Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2009 at 1:44 AM
Default Can the NEW age of YOUNG ADULTS have babies in TS3
i really want to know if the can have babaies.
how old is a young adult in human years?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 1st May 2009 at 2:08 AM
I'd say since each sim "day" is like a year our time in terms of how long each stage lasts, that
3+4+8+8=23
Hmm, I guess that makes your first year of YA be when you're 23? Maybe I'm a little off? Or actually, that sounds about right.
Instructor
#3 Old 1st May 2009 at 2:58 AM
I would think if YA is suppose to replace the "adult" stage as the default age of starting out in life, then you could have children then. It would be kind of odd to have to start popping out kids at "Middle Age".

As for what YA is suppose to be... in reality, it covers the 18-23ish years, but in the sims I think it's suppose to 18-29ish. I imagine if they introduce University at some point, YA is the age you would be able to start it, but I don't think it's really known yet.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st May 2009 at 3:10 AM
Yes they can have babies. And I'm guessing the age would be 20s.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 1st May 2009 at 3:54 AM
Going by the rule of 6, the young adults would be 18 to start.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st May 2009 at 4:31 AM
I think YA is 18 to 25. I do that in my game anyways xD
Theorist
#7 Old 1st May 2009 at 5:04 AM
From what I've read, not only do they have babies, but they are more fertile than the next age group.
#8 Old 1st May 2009 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misty
From what I've read, not only do they have babies, but they are more fertile than the next age group.

Well that would make sense and i hope they can have kids!
Inventor
#9 Old 2nd May 2009 at 12:03 PM
yeah, me too!
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd May 2009 at 4:17 PM
YA Males could have children in TS2, so I would guess the same rings true for both sexes since University is not a block for the ladies.
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th May 2009 at 2:19 AM
huh? sims can have kids in Uni for sims 2?
Field Researcher
#12 Old 4th May 2009 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by squzalkitty
huh? sims can have kids in Uni for sims 2?

No, young adult sims in the Sims 2 can't have babies ... not unless you have a hack.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 4th May 2009 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anjelstar76
No, young adult sims in the Sims 2 can't have babies ... not unless you have a hack.

Well, I don't know about that, I guess it's really just a technicality. I don't use any pregnancy hacks for teens or anything because I don't like that. However, I did get a male Sim pregnant during college by Aliens (viewing through the telescope), and while I heard they can't "have" the babies during college, I did manage to get him out of college and into a home in time to have the baby. I just didn't let him go through graduation. Of course when you leave college you become an adult, but I did get him pregnant during college. I'm thinking I also got a girl pregnant during college as well, but I didn't send her home in time and she wound up not being pregnant anymore when she graduated.

Oh, yeah, and they can get married during college too, so I don't see why they couldn't get pregnant if they can get married. I think, like I said above, it just has something to do with not being able to give birth while in college. Just get them out of school and into a regular neighborhood and you should be able to give birth.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#14 Old 4th May 2009 at 7:14 PM
momicajack, in an unhacked Sims 2 game, YA Sims can get engaged, but not married. Female YA Sims definitely can't get pregnant without a hack. Sounds like you have a hack installed.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 24th May 2009 at 10:08 PM
Sorry, but no, no hacks for getting married. I did have a telescope that let you make the aliens come and get you, so that may be how he got pregnant, but either way, he was still able to maintain the pregnancy and since I didn't let him go all the way to graduation (for fear of losing the baby, since I had heard others saying their pregnant sims were no longer pregnant after graduating) I didn't go through with the graduate part and just sent him home. Soon as he got home he went into labor and had the baby.

In any event, I didn't have any sort of hack that allows you to get married at school. The only mod hacks I've had (besides the telescope) was the one for nightlife that gave you different abilities for your vampires and the no-censor blur thing. And if you recall, the Nightlife came out AFTER the University one. I have even used Delphy's organizer on my game and looked to see what hacks, if any, might be in it. Nothing in there other than what I've mentioned above, so I'm confused.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 24th May 2009 at 10:16 PM
momicajack, mangaroo is defiantly right. In an unhacked game, YA (in uni) can't get married, engaged yes, but married - no.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 24th May 2009 at 11:23 PM
Yet, you mean..... *evil smile*
Field Researcher
#18 Old 24th May 2009 at 11:50 PM
Lol! Annie!

Well then something must have come in by way of downloading something I guess. It didn't show up in the organizer though.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 25th May 2009 at 12:00 AM
Momi, I have faith in our modders. They are the best ever, always whenever. I saw sims in high heel in TS2. I saw long hairs. EAxis didn't make those. Our teens got prego (that ois a sad reality, but it is reality). We had cars without NL. Not to mention the adult mods (not the place, huh?). People at Inge's site are working. The same about Pescado. If the pirate game is the fina version, I don't know. I don't have it, but it was very handy to our "magicians" to make art!!

*hugs*
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 27th May 2009 at 3:59 PM
yea, they can have babies! '=) Teens should be able to have babies too, that would be interesting
Forum Resident
#21 Old 27th May 2009 at 4:11 PM
Bad-and-ugly, sources plox?
Field Researcher
#22 Old 27th May 2009 at 5:03 PM
Does anyone know how long each age group lasts?

And since you also can change how long your sims live, can you also change that for each age group or do all age groups last fewer days when you give your sims a shorter life?
Instructor
#23 Old 27th May 2009 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RealGanacampo
Does anyone know how long each age group lasts?

And since you also can change how long your sims live, can you also change that for each age group or do all age groups last fewer days when you give your sims a shorter life?

As far as I have heard, all age groups last for fewer days if you give your sim a shorter life
Field Researcher
#24 Old 28th May 2009 at 6:17 PM
Thanks for the answer. ;-)

Would have been weird otherwise.
Instructor
#25 Old 28th May 2009 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RealGanacampo
Thanks for the answer. ;-)

Would have been weird otherwise.

It would of been wouldnt it? NO worries, glad to have helped!
Page 1 of 2