Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 4:29 PM
Default Cats have glitchy eyes
I adopted a kitten in game, when it aged up, I couldn't change its eyes. Then it had kittens and the kittens eyes were glitched too. This little tuxie appears to have no eye color at all. At first I thought maybe it was the non-default whiskers I'd installed but after removing them, the problem persists. Any new cat I create in CAS, I can edit the eyes, but the option disappears for tuxie, his brother and mother.

Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 6:13 AM
Commenting to add that toddler boys aging up do not have the default eyes I installed and I cannot edit them.
Scholar
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Commenting to add that toddler boys aging up do not have the default eyes I installed and I cannot edit them.

With toddlers, this happens when the default replacement eyes being used are broken by a patch, like when toddlers were released. I've seen some reports about eyes breaking for Cats and Dogs. I'm guessing that's what's happened to you. I'm not sure why Cats and Dogs broke them though. With the release of toddlers, it was because the eyes had to be enabled for toddlers, but as far as Cats and Dogs I'm not sure what happened.

I use these eyes and have been for over two years. They've never broken and they're really pretty - realistic, but still Maxis Match.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 12:58 AM
I reset my folder and the boy's eyes are fine again, but the cat's eyes are still glitching. It's only happened to cats adopted as kittens or born in the game. I used to use those eyes too but I prefer a different set.