Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 10:57 AM
Default Sims 3 Expansion Packs? Abilities?
Hurm.. Is there already a thread with this title.. I'm sorry for making a new one.. as always..I'm sooooo lazy to look around for one.. lol...

Well.. what do you guys think? A Sims 3 Expansion pack..wouldn't that be REALLY cool.. What EP would you want then?

Here's my ideas..

Work and School EP(Weird name..so.. they sure have to change it..)
Business?(Will that be in Sims 3?)
Pets?(They didn't mention any pets in Sims 3)
Jets and Planes.. (Woah...that would be SUPERB)

If I list more..I'll be wasting my mum's money..hahhaha...

I'll find more ideas to put up..
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 1:11 PM
I think its already confirmed that there will be expansion packs, but I hope they don't just remake all the same ones over and over, like pets and vacations. If they do add those features that have been in past sims games, I hope they combine them. I'm probably not the only person who was disappointed with both the Unleashed and Pets expansions.

But anyway, my suggestions for expansion packs would be:

An animal pack - instead of just cats, dogs and birds we could have LOADS more animals, maybe zoos and wildlife, and you could have a pet spider or snake :D

A remake of Freetime could be good, but only if its done well. I was disappointed with FT because I didn't think there was enough hobbies or things added to the game (and also the constant telephone calls and people showing up at your house annoyed me-_-). I feel like there's a lot more they could do with that expansion pack.

Oh also I want WEATHER back!! Thats one thing I'm really going to miss from sims 2.

Call me Kay please :)
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dristina
Pets?(They didn't mention any pets in Sims 3)

That's not entirely true....
the first ever video had a goldfish in it! :D

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 2:38 PM
I mostly want remakes. Here's my list, from most wanted to least wanted:

Seasons- We HAVE to have weather back
Superstar- Loved everything about this EP.
Free Time- Would love an improved hobby system and more emphasis on sports
Open for Business- Would be so cool to run a business in the seamless neighborhood
Bon Voyage- Could be extroadinary if made right
Pets- For the pets LOL
Makin' Magic- Never played it but heard it was really fun, so I'd like to experience it in TS3

For all new EPs, I'd also like a Work and School EP, a Family Life EP, a historical EP, and an extraterristrial EP.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Alchemist
#5 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 4:09 PM
I wants Pets and Weather and then they can do whatever they want expansion wise
Field Researcher
#6 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 4:29 PM
Wouldn't this be great: "All in one" EP?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Dec 2008 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
a historical EP, and an extraterristrial EP.

That would be amazing =O
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Dec 2008 at 6:59 AM
I would prefer all Originals, than any TS1 or TS2 remakes, that includes Pets, I made the big mistake of buying it twice, I definately won't buy it the 3rd time round.

And Vacation/Bon Voyage, are just plain boring, I have no sense of actually being 'somewhere else'.
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 6:27 AM
I think the most useful thing to do would put all of the expansions that came out in the second and put them as standards (that come with the game) in the third. I mean... Casual people who have no jobs (like me, but I'm trying to change that) make their monies a few ways... Some of which are rather naughty! (not really, lol.) and can't afford expansion packs every so often.

I just hope that their expansion packs will be good. I don't have the games for the computer, but I've got 3 preordered and am looking forward to it.
Instructor
#10 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 12:29 AM
A pack focused on creatues and stuff
build vampire castles, uh, Alien UFO's, and many other things
Scholar
#11 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 1:41 AM
The ultimate expansion pack- THEME PARKS! Build them, perfect them, and then take your entire sim family for a visit! Can you imagine how the personality traits might come into play?

A zoo and aquarium pack would be awesome as well.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 1:45 AM
I love the pets expansion! I hope they do something similar for Sims 3. And an expansion with weather too :-) Other than that I'd like to see more animals, like zoo/farm animals (maybe included in the same EP as pets), and a vacation one too. Other than that I'm not too fussed really. Maybe something like Freetime with hobbies and sports etc.
#13 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 2:21 PM
Oh, I hated Pets. If they do pets again, I hope they do it right. The only thing cool about that EP was the creature, but it's SO HARD to get the damn wolf to bite you.

If they do Pets, I hope they add real pets. I mean, cats and dog are a given,*yawn* I have my iguana I'd love to see simed or my snake. Spiders would be awesome, dragons, FARM ANIMALs. I try to make farmlands and I have no cows or sheep to put on the lot. BIRDS that FLY, like they were going to do with seasons but never got around to getting that right.

Yeah, I would love to see a Pets EP IF and only IF they do it right this time.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PenChris
Oh, I hated Pets. If they do pets again, I hope they do it right.

Well they buggered up twice, you couldn't expect them to do it right the third time round.

But Sims2 Birds CAN Fly, try leaving your cage door open sometimes.
#15 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 3:47 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot. I rarely get the bird, but my son had his flying around. What I meant was outside. Looking up in the sky and seeing birds. That would be nice.
Test Subject
#16 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 10:04 PM
i would really like it if they included some of the stuff from the old expansion packs in the Sims 3 without having to buy a new EP. Not ALL of the stuff or else they will lose money, but at least a FEW of them.
#17 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 10:18 PM
Is it me, or does anyone else think they will include wondering around to neighbors' houses in a EP? Like in the base game, your stuck in the house unless you go to a community lot. The whole thing with wandering around seems like they will include it in another EP.

I just hope they do another Superstar! I was so hoping for that in the sims 2. But didn't even see it. Then they didn't include a career for being in the entertainment busniess. Which sucks!
Test Subject
#18 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 11:48 PM
I think it would be AWESOME to have a Natural Disaster EP, where earthquakes/tornadoes/hurricanes just happen randomly. Maybe if it came with a Seasons EP it could also be related to what time of year it was (ie hurricanes in summer and fall). And probably and SP like H&M, that's just Maxis match clothes. I personally think the S2 EP's are fine, and several of em I'd like to see in TS3.
#19 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 11:48 PM
Im just saying, last time they did something like that in the promos for the sims 2, they promoted cars, and we didn't recieve them until Nightlife... So, im just saying...
#20 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 11:55 PM
I hope they have another bv and al, and maybe pets.

But other than that, I agree with most of everyone else's ideas.

Maybe a stuff pack could be like a crime one,where they give you like more clothes and objects and stuff. idk, just an idea.
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 5:27 PM
First off, I hope they put Servo in the base game. I love servos.

I hope they make one like AL, I've never bought it because I was getting really sick of the sims 2, but having apartments and magic is pretty cool.

Superstar was really awesome as well, but I think they may already have elements of fame in the base game? Or at least that's my impression.

Vacation would be fun, and they could maybe include weather in that one, because it could tie in with different climates.

OFB was a good expansion pack, in my opinion. If they remade that one, I wouldn't be disappointed. It created a challenging new way to play, which is the point of a good expansion pack.

If they made a university or a school expansion pack, I would really have to be convinced in order to buy it. University was boring because it was all homework and college lasted way too long. Plus, I never want to see my sims at work or school. I spend most of my days wishing I wasn't at work or school, and if I went home to play people who were at work or school, it would not be a very fun game in my opinion.

Pets I would not buy. I don't hate animals, I just don't love them THAT much. Not only that, but they tend to just come to your house and dig holes in your lawn. And pee on your patio. And dig through your garbage. And bite your sims. Several things that make them very unpopular with me.

I would really like games with new kinds of neighborhoods, like perhaps a space neighborhood, old timey neighborhood, and a medieval neighborhood. Just some ideas.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 5:53 PM
See, I just wish, that all these wonderful ideas would be put into the base game.
I am getting so sick of EA laundering money off of us, and their lack of respect for the mac players as well. I've been forced to switch to bootcamp because they never even released AL or FT for Mac, and no SP past glamour life.

I know they need to earn money, but they aren't going to get it treating us with this lack of respect.

potterhead
call me bria
#23 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 6:52 PM
I'd like a carnivel ep.I'd also like to see a dating ep so the movie theater will open up and no longer be a rabbit hole.Also seasons,holidays,vacations and apartments would be awesome.
Instructor
#24 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 9:40 PM
Since we'll have mountains and ocean, i'd like to see Skiing, Snowboarding, Sledding, Surfing etc when they release a seasons or vacation. The snowboarding in Sims 1 was pretty lame and they never even had one for Sims 2.
Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 10:14 PM
I liked all of the EPs (except Nightlight. I only liked the addition of cars.) but I felt some could be merged. I don't think something like Freetime or Pets needs its own EP.

I'd like...

- an EP that adds weather and vacations
- an EP that adds careers (like OFB?) where you can go to work with the sims and also adds college. I don't think UNI added enough gameplay to justify its own EP either. Careers/OFB/Schooling are related enough (college is kind of like someone opening a business I'd say, in relation to added gameplay) to put into one EP.
- an EP that is like apartment life and free time put together
- an animal EP. Pet stores, pets (more than cats and dogs etc.), animal shelters, farm animals (for those sims who live in the country)

I'd also love a family kind of EP where there are lots of additions for baby, toddler and child interactions. I think it's silly all you can really do with a baby is feed them and hold them. Make strollers so you can take your baby (and toddler) to the park or to the beach. Make it where you can hold your baby and toddler while sitting. Make a rocking chair where you can sit with them. Make it where a toddler learning to walk can take a little tumble, cry and the parents can comfort them. Make it where teen sims can babysit their siblings and or take their baby/toddler siblings out as well. With all of the focus on sims not being restricted to their lot, I think the babies and toddlers should finally be able to get out as well.

Make a "hire babysitter" option rather than a nanny. If the parents want to go to the movies, I'd like to see a neighborhood teen be able to watch over the kids. Could make for interesting gameplay with rowdy kids especially.
Page 1 of 5