Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2008 at 10:58 PM
Default What will be the first thing you do?
What will be the very first thing that you do when you get the game installed on your desktop? I know what the first thing that I will do:

First I will get the taste of the game, and then I will quickly go into CAS and make a sim me, which will be fun because I can not only define the features but I can make the sim EXACTLY like me, then from there I may start my own legacy after so.

So my question to you is, what are you going to when you first get the game installed onto your desktop?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 29th May 2008 at 11:05 PM
Make a CAS sim and try out new interactions on him.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 29th May 2008 at 11:10 PM
That sounds just about what I'll do. I'll just make a CAS of myself and maybe a husband and kid and then explore the game. I pretty much can't wait for it to come out, I just have to get a new desktop, lol. (I'm in need of a new one anyway, but I can't get one for awhile because I just bought a Macbook a few months ago)
Scholar
#4 Old 29th May 2008 at 11:12 PM
Probably like in the Sims 2 I will choose a family (it was the Capp in Veranoville the first time), test the game 20 minutes and than go in the CAS to make a Sim who have great chances to be the founder of my first and mythical family. :D
#5 Old 30th May 2008 at 3:32 AM
I'm going to make a total ho bag and have her have as many kids with as many different people as possible.. XD
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th May 2008 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nekochanpurr
I'm going to make a total ho bag and have her have as many kids with as many different people as possible.. XD

LOL

I'm gonna wonder why I spent so much on TS2, but really build a house
#7 Old 30th May 2008 at 5:43 AM
Hmm.. first I would probably make a sim me with a husband. Impregnate sim me and play for like 2 generations to get a hold of game play

dlfjsd all this talking about it is making me so excited!
Instructor
#8 Old 30th May 2008 at 8:36 AM
I think I'll have to start out by playing a family and testing out the game. After that, I'll make a sim or two. CAS will take too long because of all the possibilities. It's a tough decision, but I know I'll play first.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 30th May 2008 at 8:55 AM
I'm going to do pretty much the same - make a self sim and go exploring! When I got TS2, I made a self sim and launched right into the game without really having any idea how to keep her alive, etc. That was a lot of fun, because the first few days were so challenging and interesting. I'm anxious to hear more about the features in TS3, but at the same time, I don't want to know too much. For me, half the fun is finding it out on my own through gameplay. It's fun to be surprised!
Instructor
#10 Old 30th May 2008 at 9:17 AM
I'll probably load up a pre-made family and have a play with new interactions, build mode/buy mode features and the free-roam environment. Then I'll go play with CAS :D
Forum Resident
#11 Old 30th May 2008 at 2:28 PM
I must be the only person that doesn't use CAS. I don't have a single CAS sim in my game currently (well, except when playing challenges).

I will start with the pre-made families and just keep playing through after that.
Scholar
#12 Old 30th May 2008 at 2:46 PM
I'd probably spend ages deciding which pre-made family to play with first, pick one, then change my mind, then play on another one... then suddenly remember CAS and run and make a new Sim (to look at new features).

Or all of the above reversed in order.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Scholar
#13 Old 30th May 2008 at 3:06 PM
I'll make a CAS couple and explore the game proberbly. Thats what I did when TS2 came out... so I'll proberbly do it for TS3 too.
#14 Old 31st May 2008 at 5:16 PM
KILL MORTIMER!

oh Sims 3... yeah CAS and explore the features.
Inventor
#15 Old 31st May 2008 at 6:36 PM
SAVE!! :D
There is going to be a save feature, right, so you can play through different choices? Before I do ANYTHING, I'm going to save. The first time I experiment with a game like the Sims, I really suck at it. I'm going to want to go back to a fresh start.
#16 Old 31st May 2008 at 7:16 PM
I'll do like with sims 2... play every pre-made family for ten minutes and explore the game with them. Then make a CAS sim and see the choices I have..

but anyway it's going to be a while untill I get the sims 3... I have a crappy computer and no money to buy a new one lol
Forum Resident
#17 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 12:45 AM
I think the first thing I would do, like many other people, is just mess around with the pre-made sims for a bit, before creating myself (as best as I can) as a sim. Then I'd try building a house, messing with the tools. Yeah, basically everything in the game.
Test Subject
#18 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 12:53 AM
I'll go through all the personality options and make what would basically be more advanced versions of my current Sims.
I wouldn't make myself, though, because I always found self-Sims a little creepy O.o
#19 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 11:34 PM
That sounds like exactly what I did for TS2, Nikiangelz. Except I used the stories to carefully choose a premade family and then accidently set somone's house on fire. I also killed Ophelia, but this time, I'll have learned my lesson: save.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 6:58 PM
make Ed, the blonde male sim i made in TS1 and TS2 and get him on a cheat code playing-with spree woot
Field Researcher
#21 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 6:11 PM
Probably play a maxis family for an hour, go downtown, check everything out.

Then set about changing the whole place to my taste, which will probably require CC, so I'll wait a month or two after it's been released to buy it.

Then I'll make a proto-type family for sims that I'll be able to make better later when I get more CC, and test out personailty traits. Then a sim me.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 6:15 PM
I'll probably destroy all the Maxis families and then go into CAS and create a single female Sim. Move her into an apartment (fingers crossed) and then just play around with all the new features.

I'd love to give her a job working as a waitress in a diner below where she lives and then at night have her explore the town and meet people. This is all speculative depending on what actually ends up being in the game of course (apartments, fingers crossed!).
#23 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 9:40 AM
I guess try to find some ways to kill off a sim I guess, so I could *ignore* the ways to kill a sim.

Ok, I just want to know it so if a sim is complaining or doing something stupid, they die. And I guess screw around, that is, if my POS laptop/computer can handle it.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 3:39 AM
mess with the premade sims, then run off to cas, make her/him insanely rich and build a dream home fit for 50.
#25 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 5:08 AM
Make me. Explore the houses and shops. I wonder if there will be any EP.
Page 1 of 5