Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 11:51 PM
Default Does MATY mean to say SecuROM is in?
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,14987.0.html

Taken from MATY:

Quote:
1. LACK OF SECUROM IS TOTAL LIECAKE: Game attempted to phone home and whined about activation when DENIED. YOU CAN HAZ SECUROM!

Do they mean Securom is still in? I will buy the game no matter what, but I thought I should bring this up.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 11:56 PM
I've heard it's not on the disc...but if you try to download anything from the TS3 site, you get a happy little bundle of SecuROM. Also, someone on the TS3 forum was complaining about having troubles with their computer not recognizing their disc....which sounded suspiciously like the troubles I had with the nasty program in question.
Instructor
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:01 AM
Here's the link again: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/284.page

There are people responding. The user has vanished. Perhaps they solved the problem?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 1:49 AM
If it has SecuROM, that sucks for us because we paid good money for a game that should have been out earlier in the year! The least they could do is honor our wishes and leave the crap out of it. Like they always say, "The customer is ALWAYS right."

Personally speaking, I have a good computer that I paid good money for just to be able to run TS2, TS3 and Second Life beautifully. If they mess up my PC, sh*t will hit their fan. I'm sure many of you can agree with me. *gets pitchfork ready*
Instructor
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by -Chrissi-
Like they always say, "The customer is ALWAYS right."

Having been a customer many times in my life, and knowing that sometimes I am wrong, I have learned that this statement is not true. However, if a company supplies me with a service, it is their duty to make sure that whatever they do for me is done right. A plumber who messes up my plumbing when he/she is supposed to be fixing it, has got some serious explaining to do.

Quote: Originally posted by -Chrissi-
If they mess up my PC, sh*t will hit their fan. I'm sure many of you can agree with me. *gets pitchfork ready*

If the specter of Securom comes to haunt me again, I have to admit, I will be in a bit of a pitchforky mood.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 2:03 AM
I'm almost willing to bet my car that the store bought game will NOT have securom.
Instructor
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pinkmonkey
I'm almost willing to bet my car that the store bought game will NOT have securom.

Just because I enjoy a good wager...What kind of car do you have?
Theorist
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 2:38 AM
Quote:
Like they always say, "The customer is ALWAYS right."

Yeah. SURE they are. That's why someone very clever put up this website and employees of various companies post their horror stories there.

However, since someone from EA said there will be no SecuROM on the disk version of the game, there had best not be because that could definitely be grounds for a lawsuit. On the other hand, if they had it trying to install itself from the website (not saying they have, just speculating) I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.
Scholar
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 2:59 AM
Nice loophole. "It's not on the disc. It's on the download manager update you'll need to use to get any custom content. PSYCH!"
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 3:29 AM
Even if there is no SecuRom, that doesn't mean there won't be another, horrific program there. Back up anything important if you're worried- Murphy's law still applies.