Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 2:39 AM
Default Your Absolute Favourite Custom Content Items...
Hey everyone,

So I recently decided it was high time to clear out everything in my Sims game, and start out fresh again. I think it's great fun to go CC shopping, and am looking forward to the countless hours I'll surely spend refilling my downloads folder...

Perhaps there are already a good handful of threads that already discuss the topic of favourite CC items, but couldn't resist making yet another. However, my question stands, what are some of your absolute favourite custom content items (be it CAS, Build or Buy Mode) that you just couldn't see yourself not having?

Check out my building creations!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 2:57 AM
Criquettes neighborhood deco sets here on MTS
Alchemist
#3 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 3:03 AM
I have no particular favorite.

created a number of Sim Parts and downloaded some mods/hacks. insimenator; psescado's lot debugger; and "nounlinkondelete".

Also created a number of neighborhood templates; but have not yet imported them to this game.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 3:09 AM
The Freezer Clock. I honestly have no idea how I managed without it for several years, but after installing AL, I haven't managed wthout. The shiftable OMSP also earn a place in the top spot. Together, they're essential for group shots and any kind of photographing where you want the sim to stand completely still. I also love the 5-degree rotater OMSP from TSR, which has helped me out on a lot of occasions.

I also wouldn't be without my default replacement skins, eyes, eyelashes, and default pregmorphs for EAxis clothes.

Then there's baby clothes, hairs and accessories. I've had to make most of it myself - but I don't mind, because I love how the babies gain personality and look a lot less alike.

I also have an extensive collection of various mods and hacks, including too many poseboxes. I particularly love the ones by JD, Aikiea and Decorgal, along with the prop hack.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 4:12 AM
Well, in terms of CC I find super useful-

tbudgett's extendable arches and La Fenetre expansion set.
Mootilda and HugeLunatic's rotatable driveways and garage doors.
jesstheex's eyeliner.
JRW's stair wall fix.
Michelle's Maxis wood recolors.
Aaroneous' body shop sliders in CAS.
Gunmod's camera and lightning.

Um... there's really so much more and I can't mention it all. This is just what I could think of off the top of my head. I can't thank CC creator's enough, really!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 4:34 AM
In my neighborhoods that I made myself, I like using Zarathustra's high rise buildings to give the neighboyhood an urban, yet classy feel.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 5:12 AM
Oh goodness I have tons in every section.

I think for CAS one of the best custom items is the one that adds Body Shop sliders http://simmanipulator.forumotion.co...rs-added-to-cas You have to register for the download button to work.

I like most things by Fanselamb, Fakepeeps, Eltanin, mustluvcatz, Honeywell, sevenskellington, plasticbox lots and hoods, Mootilda, HugeLunatic, NixNivis, Nysha, rebecah, iCad, leefish, CatOfEvilGenius, Phaenoh, sunni9676, Almightyhat, rentedspace, all of simmer22's baby items and many other creators who I can't think of right now.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 9:39 AM
Monique's computer. Couldn't be without it, now that I know all the stuff I can do with it that enhances my game. I also love SEP by Numenor, which lets you place appliances on an angle on corner counters (only maxis). And the desk locator by MogHughson here on MTS is pretty essential in my game, as my Sims always manage to lose their homework somewhere I can't find it. No more, thanks to the locator.

It's very hard to narrow down 4G of stuff into a few great things, but over the years I've started really appreciating maxis recolors as opposed to custom objects. And there, Michelle is queen. If I was starting over my CC, that's where I'd start.

In modding there are the greats; Cyjon, Pescado, BoilingOil, TwoJeff, Squinge.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The Freezer Clock. I honestly have no idea how I managed without it for several years, but after installing AL, I haven't managed wthout. The shiftable OMSP also earn a place in the top spot. Together, they're essential for group shots and any kind of photographing where you want the sim to stand completely still. I also love the 5-degree rotater OMSP from TSR, which has helped me out on a lot of occasions.

I also wouldn't be without my default replacement skins, eyes, eyelashes, and default pregmorphs for EAxis clothes.

Then there's baby clothes, hairs and accessories. I've had to make most of it myself - but I don't mind, because I love how the babies gain personality and look a lot less alike.

I also have an extensive collection of various mods and hacks, including too many poseboxes. I particularly love the ones by JD, Aikiea and Decorgal, along with the prop hack.

HOW did I ever live without the 5-degree rotator? Thank you SO, SO much for it~!

❈ "Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!" ❈
– Clairee Belcher, "Steel Magnolias"
Inventor
#10 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 12:10 PM
I use the simblender every time a townie walks by, to inspect the sim's character.
Life would be very dull without ACR - the Autonomous Casual Romance hack.
I use the tiny ceiling lights in all my buildings, to stop hanging lamps obstructing my view.
Theorist
#11 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I think for CAS one of the best custom items is the one that adds Body Shop sliders http://simmanipulator.forumotion.co...rs-added-to-cas You have to register for the download button to work.

Just popping in to say that registration is not required to download at Simmanipulor. Some links may not working though.

To stay on topic, it's difficult to choose. I'd say my default skins and eyes, ACR and Ennaedwyn's carpets.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 1:41 PM Last edited by AmandieLove : 26th Jul 2015 at 11:33 PM.
-All of Michelle's object recolors
-My maxis set extender CC
-Monique's PC
-all my default skin and clothing, as well as JackieGoOutside's maxis match custom eyes
-Gummilutt's Charity's fix for toddler energy gain on pet beds

These are just the few on the top of my head.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 1:53 PM
If I have to narrow it down, I would say everything by Sun & Moon over at PBK. I have at least one of their creations on every lot.
Link Ninja
#14 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 5:10 PM
Any of Triciamanly's lots.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#16 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 6:22 PM
All the TS3 Generations/University Life objects that were converted for TS2!
Mad Poster
#17 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmandieLove
-Gummilutt's fix for toddler energy gain on pet beds

I'd love to say that I did that, because oh so useful, but that's not one of my mods. But it's a funny mix-up, because my current project is related to toddlers and energy gain :P

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 10:36 PM
^That is Charity's.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#19 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 11:33 PM
LOL, thank you two! I could have sworn I remembered downloading that from you but I guess not!

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Mad Poster
#20 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 8:19 AM
I do not really have favourites, but i do have stuff that I love to use when building - rooftrims by Honeywell, the Sunday morning walls by Klaartjie; and several of Huge Lunatic's lights, especially the porch lights. Also the halogene spot lights by Jim07. Then there are the Simfused pots and plants. These would be the cc I use when building, if I use any cc at all, I love the Bari build set by Veranka.
I love recolors and especially Micelle's Ikea ones. I don't bother with cc furniture any longer, with the exception of Veranka's bathrooms and a number of pretty chairs. Pretty things I do like, though, and one of my favourite things to decorate with is the pumpkins from Mustlovecatz.
Hair are almost always from Fanseelamb, Trapping and Lidignata.
Clothing are from everywhere (depending on if I like it or not) but my men are normally dressed by Fanseelamb and my kids by Fakepeeps.
I am partial to plants and water statues and have way too many of those!
Mad Poster
#21 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 9:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Metamorp
Perhaps there are already a good handful of threads that already discuss the topic of favourite CC items, but couldn't resist making yet another. However, my question stands, what are some of your absolute favourite custom content items (be it CAS, Build or Buy Mode) that you just couldn't see yourself not having?
In the two years plus that I've been around here, I've seen two or three threads about favourite hacks, but I can't recall seeing anything about "ordinary" CC. So in answering this, I'm thinking more about clothing and furniture rather than hacks or hacked objects. Now for the most part my Sims and I are quite happy with Maxis furniture, so for me it's going to be clothing. And in that case, I think my absolute favourite are these shorts for teen boys from Simphany.com

Nearly all my teenage boys have at least one pair, and Andrew has no fewer than four pairs in different colours ("at 200 Simoleons a pair!", his mum adds). Andrew says, "I like them because they're short enough to be sexy but long enough to be respectable. I have a pair of ultra-short ones like Amar is wearing, and they're ok to wear for a hot date with Julian, but I really don't think they're appropriate for school -- well, not for me anyway. Amar goes to school dressed like that, but that's up to him. The school lets us wear whatever we please, but I have my own standards. (Actually Julian wears ultra-short shorts to school too. But. . . Julian is Julian! I think he has an aversion to clothes in general. I've been going steady with him for two and a half years and I've never seen him with a shirt on! Or long trousers! Or even respectably long shorts! But I don't think normal rules apply to Julian -- and I still love him to bits anyway!)"

You can download the Simphany.com shorts from here (and the following five pages or so -- each colour is a separate download). There is a link to the mesh. The shorts are available for children too, but not unfortunately for adults or elders. I wish someone would do a conversion for adults so Andrew and his friends can go on wearing their favourite clothes when they grow up. After appearing dormant for some time, Simphany.com is active again and seems to be open to suggestions, so I think I'll try suggesting an adult conversion. There really is a dearth of adult male shorts. They're all either knee length or longer or else ridiculously short (and sometimes paired with ludicrous footwear. I've never seem any "short but respectable" ones.

I downloaded these shorts at the very beginning of my game -- to be precise on 1sr December 2012, the day after I created Andrew and Gloria. The outfit that Amar is wearing is another one from my earliest Simming days, downloaded at about the same time as my Simphany shorts. I can't give a link to it because I can no longer find it anywhere. The file names and "mouse-over" descriptions suggest that they were made by Naver at Daum, but my anti-virus software doesn't trust Daum and the site is all in Korean anyway. So I haven't a clue what Naver's policy is or was, but I have made lots of recolours for use in my own game. Recolours and alpha edits are easy because the outfit is "painted on" a nude mesh. So in a sense it's another favourite, in the sense that I've used it a lot for recolours. I'm tempted to share them (including the originals with credits) on my LJ, unless and until I hear from Naver that she/he objects.

Today I have 3,576 files of CC (1.07 GB), but when I made my very first back-up on 12th December 2012 (a fortnight after I started), I already had 569 files in my Downloads folder, at that time completely unsorted. . . .Suggesting that my worst excesses at downloading were at the very beginning of my game. Even when I made him, Andrew had CC clothes in his wardrobe.

As for hacks, it took me a bit longer to get addicted to them. My very first one was Phaenoh's phone book, on joandsarah77's recommendation about the same time as that first back-up. It enabled Gloria to meet her boyfriend Garry, two Sims who were quite literally made for each other. (They're still going together -- and they still haven't got engaged -- the Romance aversion to commitment. Andrew thinks it's ridiculous -- they've been faithful to each other for years!) Today I have a number of hacks that are very important to the way I play: Jenflower's Homework Sometimes, Faster Fun, and the Sim Manipulator to name a couple. But my absolute favourite is Squinge's No More Fires, for the peace of mind it gives me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What a ridiculously long answer to a simple question!!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.