Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 6:37 PM
Default Did you eat your homework???
Hi.
i feel a bit stupid posting this but i hope somebody can help me.
i think i might've downloaded a "no homework" mod, although that doesnt sound like me because i like keeping the game realistic, but my sims stopped bringing home their homework, and thats the only possibility i can think of. problem is i dont know how to uninstall it because i cant find it in my downloads folder. i tried all the keywords i could think of and no result. please, if someone knows the name of any no homework mods, let me know. i most likely got it from MTS, and if you could tell me the name of the .package file, that would be so much help!

thanks in advance to anyone who replies

p.s. i hope this is where im supposed to post this, please dont yell at me if it isnt.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#3 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 7:04 PM
Have you tried checking if there is a mod conflict using the HCDU at sim wardrobe?
I once had a mod conflict that took out about five interactions
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 7:21 PM
The 50/50 will find it (see Game Help FAQ), and you'll be a little more organized with your downloading next time, don't you worry. We've all been caught like this at some point.

This sounds exactly like a mod conflict or an accidental piggyback (I know I've clicked the thing right next to what I wanted before now!) or something like that. It doesn't sound like corruption at all. So it's perfectly fixable. You just have to do the work.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 7:36 PM
Some times a mod called "put your homework away" will delete the homework for newer desk for the mod is out of date. (I have not looked at it in a long time so I don't know if its been updated.)

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
#6 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 7:43 PM
Are both parents living with the child or is one or both of them missing (either dead or living somewhere else)? And does the child get out of the bus and into the house normally or do you get a jump bug (the child jumps after leaving the bus and the bus disappears instead of driving away)? - If you have an incomplete family and getting a jump bug, it's not a mod conflict but a bug that can be fixed with the Get Parents Fix .

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 8:24 PM
I think dogs can actually eat homework. It's a while ago, but I'm pretty sure I had one that attacked the homework, like other furniture, and 'ate' it (or destroyed it, whichever is your preference). So if you have pets in the house, be sure to keep homework off the floor.

I think I've had homework disappear on itself a few times, but can't remember how or why it happened. It was more of a random occurence. I've not sent kids to school for quite a while now, so my memory is fuzzy. Also, after one of the EPs (FT or AL, I think), kids don't always bring homework.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 9:06 PM
I have all EPs and my kids always bring home homework. They hide it sometimes, is all. That may have happened for you if you added a mod coincident with adding an EP.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 9:14 PM
Pets can apparently destroy homework, and kids do like to hide their homework as Peni stated.

My Simblr
He/They
Field Researcher
#10 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 9:26 PM
I wish the homework would just show up in their goddamn inventory instead of having to be placed SOMEWHERE.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I have all EPs and my kids always bring home homework. They hide it sometimes, is all. That may have happened for you if you added a mod coincident with adding an EP.

Most of the time I don't have a clue which mods I've got. Turns out I really did have a "Homework Sometimes" mod, so you're probably right.

I think there's a mod that makes the kid place the homework on the nearest table or desk, or maybe one that assigns them a desk in the house.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 12:22 AM
You get no homework if you are using Simlogicals Prep school since the kids arrive home at 5pm.
Then there is the homework jump bug mentioned above if the parent is not living at the house
Then there is homework sometimes mod, but they do get homework some days.

If not those it could be a conflict between school related type mods.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 7:40 AM
Pescado - macrotastics - Click on kid - macro - do homework. He/She will find the homework if it has not been eaten by the dog - and go and do it. I find it handy to use when I can't find the homwork, some kids are just more likely to throw it down anywhere than others.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Most of the time I don't have a clue which mods I've got. Turns out I really did have a "Homework Sometimes" mod, so you're probably right.

I think there's a mod that makes the kid place the homework on the nearest table or desk, or maybe one that assigns them a desk in the house.

Moghughson's desk locator.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=312004

If you have homework sometimes faster, they can often not get homework for days at a time.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#15 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 10:10 AM
Just like arathea explained, if it only happens with sims whose parents aren't living on the same lot, this is a bug in the game that was never fixed by developers. I'm surprised it isn't widely known. I had no idea what was going on a while ago when this bug cropped up and blamed the hacks, then was told about the unofficial fix and it fixed the bug.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Some times a mod called "put your homework away" will delete the homework for newer desk for the mod is out of date. (I have not looked at it in a long time so I don't know if its been updated.)
That's MogHughson's Desk Locator, linked to by Maxon in post #14 above. Mog's latest updates were in 2009, so I guess it should be up to date if you have the current version. She said it included support for AL shelves. But unfortunately Mo hasn't logged on to MTS since 2011, so she's not here to fix anything that doesn't work. (I wish she was still around. IMHO she's one of the greatest modders ever.)

I use both Mog's Desk Locator and Jenflower's Homework Sometimes Faster Fun. Since my highest EP is OFB, I'm confident that MogHughson's mod is up to date enough for my game. But I did have an interesting homework glitch recently. (At least I hope it was just a glitch!) Unfortunately it's not quite recent enough for me to be 100% clear on all the details. At 1 o'clock Julian Moltke got home from school. I'm pretty sure he had no homework. At 3 o'clock his younger siblings Brigitte and Hans got home, and at the same time his mum and dad, Manuela and Martin, came home in the police car from their jobs as desk sergeants. I'm sure Hans had homework as he got off the bus, but he immediately ran to the police car to hug both his mum and his dad -- a really touching family scene. But afterwards I could find no sign of Hans's homework. I looked on the ground where he had got off the bus, in case he had dropped it, but couldn't find it. Now Hans and Brigitte both have desks reserved with MogHughson's desk locator. (Brigitte's is actually a table, but that works just as well.) Julian has always done his homework on the floor. (He's an unusual teen, and I think he likes doing it there!) Well I searched the house for Hans's homework. And eventually I found a homework jotter; it was upstairs on Hans's desk -- but it was senior school homework, and it was Julian's! Now I'm pretty sure Julian had no homework when he got home from school (whereas Hans had homework on his hand) and, even if he had had homework, Julian would never have put it on Hans's desk. Unfortunately this behaviour is likely to continue as long as Martin and Manuela are working shifts that finish at 3 p.m., and I think it may have a detrimental effect on Hans's education. While Julian and Brigitte assiduously do their homework and effortlessly bring home A+ grades (Brigitte is clearly a knowledge Sim in the making), Han's grades are stuck at C, and I don't think they'll go up unless he does a bit more homework. I'm not too worried though. Hans is still very young, so time is on his side. Or maybe we just have to accept that he'll never be an academic high flier like his older siblings. He has other strengths. He is extremely good-looking, and I think may well turn out to be a Romance Sim. He may also turn out to be gay; he is very close to his brother Julian, who (perhaps inappropriately) has several times taken him to gay nightclubs. All in all, I think he'll be ok.

btw, I use Jenflower's mod to give my kids more free time, but I've heard that other people use it to keep their grades down. Does it actually help to do this? I suppose, if they're doing less homework, their grades won't go up so fast. Is this what's happening to Hans?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 7:19 PM
I use TwoJeffs' version of Homework Sometimes and his is coded so that they are less likely to bring homework when their grades are higher. So they don't get stuck on low grades.

You could also use the SimLogical Schoolwork object. This creates a workbook which the sim can study from and increase their grades.

I also like Cyjon's Partial Homework Credit. Instead of letting the homework build up forever when it isn't done, leading to a cycle where the kid is too bored and tired to do homework so they leave more which makes the pile too big to finish before the next day, slowly draining their grade, homework vanishes when they get off the school bus and the percentage will either add or subtract grade points depending on how much they finished. Plus, it avoids the problem where the kid drops one homework in an inaccessible place and then you can't find it but subsequent homework gets dropped here too, since the next day they have a clean slate in where to drop the homework (I use MogHughson's desk locator).

Then I use Harder Homework to keep grades down/varied. The others are more for making it easier so I find the combination balances everything out, but Partial Homework Credit is a lifesaver.

ETA: It's hard to find because it's one of the few mods not hosted on his website but if anyone wants it, it's here: http://modthesims.info/d/230189

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 7:25 PM
Ah yes I love the partial homework credit. I have some mods that make the homework harder (has to do with skill points and aspirations I believe) so some Sims will not be able to finish their homework, no matter how hard they try, so with the partial homework credit I figure it balances it out lol
I have CJ harder homework and hardergrades mods to make it harder. The CJ one tells me it's from Cyjon the hardergrades one I don't remember... :/

My Simblr
He/They
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#19 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I use both Mog's Desk Locator and Jenflower's Homework Sometimes Faster Fun. Since my highest EP is OFB, I'm confident that MogHughson's mod is up to date enough for my game.

I have all EPs/SPs and both those work just fine for me.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Meet Me In My Next Life
#20 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 8:56 PM
When it comes to home work you "really" have to watch the Sims children they can be tricky little devils. Way back around 2007 I was playing the Goth household and his son Alexander, never had homework to do.
So one day I decided to watch him from the first step off the school bus, and "behold" he was hiding his home work on the side of the house, and it was "pile" sky high and I do mean sky high.

It was from many Sims day of him not doing his homework, so I use a Mod to keep him up to do all his home work, the Mod took care of all his needs.
It took a day and half of Sims days to finish all of it, after that it never happen again I guess he learn his lesson to do his homework. So it always a good idea to look around the lot.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#21 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 8:58 PM
They are both Cyjon mods wickedjnr

Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
They are both Cyjon mods wickedjnr

Ah, ty One said Cj in the name the other file didn't so I wasn't sure where I got it from lol. I have all my school stuff in one folder, besides the harderhomework and grades and partial homework credit I also have the school changer with flexischool and prep school . With flexi school they don't need to go to school at all and the prep school they stay longer but don't have any homework to bring home at all. I make the prep school cost money though.

My Simblr
He/They
Theorist
#23 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 7:33 AM
I use the Desk Locator in UC and it works great. It can be placed on a desk, shelf or the floor and the kids leave their homework close by. They will place it on the floor by a desk if someone happened to put something else on that desk.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 6:35 PM
I don't think I'll go for the partial homework credit. It's a good idea, but one of the most memorable episodes in my game came about as a result of a build up of homework, and I wouldn't want to exclude the possibility of it happening again.

You can blame it on teenage hormones, but, when Andrew fell in love with Julian, he rather neglected his homework. He wanted to do well at school, but there were always more interesting things to do than homework, and like Alexander's in Simonut's game , it built up and up. And far from getting the A+ he wanted, his grades kept falling. When they got to a D, his mum decided it was time to do something. And there followed a marathon session that lasted several days of Gloria helping Andrew catch up with his homework. When his fun level dropped, she would play red hands with him till it came back up again. When he got tired, she'd do something else while drank espresso or took a nap. And then back to the homework! It wasn't instant. Andrew's grades actually dropped to an F before they started to rise. But slowly the pile of homework got less and Andrew's grades got better. Eventually the last piece of old homework was done, and a few days later Andrew got the A+ that he so dearly wanted. And he' been getting A+'s ever since! But the most important result was the effect it had on the relationship between Andrew and his mum. Always a good relationship, it became rock solid and it has stayed that way ever since. They both know they're always there for each other.

Soon after that I got Jenflower's mod, and now Andrew does his homework in less than half an hour, and enjoys it!

So, all in all. I'm happy with my homework mods. I wouldn't want a harder grades mod, because I like my Sims to enjoy their lives, and I don't want to stop them achieving their full potential. I put Jenflower's mod in to give children and teens more time for the fun things in life, and, if it has the side effect of knocking a point or two of their school grades, that really doesn't bother me. I don't believe school grades are the be all and end all in life. My only concern is that a child doesn't get taken by the social worker for a bad report. So can I ask, without a Social Worker mod, do they take a child as soon as the child gets a D, or do you get some warning?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 6:52 PM
You get some warning, and I don't think they get taken for Ds, only Fs. I'm not sure exactly how many days they have to be at an F to be removed. But in my experience when a child's homework builds up and up it's almost impossible to get back onto it before the social worker takes them unless you are willing to cheat their mood up. BoilingOil's mod called "Kids and pets unattended" disables the social worker altogether, though, if you want to go that route. I use that in my apocalypse hood because I just can't see a post-apocalyptic universe having a social care system at all, much less caring about grades! I also have a mod I think it is a Pescado one which makes the social worker less harsh about grades - in normal game behaviour, it only takes ONE child failing for ALL children, toddlers and babies to be taken! So this takes an average although I don't think it counts teens. (Teens lose their part time job if they slip below a D for too long.)

Page 1 of 2