Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 11:12 PM
Default What have you done with the Tumbleton characters?
http://simscommunityproject.tumblr....v0-1-a-complete

I know I sound like I'm advertising, but many in the TS2 community are joining forces to create a new, all-EP neighborhood called Tumbleton. This current beta has no playables, but has 200 custom townies and NPCs (I think.) So, would a thread like the ones for the Maxis 'hoods and Widespot be appropriate? Feel free to delete this if there's no use for it.

Anyway, I'm starting a legacy here that may or may not last more than 10 minutes due to my neighborhood ADD. I will edit with more details once I actually make my founder.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 11:51 PM
Thank you so much for making this thread!

I discovered Tumbleton around the end of last month and had actually mentioned it here, unaware that other Simmers on MTS even knew about it. I haven't played in it just yet, but that's only due to my switching the game to a better computer and 'prepping' Tumbleton for the Sims I plan to create (and the city is so huge )

I've made two households so far, the Holts/Tanakas (a mixed Japanese-white family) and a set of unnamed twins (one of whom will be a transgender Sim). If this thread is allowed to stay, then I'd be more than happy to share what I've done with the Tumbleton premades, as well as my own characters. I really hope it is; this neighborhood is so lovely. :lovestruc
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 1:29 AM
Well I just heard about Tumbleton today, soooo...

Meet Seth Tumbleton. Saggitarius, money-chaser, fitness enthusiast, aspiring architect (someday), dirtbag extraordinaire. (Pics are on my laptop which is near-dead, so they will have to come later.) He is the founder of the Scumbags to Saints Legacy, my third attempt at a TS2 legacy.

As all founding sims, Seth started out small in a makeshift shack on the side of the road. Rod Humble, the chairman of the welcoming committee, gave him a home-built desktop that can somehow run without a source of power. He used this to get a job as a security guard, thinking, "Watch out, Tumbleton; Alpha Bad Cop is coming to take his throne."

Of course, this never actually came to fruition. Seth met Lily Oone, a "cute little elf girl" as he thought. The two began talking when she offered him a lucrative position as a City Council Member. Being a greedy fortune sim, Seth gladly took it. I guess bums in makeshift shacks are now "politician material." Seth could see in Lily's eyes that she wanted to know him a little more. So, the two chatted... and chatted... and flirted.

In his spare time, Seth took up the hobby of treasure hunting. On the first day, Seth could only find a few rocks. Within a few days, he found expensive urns in surprising quality, and two different secret maps. "Who the heck buries this crap?", Seth said, as he did the 'sensible' thing and sold it at the local flea market.

Seth began his term as a appointed fairly elected City Council Member. He was sitting on the bench twiddling his thumbs, wondering why they expect him to care about building codes and drug crackdowns and other boring crap, when a young woman in a bright green sweater sat down beside him.

"Howdy do?", she asked. Seth, not taking his eyes off his warring thumbs, muttered "Fine."

"Ya sure honey? Just sitting there and twiddling your thumbs?"

"Well it could be worse. I could actually be doing my job, you know."

"PSH! Doing ya job? Honey, ain't nobody do their jobs around here. We're the government, remember? Come on sweety, come and play some cards with us. You got a good poker face right there, you'll take it home."

After spending the rest of work doing even more nothing, Seth took Mama Mayfield (she said she'd have to kill him if he found her real name) home. At first, they just hung out. Then... their feelings came out. As Seth kissed Mama, Lily walked by and screamed in horror. Then, she pulled a fighting move nobody could imagine out of a little elf like her: she slapped both of the pm at once! (Really I have a picture.) She sure got over her crush on Seth! Seth and Mama continued to hang out after that.

-----
Seth also bullied a few unfortunate townies (we're still on Scumbags, not Saints) and attacked former children's TV star Enrique Ignominia, only to suffer the humiliation of having his butt kicked by a pink gorilla. "Soon", Seth thought, "in just a matter of time I will show Tumbleton who the alpha scumbag is."

-----

I'm too lazy to write any more and I think I covered it all, so I'll shut up.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 6:56 PM Last edited by AmandieLove : 13th Jul 2015 at 2:58 AM.
'Scuse me for double posting but my last post was horrendously long, and just like I said I would, I have pictures! (all here are in spoilers; more will be in their fitting picture threads)

First off, my mean, materialistic but oh so sexy founder, Seth Tumbleton:

This is him being caught cheating by his first love interest, the one who illegally got him the City Coucil Member job, with a girl he met while working:

Dat face tho.

-----
Round 2:
Seth finally popped the question to Mama Mayfield. She said yes. They decided to make it final right then and there: none of them wanted to wait! Seth and Mama had baby Saige, and Seth developed two more love interests: Anna-Beth Lewis and Pam Westley. He took Pam home from work and developed a crush on her. His pregnant wife passed out on the floor, so he called her up to ask her out. She initlally agreed, but decided he was taking too long and got mad. At the coffee stop, he did find Anna-Beth, his old friend. The two kissed and fell in love. The next day, he made up with Pam while his wife was asleep. Poor Mama. She deserves much better... maybe she'll get better?
-----
Round 3:
Saige grew into a toddler, then Mama Tumbleton had twins: a girl named Taylor and a boy named Truett. The babies grew up soon. Due to the stress and Seth's jerkiness and laziness, the house was a pigsty for years: they had the worst roach infestation ever in game, bottled laying everywhere, a major trash pile in the hallway, etc. When he found time, Seth kept up his scumbag ways. When they weren't wrangling toddlers, passing out (mostly Mama), or at work, Seth and Mama were arguing like crazy. Seth would find time for his side chicks when Mama was asleep/passed out. His plan was to ditch Mama and marry Pam, as he loved* her more. He got caught with Pam on the way home from a dream date. So, Seth confessed that he didn't love Mama anymore and divorced her. She insisted on taking all 3 of her kids with her away from that trash heap, but Seth refused to give up Truett, whom he is grooming to be his heir. Immediately, he proposed to and married Pam in a traditional middle of the hallway in PJ's legacy wedding, and got her pregnant.

*Seth loved Pam's looks, Pam loved the political advantage of being the new Mrs. Tumbleton.
-----
Round 3 @ Mama's House
Mama had a plan. She knew her children needed a father figure in their life, but she knew that even if Seth bothered to step up (yeah right), he was NOT the influence she wanted them to have. So, her plan was to use the remaining 5 days of vacation leave to find a husband, then quit her job and be a stay at home mom. While falling in love with her longtime friend Glenn Maurer, she not only kept the two girls alive, she taught them both potty training and taught Saige to walk. Eventually, Glenn popped the question, and the couple had another traditional legacy wedding. Saige aged up into an adorable child, I must say. I'm glad she grew up well despite going into aspiration failure at her parents' divorce.

Mama's maker will probably kill me for this, but I've decided that Mama is not her real name. I've decided her first name is Chardonnay, and her maiden name in game was Mayfield, but I need to more embarrassing middle name. Any ideas?

Trivia: Mama never let Seth know her real name. Even after 4 years in marriage with 3 kids, she never told him or let him see the bills in her name. She's glad Josh's didn't.

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 6:33 AM
Well, I wish I could check on it, but for whatever reason my internet hates you and vehemently refuses to load the page.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 6:39 AM
Oh is that why I'm the only one posting here? LOL

I wish I could post pics of Saige, y'all. But then I remember that I haven't taken any yet. I also wanna post pics of the Saige and Taylor as toddlers but I can't upload them while on my iPad because Google Drive doesn't understand the fact that I moved my Sims pic folder to it.

But yeah, I LOVE Tumbleton so far. It's a great city. 10/10

Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 8:42 AM
200 townies? O_O

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmandieLove
Oh is that why I'm the only one posting here? LOL

Yeah... I'm not posting since I'm currently cleaning out my entire game, reinstalling mods and getting rid of downloads I don't need. (I wanted to do it before my game became a BFBVFS.)
Field Researcher
#9 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 6:13 PM
I just went through the whole neighborhood and found some houses I like. I made one person and I haven't moved her into a house yet.
Instructor
#10 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 8:57 PM
i'm confused, it it a empty neightbourhood or not?

Would i need to download the playable Sims and townies?

... Never done that before.

oh sorry for my lack of capital letters, can't be bothered. :D
#11 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 10:17 PM
This hood lags like hell for me but is very well done. I do have the notion though of opening SimPE and finding some townies i like the looks of and extracting them for other hoods and such.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 11:02 PM
The one download on the page, @NewSimgirl2011, gives you the neighborhood folder. All you need to do is stick it in Documents/EA Games/Sims 2 (or Sims 2 ultimate collection)/Neighborhoods and you're set! The primary download page has a completely empty version and the SC4 terrain. I don't know if the SC4 terrain is necessary or not but it goes in the SC4 Terrains subfolder of your Sims 2 folder. Can somebody try to play the hood without the SC4 terrain and report back, if you can? Thank you.

And warning: the hood will lag due to the hundreds of lots in it. It isn't recommended for slow/archaic computers.

Instructor
#13 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 7:51 PM
Thank you @AmandieLove because I would not be in the mood for downloading all those playables/townies.

I think I'll be okay with the lag, but I'll see. I really like to looks of it, because it looks connected. I love neighbourhoods that the actual hood looks consistent and seem to flow together if that makes sense. And some of those families sound interesting, so I think I'll download it - to at least test it.

And yay for Capitals!

EDIT:

Should really read the Read Me file - but never the less the hood looks good so I think I'll still download anyways. Even if there are no playables.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 5:06 PM
It's not quite finished yet, the complete Tumbleton will also have playable premade sims. I believe you can download them separately already, but of course, you'll need to set aspirations, LTWs, jobs and OTH's yourself as well as killing off a few for backstory.
Instructor
#15 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 7:49 PM
I have never downloaded Sims before. How do you do that? The same of if you were downloading a Lot, but save the Sims in the 'Saved Sims' folder instead?

BTW - What I just said above is a wild guess.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 9:48 PM
That said, there shouldn't be any CC included with the Tumbleton sims.
Test Subject
#18 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 1:40 AM
The Sims actually come with the neighborhood (beta v0.1, that is). If you downloaded that version, then you can just look into the TMBL folder, see the Characters subfolder, and all the character files will be there.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 3:35 AM
Whew! Haven't been here in a while!

I'm sure I'll miss some details in my post because I'm half asleep, but here's the gist of the many things that happened:

Seth's Household:
Truett (The male twin to Taylor) aged up. He had a party that turned out like crap because Seth invited all his girlfriends over and everyone was fighting. He also started his rivalry with Saige. At Truett's party, Seth flirted with Mama just to taunt her. I was surprised when I visited Mama's household that she had a 100/100 relationship with the man who treated her like garbage and kept 2 of her kids in a trashy, filthy home against her will. My original plan was for her to make sure Taylor and Saige have nothing to do with their dad (or their brothers, who take after their dad) but her heart may be divided now. I think Skinner learned to walk but I can't remember.

Mama Maurer's Household:
Mama and her husband decided to adopt Ramona (now Maurer, can't remember her old surname) because she was listed in her family tree but has never met her. Because I'm too lazy to fix Ramona's age with my longer aging mod, she is a middle schooler while Saige is just beginning school. Despite this, the two girls bonded quickly due to their similar personalities and shared love for video games. They even fell asleep together in their parents bed and I thought it was the cutest thing ever! The two are doing well in school, but Saige has higher grades. Taylor aged up (so I had the fun task of fitting 3 girls in a 3x4 bedroom). Before aging Taylor learned the most toddler skills of anyone in her generation: walking, talking, and potty training! I think Saige and Truett only learned 2 and Skinner only has 1 so far.

By the way, Tumbleton's site had a poll for what they should build next and a college was the leading pick. I'm sure it won't get done by the time my 2nd generation reaches Uni but I would love for it to be! I really don't wanna build a huge college!

Test Subject
#20 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 3:50 AM
I'm building my own colleges (two of them) because I don't want to wait.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 3:55 AM
@priviel Do you have pics of the colleges, if you don't mind? I'd like to see them and perhaps get some ideas for my sims' college. I'll likely have to bite the bullet and build my own unless I want to add a premade college and deal with a bunch of new peeps in my rotations.

Test Subject
#22 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 4:39 AM
I don't have pictures yet, but I'd wanted to upload them anyway when they're done (in approximately a few hours, I hope).

I stumbled upon Prospect University at MATY, which is sort of like a premade university, except you build it yourself. The terrain, lots, and even attire are provided (I didn't download the clothing, though). The download links are kind of old, but they still work, fortunately.

I can't build at all, so for the second college I am using some of slyndsey's and vimpse's lots since those creators can actually build--and their lots are so pretty. :lovestruc

I'll give more details on the two once I'm finished.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 5:01 AM
Wow! Prospect University seems impressive! I may have to track down a good file link tomorrow.

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 5:27 AM Last edited by mackieG13 : 17th Jul 2015 at 5:45 AM.
I just started the neighborhood today.

The Sorensons
Amanda and Pjotr are newlyweds. They moved to Crystal Hills after their daughter Anna was born. They're hoping to kickstart their new life in Tumbleton and Pjotr's new career as an oceanographer.

The Whites
Anthony White just moved into an apartment building in Plumbbob City with dreams as big as his pocketbook. With dreams of being a bigshot lawyer, he hopes he could take time out of his hectic work schedule to make friends.

The Chens
Margaret and Eugene Chen are half-Chinese University students currently attending Sim State University. Margaret, with dreams of becoming mayor of Tumbleton, is a political science major, and Eugene is wasting his psychology major by romancing his male dormmates and giving complete makeovers to everyone.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 6:06 AM
I looked at the site and was confused. It looked like just the EMPTY hoods were available - and I would have thought it would go in Sims2/neighborhoods. If it's just an empty template, what's the point? All the premades were listed, but they were "lined out" - I guess they aren't available yet? So does the hood have their houses, and you download the Sims separately? Hoods like wide spot come with people already, but guess this one has too many. And since it says it has custom townies, etc, does that mean it is packaged to NOT produce the usual townies (I have no regen, etc, so my Widespot had NO townies)

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Page 1 of 2