2015 at 12:44 PM.
Well, it's AndrewGloria's world. If it's circa whatever year, hey, whatever floats your boat. I don't usually quarrel with anyone's choices, unless it involves something truly despicable, such as domestic violence or pedophilia, and the person seems to support it. (Not done because of story purposes.)

I'm sure my own stories might elicit a "Say what?" response or two from a couple of people. But that's my world, my pixels. And ditto for anyone's Sims' worlds

I interpreted AndrewGloria's post to mean that Andrew might not want to come home to unexpectedly find people in his house at some strange hour. Not doing that can show some sort of respect, if not love.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#90 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 8:26 PM
If you ask me, Andrew needs to get his own place.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#91 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Okay, do forgive me, but oh my god. Not having sex means you love your kids? Because of course, having sex is the devil unless it's with that one man who you promised your eternal love to. And of course, wearing leopard print and showing some boobs can only mean you sell sex for money. God forbid anyone actually like leopard, and happen to like their boobs, or just liked the dress and doesn't care it also shows boobs. And naturally, having had kids means you should forever be nothing but The Mother, who has no needs, and covers herself up appropriately.

I know you're talking about Sims, but can we stop inadvertently judging people for their life choices? It's 2015. In case nobody noticed, cause this sounds more like 1915.

Yeah... I was going to comment on this myself but I'm kind of a coward so I chickened out

I'm a 32-year-old married woman who doesn't plan on having children. I love leopard print and I love to dress sexy. IMO there's a line between sexy and sleazy, but it seems from the comments here that many of you draw that line rather conservatively. I don't care if people want to cover up or let it all hang out - it's their body, life, and choice. People are going to judge, that's human nature, but I try hard not to and keep any judgments I do have to myself. Yes, there are some things you shouldn't do in front of kids, but being a mom doesn't mean THAT'S IT NO MORE BEING SEXY EVER.

I don't know that anyone was actually implying that here, but well, there's my unsolicited two cents anyway
Mad Poster
#92 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 11:13 PM
Oh gummilutt! I'm sorry if Gloria and I have upset you. I assure you that neither of us had any ill intentions.

I.ve known Gloria ever since I started playing, and she's really quite a complex character. Maybe all Sims are, when you really get to know them. Andrew would almost certainly love his mum no matter what she did. But for her part she feels that it wouldn't be the best atmosphere to bring him up if she brought home a different boyfriend every night. Andrew has friends within the gay community who do live like that. He stays good friends with them and respects their right to live like that. But in his heart he thinks the steady faithful relationship he has with Julian is better.

In fact the real reason why Gloria stays faithful to her boyfriend Garry, is because she got so badly hurt the last time she tried to act like a "proper" Romance Sim. In her army days, she tried to seduce her fellow soldier Donte Chalmers, but failed to read the message that he only wanted to be friends with her, and that he didn't want a sexual or romantic relationship. He rejected all her romantic advances and she ended up seeing the therapist. (I was trying to fulfil all her wants, but only realised too late that I was actually fulfilling all her fears!) Naturally I was concentrating on Gloria at the time, but I seem to recall Andrew moping around the house looking concerned. He didn't like too see his normally strong and outgoing mum reduced to such a state. Afterwards he did his best to cheer her up, including for the first time inviting Garry round so she could have woohoo with someone who would respond. In a sense Garry is a "safe" option for her. Like her, he's Romance so neither will get desperately upset if the other one occasionally strays. Gloria and Garry have never promised eternal love to each other. They're not engaged. They're not even going steady. Like typical Romance Sims, they have both fought shy of any commitment: as soon as they fell in love, they both rolled fears of getting engaged! But for nearly two years now they have in fact been behaving like an engaged couple. I can see it, Andrew can see it, and I think they may be beginning to see it themselves. De facto they are faithful to each other.

There's also Andrew's influence. Conversation is a two way process, and Gloria, knowing that she has an intelligent son, listens to what he says. To begin with Gloria was telling Andrew that he should play the field while he's young and has no responsibilities. "Enjoy yourself. Go and woohoo with every teen you fancy!" But Andrew is convinced he's found true love with Julian. And, when she sees them together, she begins to think he could be right. He and Julian do seem to have something precious that's worth keeping. When it comes to affairs of the heart, Andrew is far more conservative than his mum. Not only does he want to stay faithful to Julian, but he also thinks they should wait till they're older before they woohoo. I think Julian would like to go further, but he loves Andrew too much to force him into anything he doesn't feel ready for.

We've strayed a long way from the thread topic, but I feel I have to defend the choices that my favourite Sims make! I think Gloria would agree with much of what you say, gummilutt. She thanks you for defending her right to wear the clothes she likes, whether they're Maxis or CC. She's not prostituting herself because she thinks she looks good in skimpy clothes. (At least that bit's on topic.) Indeed one might ask if she's selling her body by working as a professional athlete. Of course Gloria would disagree, but intellectually it's an interesting point.

@maxon: Andrew doesn't feel nearly ready to leave home yet. In fact he feels his life at the moment is near perfect: supported by the twin pillars of the loves of his mum and Julian, successful and happy at school, and respected and liked throughout Veronaville, it's hard to see how it could be better. He has largely overcome his natural shyness (he's a Virgo) and has made lots of friends, both girls and boys, men and women. He counts himself lucky to be so happy. But he does appreciate that the time will come for him to move on. One day he hopes he'll marry Julian and set up home with him. But he doesn't want to leave his mum alone. (Do you think they're too close, Maxon?) He'd be happier about leaving her if he knew she had someone to love her and look after her. He gets on well with Garry. So in the long term, he'd really like his mum and Garry to get married, so they'd have each other. Not too soon though, as he values his one-to-one time with his mother!

Sorry about the long, and largely off-topic post. I fear you can see just how deeply I get involved in the lives of my Sims.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#93 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 8:19 AM
@AndrewGloria - it is your game You're the boss there!
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I guess one can spend months on finding pretty outfits for your Sims (don't misunderstand me, I sometimes tend to do just that) - or one can simply play the game and really enjoy it like I believe @AndrewGloria does The irony to me, always, is that the Sims themselves don't care about what they are wearing One of my students in a former hood married that mascot (the donkey/horse, not the cow!) AND after I changed his outfit (still had to send him to shop then) - HE KEPT HIS HEAD ON! No Sim seems to mind, and for my own sanity he had to walk around in his pajamas most of the time. He was a lovely Sim, though

Hahahaha donkey

this actually made my day!
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I stay away from tops and bottoms - as far away as I can - most of the time. Except for Uni, because my students have a basic right to look ridiculous

Agreed! I often use the fugly stuff (clothes & objects) for university. Because I figure they are expressing/trying to find themselves & they are poor. LOL

Sorry! I just realized I did a double post. Didn't mean to. The 2nd one was meant to be a reply. I tried to go back & edit but I can't figure out how to have 2 quotes from 2 different posters in the same post.
Mad Poster
#96 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sashagillis
Sorry! I just realized I did a double post. Didn't mean to. The 2nd one was meant to be a reply. I tried to go back & edit but I can't figure out how to have 2 quotes from 2 different posters in the same post.

I have had that problem. Just click reply to the first post you want to quote, then select and cut it, go back to the main thread and reply to the second post, then paste the first post in there.
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 2:44 PM
I just go through Sims2defaults and default replace the worst ones, like the rave outfit for women, those atrocious high-waisted outfits for older men etc.
Page 4 of 4