Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#651 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 6:56 PM
I love love love it! I've read that a lot of people don't like the cartoony, more soft look of the Sims, but I adore it. It makes me love them so much more (and will probably make it a lot harder to kill them!) I am all for the new look.

nom nom nom nom
Advertisement
Test Subject
#652 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pooky213
I prefer TS2 faces, but of course that is with all the great custom content I have from here! So, I will just have to wait for the creative folks to start sharing their cool stuff.

I think you hit the nail on the head. It seems like not everyone is taking this into account. Sure, with really awesome CC, TS2 sims look pretty good. BUT, take all of that away and compare a base game TS2 sim to a base game TS3 sim, and the Sims 3 sim will absolutely pale the former in comparison.

Also, the fact that their faces are a bit more rotund only makes them more endearing in my eyes. They're like the Pillsbury Doughboy--I just want to poke them and make them giggle
Lab Assistant
#653 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:32 AM
I played the game, and i really really don't like how they look, i don't know! there is something wrong about them..

After i played TS3, i played TS2, and then said to myself, wow! how beautiful are sims in TS2 !!! even without custom content.
Field Researcher
#654 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by love247_jo
After i played TS3, i played TS2, and then said to myself, wow! how beautiful are sims in TS2 !!! even without custom content.

*fighting temptation to post a picture of Goopy from TS2*

Instructor
#655 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:58 AM
I like how they look. They remind me of clay animation
Instructor
#656 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by freelancergal
*fighting temptation to post a picture of Goopy from TS2*

This is exactly my reaction every time I read a complaint about TS3 Sims!

The new Sims may be ugly, but never forget what preceded them!
Test Subject
#657 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 1:04 AM
To be honest, I actually like the look of Sims 3 faces better even than Sims 2 with custom content. Most of the custom content for faces made Sims 2 sims look like... I don't know, just creepy. Uncanny Valley effect maybe, I don't know, but I couldn't stand it. Like the faces were painted on, and they were made up like those creepy kid-models in Little Miss Sunshine.

Sims 3 may be cartoonish, but they have a more natural feel to them.
Instructor
#658 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fobok
Like the faces were painted on, and they were made up like those creepy kid-models in Little Miss Sunshine.

Yes! I would see the Sims people made in TS2 to look "realistic" and they're creepiness would haunt me! It's like those weird little model girls! Bleh!
Lab Assistant
#659 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 1:09 AM
What I personally noticed is sims tend to have huge foreheads. The best way I found out to remedy this now is to initially keep a sim bald. Up the length of a face, and then heighten the nose, mouth and chin to compensate. THEN do the hair. If you start adjusting the face in the standard position you easily get the pudding-face effect. You can then also narrow the face a little so the sim ends up with a well proportioned head.
Page 27 of 27