Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 3:47 AM
Excellent tutorial! Having the screen shots made it very easy to follow. Thank you so much for taking the time to post this. ^_^!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 4:59 AM
Great Turtorial I like it alot and it realy helped me alot
Test Subject
#78 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 2:36 PM
Where can I download the CAS house? Or is that allready in the game? Great tutorial, by the way!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#79 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 8:23 PM
bootukuh, follow the directions in the tutorial. Carefully. Read.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#80 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 2:16 PM
Yes, I hadn't read it well, sorry, I'm blond=D
Test Subject
#81 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 10:04 AM
How do you make your CAS Screen return to normal ?
Test Subject
#82 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 11:03 AM
By deleting the extra file you've made I think
Test Subject
#83 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 7:04 PM
I dont know what's wrong its not working, i read the tute 5-6 times and it's not in the bin..

Sims2 POWER!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#84 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 11:02 AM
Uhm, the tutorial is step by step and includes pictures, tamadude, I don't really know what to suggest, other than following very carefully each step, and making sure you're doing it for your most recent EP.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Instructor
#85 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 12:38 PM
great tutorial!
and "Play Girl"... your CAS house is great congrats for it!
Instructor
#86 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 8:54 PM
Heya Vashti, first off, thanks for the wonderful clear tutorial! I'm loving my custom CAS.

However, I wanted to bring to your attention a potential issue you might consider addressing next time you revise.

With Pets installed, stray animals can wander through a custom CAS (I've seen several reports so I know it isn't just me) and some of the modders over at MATY think this could cause a potential neighborhood meltdown by cramming the 'hood with junk files. Besides which, it's just a bit creepy--I had a master wolf staring in the door, watching with his glowing eyes as I made a dog the other day! Also had a mutt come in and trash one of my family-room armchairs!

A couple of possible fixes have been suggested, and I updated my CAS using both and haven't seen any strays since. The discussions are linked below:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...topic,7388.html

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...842#post1587842

Thanks again...
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 8:48 PM
uh i can't find that file"TSData" it is probally because i have the tiland versun please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"MARIOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"- Princess Peach
Part-time Hermit
#88 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 1:38 PM
taylorlambert, are you sure you're looking under Program Files and not My Documents?
Test Subject
#89 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 5:57 PM
Wonderful tutorial!!! Do you by chance know how to remove the ugly blue menu for screenshots other than the camera shot that makes the picture too small for screenshots?
Test Subject
#90 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 4:42 AM
Awesome tutorial! My CAS now looks like this:

Unfortunantly I have a problem. I have Seasons installed and when I go into CAS my Sims are constantly freezing from cold. Anyone else have this problem and any ideas how to fix it?
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 1:45 AM
Awsome great tut, but i was wondering i wanted my cas to be like a cas at the entrance to a cathedral is it possible to have custom content and have a spot with no walls. (PS im not tyying to make the sims on CAS be on a stage,foundation)

B.B.s Back!!! See this Thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/member/showthread.php?t=264996
Keep your eyes peeled for my new medieval goodies set
P.S. I will Not be Retiring
Instructor
#92 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by silentkate
Awesome tutorial! My CAS now looks like this:

Unfortunantly I have a problem. I have Seasons installed and when I go into CAS my Sims are constantly freezing from cold. Anyone else have this problem and any ideas how to fix it?

Several people are working on figuring this and the stray problem out over at MATY. Stay tuned!
Test Subject
#93 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 12:21 AM
Default Fix For Freezing Sims
Marvine posted in another thread about using Numenor's base game starter with it set to launch Open For Business only and making a CAS screen in OFB instead of Seasons. Because the screen was created in OFB it didn't have the Seasons freezing glitch. I tried creating my CAS using Numenor's base game starter on OFB and it worked for me as well.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#95 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 7:20 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 16th Mar 2007 at 3:20 AM.
Thanks silentkate!

Test Subject
#97 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 8:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by silentkate
Marvine posted in another thread about using Numenor's base game starter with it set to launch Open For Business only and making a CAS screen in OFB instead of Seasons. Because the screen was created in OFB it didn't have the Seasons freezing glitch. I tried creating my CAS using Numenor's base game starter on OFB and it worked for me as well.

If you do this, can you use cc from other EP's? I've gotten the new CAS I created to work but they all act like they are freezing in mine too. I went back and put a roof on it and resaved it ect, but still have the same thing happening.
I'm guessing that the picture in picture thing that keeps popping up is because of the pets? I don't see one in the pic, only the brick wall. Would the other fix mentioned take care of this little nuisance?
Great tute, thanks so much for sharing this information!
Oh, and I have all EP's and SP's except for the holiday one and I've used Windkeepers mods to remove the other stuff that wouldn't go away in the original CAS.
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 12:01 AM
This tute was so easy that I made this with it.
Test Subject
#99 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 12:36 PM
how many CAS screens can you have? 1 2 3??
So if there was like 3 when you go into CAS once it would one then if you go back to the neighbourhood then back in it would be a coplete different one!
Is That Possible?

FAT IN A JAR - 99.9% FAT FREE!!!!!!
Instructor
#100 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mrscrockett
If you do this, can you use cc from other EP's? I've gotten the new CAS I created to work but they all act like they are freezing in mine too. I went back and put a roof on it and resaved it ect, but still have the same thing happening.
I'm guessing that the picture in picture thing that keeps popping up is because of the pets? I don't see one in the pic, only the brick wall. Would the other fix mentioned take care of this little nuisance?

mrscrokett, you need to use the latest EP you own before Seasons so only the CC made for Seasons only won't be available - this still leaves a lot of choice; you'll need to put the items you need in the specific BaseGame Starter folder though, since it creates a new game folder for every EP you want to run separately; refer to the BaseGame Starter thread for more details.
The other problem is related, using the BaseGame Starter and an earlier EP to make your CAS will fix that - at least it did for me.
Page 4 of 11