Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 6:39 PM
You go here, http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s.../topic,7.0.html and then you pick a link corresponding to your latest expansion pack. If, for example, Apartment Life is your latest, you click on the first one: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/hacks/ and then download the no20Khandouts
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yukkuri Shiteite ne
Supernatural creatures didn't come in every expansion pack.
Seasons, UNI, and FT didn't.
(Well I think no playable ones.)

Seasons: Plantsims
Uni: Zombies
FT: .... Hobby sims

FT is really the only one without supernatural ones.
***EDIT***
Oops, perhaps I should read the whole topic before posting.
But, servos come with OFB not FT.

Think about it
My Journal/Legacy
Mad Poster
#28 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 7:23 PM
I don't think Servos are really supernatural. I think Data on Star Trek TNG.

I view Plantsims as mutations/genetic abnormalities. Still don't like them.

As far as Smart Milk, I view it as giving the child better nutrition, which makes their brain function better.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by junglewildchild
Seasons: Plantsims
Uni: Zombies
FT: .... Hobby sims

FT is really the only one without supernatural ones.
***EDIT***
Oops, perhaps I should read the whole topic before posting.
But, servos come with OFB not FT.

FT did have supernaturals: the genie from the lamp, and they also seem to have re-used zombies (I ran a short game in Desiderata Valley with all EPs save for Uni and NL, and I had Luis use the lamp to ressurect his wife...insta-zombie).

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Field Researcher
#30 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dadebabe09
That would be a great challenge to set up..."Reality Sims". Where you use the cheat aging off, set a calendar for 12 months, then play 28 - 31 Sim days/per month. Reset the season for your lot every three months. Start on Jan 1, and then keep track of everything...like vacations...you could only have 1 - 4 weeks depending on your career status. Then you go on a trip (BV EP needed). Celebrate all holidays (depending on your beliefs or the ones you have instituted in Sim City) (Celebration SP needed). Plan a wedding, throw a house party as a "birthday party" for everyone in the house, stuff like that. Practice safe woohoo, but if you have "9 months" to spare, then have your sim pregnant for that amount of time. And one week out of every month, then you don't woohoo at all, because...well...you know what I mean.

Some of my Sims don't work (they have careers that I have made for them in my stories). I pay them with money cheats. They could get aid once every 7 days or they could get paid 1 - 2 times/month. Pay the bills according to the game, but use a cheat (if you wanted to) to make the bills higher. Set New Year's resolutions and see if your Sims can attain them; lose weight, have a baby, get promoted, save up for a new house or a car, or something, (Just don't move them out in the year, because your clock will start over. Make it a goal and if they achieve it, move them out 13th month, day one.)

And add in as many hacks as your system will allow or that you feel comfortable with to help create the 'reality'. Breastfeeding, death, etc. Just a thought.

This would be awesome to go up as a challenge becuase then everyone would have thier own birthdays and such i'm going to use this idea now all i have to do is find a calender to use in game
Test Subject
#31 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mightywatermelon
I'm talking, how can we make the game more realistic?

Well... We can't re-design/add realistic things like; a more realistic birth, fights, doing laundry, etc.

But with mods, girls/women can have periods, teenage pregnancy, birth, and woohoo, miscarriages. ETC!

I wanna know, well, is their a mod I NEED for maximum realistic-ness!?

Thank you!
If you would settler for poses , there is a realistic birth one on Moonlightdragon.freeforums.org
Banned
#32 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stygia2002
When it comes to the whole "realism" thing, I have to respectfully disagree with: No alien abductions, bigfoot, ghosts and witches...just watch the discovery channel and you'll find people who've seen bigfoot and ghosts and who swear they've been abducted by aliens.

There are also people who swear that they are Napoleon, that squirrels are messengers from god, and who claim to have seen Elvis. I don't think much of the Discovery Channel, other than Mythbusters, in recent years. Same goes for the History Chasnnel. Too much woo.
I myself do wish there was a way to get rid of supernatural crap in the game.
Inventor
#33 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 12:51 AM
Look for hacks/ mods that you think would make your game more realistic. InTeen/ ACR/ realistic illness etc... There's a lot out there, you just have to find it.

I download lots of realistic clutter as well, like light switches, chords and adapters, piles of clothes/ rubbish, pretty much anything that you would find in the average household (though hopefully not piles of rubbish).
Mad Poster
#34 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 11:12 AM
It all depends on how realistically you want to play the game.

That eliminates most of the 'supernatural' aspects, and there's lots of stuff you can download to make your game far more realistic than it shipped out as-from skins to careers, there's hacks for nearly every single thing that can be altered.

You can avoid all the fluff and silly stuff if you wish-because the game is so versatile, thank goodness!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#35 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 5:24 PM
ooo - where are the chords and adapters Saturnfly? I love things like light switches. I have at least three of those in my DL folder.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#36 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mightywatermelon
I'm talking, how can we make the game more realistic?

Well... We can't re-design/add realistic things like; a more realistic birth, fights, doing laundry, etc.

But with mods, girls/women can have periods, teenage pregnancy, birth, and woohoo, miscarriages. ETC!

I wanna know, well, is their a mod I NEED for maximum realistic-ness!?

Thank you!

No, there is nothing for making them acting more real. You just have to hunt and hunt and hunt all mods and get what is making them seem a little more life-like. You probably have all that is in this category already. Sorry.
Scholar
#37 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 8:04 PM
Who says we AREN'T like the sims? Maybe someone somewhere is controlling our every action, every event that happens to us and controlling our destiny, who knows maybe someone above is pulling the strings to our lives
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 4:31 PM
This sounds interesting to say the least. But to play a sim for 31 days for 12 months to to age up one year seems like a long time for my short attention span. I was thinking this is a fantastic idea if I could just cut the time down some. It seems for me I would probably corrupt my hood before sims became an elder ... LOL

Quote: Originally posted by dadebabe09
That would be a great challenge to set up..."Reality Sims". Where you use the cheat aging off, set a calendar for 12 months, then play 28 - 31 Sim days/per month. Reset the season for your lot every three months. Start on Jan 1, and then keep track of everything...like vacations...you could only have 1 - 4 weeks depending on your career status. Then you go on a trip (BV EP needed). Celebrate all holidays (depending on your beliefs or the ones you have instituted in Sim City) (Celebration SP needed). Plan a wedding, throw a house party as a "birthday party" for everyone in the house, stuff like that. Practice safe woohoo, but if you have "9 months" to spare, then have your sim pregnant for that amount of time. And one week out of every month, then you don't woohoo at all, because...well...you know what I mean.

Some of my Sims don't work (they have careers that I have made for them in my stories). I pay them with money cheats. They could get aid once every 7 days or they could get paid 1 - 2 times/month. Pay the bills according to the game, but use a cheat (if you wanted to) to make the bills higher. Set New Year's resolutions and see if your Sims can attain them; lose weight, have a baby, get promoted, save up for a new house or a car, or something, (Just don't move them out in the year, because your clock will start over. Make it a goal and if they achieve it, move them out 13th month, day one.)

And add in as many hacks as your system will allow or that you feel comfortable with to help create the 'reality'. Breastfeeding, death, etc. Just a thought.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 7:18 PM
I don't really get the need for the game to be realistic - it's a game. It should be fun. One of the reasons my ways parted from Sims 3 is because they want me to look at hospital walls while a baby is born. (I don't have a hospital mod, I don't want one, I stay as far away as I can from hospitals in real life too). Pescado's mod can be found in the Apartment Life Director's Cut (of which I deleted most, including the 20K handout - I do not want to let my students go back to live with their parents (like my kids did )
Mad Poster
#40 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 8:10 PM
jimlisa912, if you're at all interested in playing "real time" as dadebabe09 suggested, you now have the option of using danny_power's Real Life for Sims and Pets, which wasn't around in 2010 when dadebabe09 posted. (Yes it is a 4-year-old thread, but please don't lock it mods, because it's an interesting one and still relevant!) I don't use that mod myself, partially because I don't have Seasons, but mainly because I find it just as easy to leave aging off until I feel it's time for my Sim to age up. My reason for playing aging off isn't so much realism as because I can't face the thought of my beloved Sims being dead only 90 days after being born. That's only 3 months -- we're hardly started at 3 months old! I don't think I'd want a realistic 9 month pregnancy though: I find it hard enough keeping my pregnant Sims alive and healthy for 3 days! I'd say that 3-day pregnancies are one of the great advantages that Sims have over us humans!

I think I play a fairly realistic game in that I try to keep supernaturals out (except for aliens in Strangetown), but I have to admit that, when I had elders and teens who couldn't get a job that paid enough to keep body and soul together, I let them grow money trees!
Scholar
#41 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 8:53 PM
With the vast assortment of mods we have now, you make the Sims as realistic as you want
Test Subject
#42 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 1:19 AM
the only thingt hat I miss in the Sims 2 since playing TS3 for a bit, is: different voices. Playing with multiple teens and kids in one family is confusing at times when they talk to each other or when one is in need of my attention somewhere in the house . I hear then shout but I have to click on everybody in the family until I find the complaining, whining sims. . Yes, I would have liked different voices. Also more different characters, but again, TS3 all have that... but I stopped playing that due to the lack of humour (and Gawd, I find those sims sooooooooooooooooooooo ugly).
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 2:30 AM
I agree I think just keeping the aging off is easier. That mod looks a bit more complex than I would want to deal with.

Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
jimlisa912, if you're at all interested in playing "real time" as dadebabe09 suggested, you now have the option of using danny_power's Real Life for Sims and Pets, which wasn't around in 2010 when dadebabe09 posted. (Yes it is a 4-year-old thread, but please don't lock it mods, because it's an interesting one and still relevant!) I don't use that mod myself, partially because I don't have Seasons, but mainly because I find it just as easy to leave aging off until I feel it's time for my Sim to age up. My reason for playing aging off isn't so much realism as because I can't face the thought of my beloved Sims being dead only 90 days after being born. That's only 3 months -- we're hardly started at 3 months old! I don't think I'd want a realistic 9 month pregnancy though: I find it hard enough keeping my pregnant Sims alive and healthy for 3 days! I'd say that 3-day pregnancies are one of the great advantages that Sims have over us humans!

I think I play a fairly realistic game in that I try to keep supernaturals out (except for aliens in Strangetown), but I have to admit that, when I had elders and teens who couldn't get a job that paid enough to keep body and soul together, I let them grow money trees!
Forum Resident
#44 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 5:05 AM
If you want The Sims to be realistic, make everybody be depressed and poor, then you'll have an accurate depiction of the real wold. :P
Link Ninja
#45 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bnefriends
If you want The Sims to be realistic, make everybody be depressed and poor, then you'll have an accurate depiction of the real wold. :P

and a majority overweight. Though overweight in the sims looks good, those sim ladies are pleasantly plump.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Page 2 of 2