Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 3:14 PM
Default Ideas on incorporating SIms 3 game play into Sims 2.
I have heard of other simmers that incorporated Sims 3 traits into thier Sims 2 gameplay, and most recently I have been watching some Youtube Let's Plays of SIms 3, and although I have only base game, and can not really get myself interested for too long playing it, (the transition is just too much ), Sims 2 will always have my heart, but there are some things in the other Sims 3 expansion packs that I think look really cool, Financially I can not afford to invest any money in Sims 3. There are many things about Sims 3 that I really think I like by watching the videos, but for me I feel like the sims all sort of have a pudding face and all look the same, and because I am such a control freak I did not really like the some of the open world concept.
I was just wondering with this community being the creative awe that it is .. are there any other things from Sims 3 that folks have found a way to incorporate into their Sims 2 play just for fun?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#3 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 3:56 PM
I recreated some of my favorite lots from TS3 to TS2.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 10:41 PM
There are quite a few sims 3 objects converted to sims 2, my favourite being the all on one bathroom. http://verounique.livejournal.com/32762.html

Traits: http://ledesia.tumblr.com/traits

Pantless bottoms: This is so you can shoe swap. http://mishas-sims.tumblr.com/post/109146536624

Have a collector sim who finds every beach treasure and every item dug up and every bug collected.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#5 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 12:51 AM
After playing Sims 3 for about three years, I made a 'no regrets' clean break. However, even though there are no gameplay things that I've tried to incorporate into Sims 2, I have enjoyed all of the content that has been converted for it. So, if you are looking for a way to recreate a TS3 lot you've seen, or maybe just find an outfit and hairstyle that you saw and liked...the odds are in your favor.

I see that Jo already gave a few links, so I'll just add the TS3 to TS2 Conversion Database one: http://322cdb.livejournal.com/

Maybe, others will have more tips geared towards actual gameplay for you.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 4:49 PM
Pantless bottoms: This is so you can shoe swap. http://mishas-sims.tumblr.com/post/109146536624

I never paid too close attention to the pantless bottoms, but I am checking them out now and booyah the future downloads folder is going to have some goodies.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 10:50 PM
I already posted those right above.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I already posted those right above.

I think they were trying to reply to your post? Maybe?
Theorist
#9 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 11:56 PM
I think so too, @joandsarah77 They repeated your post word-for-word, so I think they either tried to use the Quote function and deelted the code that makes it into a proper quote because it looks like gibberish (it really does), or they couldn't figure out how to use the Quote function so they just copy-pasted. That's my theory.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 12:04 AM
I think you are both right, it was meant to be a reply with quote.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 1:07 AM
I think you are both right, it was meant to be a reply with quote.

Yes it was a reply sorry my internet gets glitchy sometimes.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 2:08 AM
You need some top only dresses/tunics with those.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 2:42 AM
The Sims 3 has a really great selection of cars - there are three "poor" cars, four "poor-middle" cars, three "middle-rich" cars and two "rich" cars, which gives plenty of variety. Meanwhile, The Sims 2 has pretty much... one "poor" car, three "middle" cars and two "rich" cars(one of them being the helicopter, mind you), which can be really repetitive if you have a large wealthy family. TS3's Yomoshoto Evasion also looks much better than TS2's, but since TS3 came out later that goes without saying.

I wonder if it's possible to convert TS3's cars to TS2... I'd really like to own a Bwan Speedster or a VFN Kompensator around Strangetown.

Another thing I like in TS3 are some of the traits. I'm not saying TS2's personality scale is bad; it is pretty nice and balanced but doesn't really let you make more "quirky" Sims. TS3's "quirk" traits like Neurotic, Perfectionist, Workaholic, Insane, Never Nude, etc. are pretty nice and interesting, I imagine they'd fit in nicely if used together with the personality scale, as it'd also save you from having to add in "personality" traits like Neat, Loner, Couch Potato, etc.
Theorist
#14 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 2:53 AM
Have you tried VPN's Garage? I can't seem to find a link at the moment, but they do nothing but cars, all along the spectrum of poor to super fancy. No, I tell a Lie -- I think they do trucks, vans, and motorcycles too. FreshPince here on MTS is another good source for MM vehicles.

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
Have you tried VPN's Garage? I can't seem to find a link at the moment, but they do nothing but cars, all along the spectrum of poor to super fancy. No, I tell a Lie -- I think they do trucks, vans, and motorcycles too. FreshPince here on MTS is another good source for MM vehicles.

The site has been down for a good while.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 4:00 AM
You need some top only dresses/tunics with those.

Yes I have quite few, but I plan on browsing around for some more. Thanks for the tips.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 7:09 AM
I have some, based on my experience with Sims 3 : (never bothered to go past the Base Game)
You can kill your Sims's girlfriend and family and pretend they have moved away during the night. Because neighbours in Sims 3 move away during the night at all times.
You can put one of your teens in the bin and pretend he is in prison (he must not have done anything wrong - if he did something wrong, it won't be like Sims 3) Or you can put him in prison if you have the right mods - but only look at the outside of the prison walls and do not communicate with him at all. Then, after a Looooong time, age him up and throw him back into the house.
You can have your Sim's boyfriend marry a random pregnant townie and them move away before your Sim can see him again (moving will mean, again, killing off in Sims 2 - in Sims 3 one just finds out that they have moved)..
You can make a building/shop/theatre/ bookshop where your Sim can go, put him inside, switch off free will and look at the outside of the building until he has to go home.
You can only play with one family.
You can pick a house for your one family - and then, before you can move them in, find a non-playable family in there with no space for your family (although I'm not sure how one is going to execute this one).
Oh, and your Sim family will have to be completely boring.
The clothes are pretty nice - but most already converted for Sims 2 anyway, same with furniture
Theorist
#18 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OpelSpeedster
The site has been down for a good while.

Really? I could have sworn I downloaded something from there not too long ago, but maybe it was a recolor or something that included the mesh? That or I'm having hallucinations. (grumbles) If I'm going to have hallucinations, why can't they be about something fun, like handsome movie stars swearing undying love for me or something?

Sorry, OP!

Field Researcher
#19 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 12:59 PM
@OpelSpeedster - I suggest you look into VovilliaCorp's cars. I personally like stuff that doesn't exist in real life, hence why I download Grand Theft Auto cars. Vehicle List. I think you need to register.
Scroll down and you'll find HQ cars from GTA IV and GTA San Andreas

❈ "Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!" ❈
– Clairee Belcher, "Steel Magnolias"
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I have some, based on my experience with Sims 3 : (never bothered to go past the Base Game)
You can kill your Sims's girlfriend and family and pretend they have moved away during the night. Because neighbours in Sims 3 move away during the night at all times.
You can put one of your teens in the bin and pretend he is in prison (he must not have done anything wrong - if he did something wrong, it won't be like Sims 3) Or you can put him in prison if you have the right mods - but only look at the outside of the prison walls and do not communicate with him at all. Then, after a Looooong time, age him up and throw him back into the house.
You can have your Sim's boyfriend marry a random pregnant townie and them move away before your Sim can see him again (moving will mean, again, killing off in Sims 2 - in Sims 3 one just finds out that they have moved)..
You can make a building/shop/theatre/ bookshop where your Sim can go, put him inside, switch off free will and look at the outside of the building until he has to go home.
You can pick a house for your one family - and then, before you can move them in, find a non-playable family in there with no space for your family (although I'm not sure how one is going to execute this one).
Oh, and your Sim family will have to be completely boring.
The clothes are pretty nice - but most already converted for Sims 2 anyway, same with furniture

Hahaha that only one family thing is the one and only reason that I will never even give Sims 3 a chance. I might maybe might be open to Sims 4 in a distant time and place but I don't think I could ever give up my beloved Sims 2.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 11:08 PM
I want figure out how to make flooding disaster when your family moves in.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
After playing Sims 3 for about three years, I made a 'no regrets' clean break. However, even though there are no gameplay things that I've tried to incorporate into Sims 2, I have enjoyed all of the content that has been converted for it. So, if you are looking for a way to recreate a TS3 lot you've seen, or maybe just find an outfit and hairstyle that you saw and liked...the odds are in your favor.

I see that Jo already gave a few links, so I'll just add the TS3 to TS2 Conversion Database one: http://322cdb.livejournal.com/

Maybe, others will have more tips geared towards actual gameplay for you.

There is a hair for TS3 Ambitions which I really liked - the messy bob - since, as it is for both men and women, it allowed me to make androgynous-esque men much more easily. Sadly, that site has only one conversion , and the jackass who made it ruined its trademark all-genders flag and made it for women only. Sexist, I say.

Ah well. While it is a nice hair, I already have another one that looks quite effeminate and is for male sims. Not as good-looking, but it does the job.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 7:24 PM
At some point I think I am going to incorporate the sims 3 traits and the Sims 3 careers made by lientebollemeis http://modthesims.info/member.php?u=2067321. I like some of the levels a little better in some of the Sims 3 ones, I was trying to figure out a way to maybe somehow work in the lifetime wishes too.
Theorist
#24 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro

Haha, very funny, all that.

I found a way to play with many families in one hood, though. You have to play with one up (let's say family X) to a certain point and save, then use a new save, starting this hood from point zero. Play another family until the same point. Then take the old family X out of the old save and insert it into a new hood, while deleting the default family X from the hood you're playing now (because of course they haven't autonomously progressed exactly in the same way as you played them previously). Repeat the process until you've played all families you want, and you end up with all of them in one hood, played. But relationships for them with other townies will be lost during the transfer.

Then you continue doing it the very same way, again and again. After all, one advantage TS3 has over TS2 is that you can delete families without borking the hood and you can copy them easily, too, even with all their inventory stuff and in their house.

Anyone knows an easier way? I suspect it might be possible with mods, If you can switch families without losing all wishes and while setting some flag for other families not to age and not to progress autonomously.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
Haha, very funny, all that.

I found a way to play with many families in one hood, though. You have to play with one up (let's say family X) to a certain point and save, then use a new save, starting this hood from point zero. Play another family until the same point. Then take the old family X out of the old save and insert it into a new hood, while deleting the default family X from the hood you're playing now (because of course they haven't autonomously progressed exactly in the same way as you played them previously). Repeat the process until you've played all families you want, and you end up with all of them in one hood, played. But relationships for them with other townies will be lost during the transfer.

Then you continue doing it the very same way, again and again. After all, one advantage TS3 has over TS2 is that you can delete families without borking the hood and you can copy them easily, too, even with all their inventory stuff and in their house.

Anyone knows an easier way? I suspect it might be possible with mods, If you can switch families without losing all wishes and while setting some flag for other families not to age and not to progress autonomously.

You can go on Edit Town, and there'll be a button that says "Switch Active Households". I never use it though, I'm the type of player who gets too attached to one family to play others.
Page 1 of 2