Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2009 at 3:31 PM
Default New Riverview Trailer
It shows the new families and is narrated by Grant Reddick.
http://www.simsforums.net/general_s...er-t6269.0.html
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th May 2009 at 3:35 PM
*squeals* sooooo cool. God i cant wait till june 4th. . .
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th May 2009 at 3:55 PM
thanks!

Did anybody notice he kept saying the Offical sims 3 game?
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:06 PM
Yes I did.Grant Roadick wanted us to know this is the official version.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:17 PM
Thanks for the link! This trailer just cements my plan to go straight for Riverview and start my gameplay there.

:O)
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by freelancergal
Thanks for the link! This trailer just cements my plan to go straight for Riverview and start my gameplay there.

:O)

Me too! I'm a small town girl at heart so I fell in love with Riverview the second I laid eyes on it.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 29th May 2009 at 11:25 PM
I'm sticking with Sunset Valley for awhile (I fell in love with it when I saw it!! Plus I ♥ the characters) Riverview looks awesome too! I'll end up playing it after a while.

I fall up stairs.
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th May 2009 at 11:33 PM
Anyone think the casanova look like Don Lothario? If it is him, that would break the time-continuum. XD
Instructor
#9 Old 29th May 2009 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mayonaka47
Anyone think the casanova look like Don Lothario? If it is him, that would break the time-continuum. XD

Well, he does sort of "beam in." So, maybe he's traveling through time?

...And I'm am totally playing Riverview first. That video was very persuasive.
Test Subject
#10 Old 29th May 2009 at 11:59 PM
Y'know, I could see that if it's really him. XD
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#11 Old 30th May 2009 at 12:10 AM
Is it me or was the guy in this trailer the same guy that did the Big Ass Table parody ad? Sounded just like him. :P

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 30th May 2009 at 12:26 AM
The voice is similar, but I'm not sure whether it's the same guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZrr7AZ9nCY

Anyone else wonder if the Betty referred to in the Riverview video might be Betty Newbie from Sims 1?

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. ~ Katharine Hepburn
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th May 2009 at 12:56 AM
I believe that is truly the one and only Don Lothario, I remember reading about it but can't remember where.
Theorist
#14 Old 30th May 2009 at 1:01 AM
Don Lothario has been reported to be in Riverview. The last guy sure does look like Don, so I think it's safe to assume that's him. Seems like he did travel through time.

The trailer made me a lot more interested in Riverview. Now I really am convinced that this neighborhood could be as good as Sunset Valley. I can't wait to play both!
Instructor
#15 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:10 AM
Well, my thoughts on this are; they have hinted Don Lothario teleported into Riverview. Ok, that does kind of mess up their timeline, but since he appeared in Pleasantview rather mysteriously (supernatural creatures or not), I think they are trying to insinuate that he's an alien of some type.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Theorist
#16 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:11 AM
I figured he came to Riverview simply so he could find some new girls to woohoo with. Maybe in the future time travel is invented so then Don has the technology.

I wished there was an HD version of this trailer. Anyone know where we can find one?
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th May 2009 at 5:00 AM
Looks awesome!
And OH MY GOD, IS THAT DON LOTHARIO?!?!?! I seriously, seriously hope that is Don. This makes me so happy, he's my favorite sim from the second game ever, and if they included him again? Ohhh, man. Now I'm hyped up. XD I dunno if it is him or not, I guess we will have to wait and see...
Instructor
#18 Old 30th May 2009 at 5:31 AM
o0o0oh cool. riverview looks really nice. will it be really unlocked or do you need to buy it?
Instructor
#19 Old 30th May 2009 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aya_Alexa
o0o0oh cool. riverview looks really nice. will it be really unlocked or do you need to buy it?

You can download it for free as soon as you register your game.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 30th May 2009 at 5:59 AM
Ugh . . . this is why I want to move to America . . . Early Release dates lol :P

I have to wait till thursday, but I am soooooo getting Riverview. I live in a country town, just like that here in Australia. It looks so peaceful and tranquil . . . heaven!
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 30th May 2009 at 6:10 AM
Him being an alien would explain why Bella was last seen on his roofpad and was soon abducted by aliens.

I would have preferred for Don to be a toddler in the game, along with Dina and Nina Caliente. That's a more realistic approach. I think I'll do this instead when I get Riverview.
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 30th May 2009 at 6:35 AM
MJ Chun confirmed Don is in Riverview.That's him.He just isn't tan anymore.In the sims 2 he had tan 2 skin.In Riverview he's white.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 30th May 2009 at 7:05 AM
He still looks tan to me.

"Go on, the world is your canvas."
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 30th May 2009 at 1:41 PM
Oh, cool, sloppy heartbreaker Don is in the place!
I like how the map of Riverview seems to be inspired from Paris. Of course it's waaaaay more rural than Paris actually is, but you can totally see the inspiration from the Seine and the middle island. Can't wait to change its look to make my home, former places and my office where they actually are on the map !
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 30th May 2009 at 2:18 PM
I think MJ Chun said that Don Lothario would be in the game, though that means he's much older than we thought.

I'm wonder if "Betty" is actually Betty Newbie? Brandi Broke's mom?

I am a sweet, fluffy bunny. I live in a golden meadow surrounded by unicorns and butterflies. I have 10 nice points.

Better?
Page 1 of 2