Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#301 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 8:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyJW
Hah, have you seen the one where you play as the three girls, Yuna, Erika and that other one. Where they tried to appeal to both genders by having dress-up games and tons of fanservice, and where they defeated the bad guys with a song about love. That game is so terrible.

@Godus (someone mentioned it earlier) - That game is a glorified iPhone app. They would not get away with selling it at that price if it hadn't been because of Peter Molyneoux. I've bought a lot of shitty games, but that one is the only purchase I really regret.

Hi, JW, and Godus:

Surprisingly, I found FFX-2 with Yuna, Rikku and Paine to be a very challenging and fun gaming experience. It took me a long time to get past the "dress spheres" concept, but the game is loaded with a couple excellent mini games, and a couple optional adventures that I really liked. I never bother trying to get Tidus back. Screw the past. Yuna learns to live her own life! That's my favorite ending. Yep, the game is a "100% completion" challenge. I spend a lot of time online reading walkthroughs. At least no one has to fight a killer tomato in FFX-2. That made me crazy in (I think it was) FFXII.

I played FFX in the lonely Sims 3 years. However, I am and ever shall be a Simmer.

Any world created is a world alive. Nurture your creation as you would a child, then share it with others, and enrich this world we humans call Planet Earth.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#302 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 8:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mhahse57
Hi, JW, and Godus:

Surprisingly, I found FFX-2 with Yuna, Rikku and Paine to be a very challenging and fun gaming experience. It took me a long time to get past the "dress spheres" concept, but the game is loaded with a couple excellent mini games, and a couple optional adventures that I really liked. I never bother trying to get Tidus back. Screw the past. Yuna learns to live her own life! That's my favorite ending. Yep, the game is a "100% completion" challenge. I spend a lot of time online reading walkthroughs. At least no one has to fight a killer tomato in FFX-2. That made me crazy in (I think it was) FFXII.

I played FFX in the lonely Sims 3 years. However, I am and ever shall be a Simmer.

I just didn't like that they tried to make Yuna, who was already a strong and self-assured person by the last third of FF-X into a "strong independent female character"(TM) by having her jump around with pistols and nearly no clothes on. I get that the theme was kind of "Sin is gone and now we can enjoy our lives" but again, why does "enjoying your life" automatically mean running around in no clothes? Spira has cold areas as well! And you visit them!
I did like the Job system! And wished that there would have been some male characters so that I could get some fan service as well

And I agree with you, the ending where Tidus stays away is the best, the return ruins the ending of FF X.

And YES, the Battle System in FF XII sucked, I didn't even bother getting FF XIII because it has a similar one and by the looks of it FF XV will be even more action-rpg like.

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Theorist
#303 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mhahse57
Hi rkalanu:

I totally agree with all the Sims 2 folks. If you want to refresh your Simming, return to Sims 2, and add all the mods you can. I saved all my downloads from the game, so I feel fortunate that I can use content that modders have removed, or dead sites that did not make it to the graveyard. I plan to have Sims 2 ready in case I find Sims 4 (yep, I pre-ordered) to be as big a disappointment as I found Sims 3. I hated Sims 3. The art in Sims 2 is actually superior, even being not all "HD kewl". S2 was a masterwork, except for the stupid clothes, and lack of awesomely cool hairs, etc. All the awesome modders here and on other sites fixed that for me. I have been so excited to see all the new stuff that has been created for the game since the UC release. :lovestruc

Happy Simming!

I also saved all my TS2 mods and game saves and during the past days of reading and posting here have an overwhelming urge to get it reinstalled and start playing again. I've been going through the mods section and seeing some of the new ones (like pets sleeping on children's beds, etc.) and am getting as excited about the thoughts of playing again as I was over its release ten years ago. :D
Instructor
#304 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 3:30 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned but a game I would suggest (if going down the GTA route) is LA Noire! It's a fantastic game, you won't complete it very quickly and the storyline is brilliant in my opinion as there are a few unexpected twists. It's a sandbox game as well. "L.A. Noire is set in Los Angeles in 1947 and challenges the player, controlling a Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) officer, to solve a range of cases across five departments.[6] Players must investigate crime scenes for clues, follow up leads, and interrogate suspects, and the players' success at these activities will impact how much of each cases' story is revealed."
Locked thread
Page 13 of 13