Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#76 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperFake
The reason why I bought the Sims 3 was the open world. I had been dreaming about that since the first installment. The first thing I loved about Sims 3 was the fact that I had almost no loading times. Especially not when I was going from my home lot to a community lot and vice versa. Loading the game itself took me something like 2 minutes back than.

Sure. 11 expansions later and with a bunch of CC I have time to make coffee while the game is loading, So I should buy I game where I will get a loading screen every time I want to leave my tiny, flat home that has something like 3 % of the content I have right now?

....does not compute.

I don't know, that's your choice.

My choice is I'd rather have shorter load times if it means when I go to the club it will be active and fun. Not have 2 sims in there dancing and a lonely bartender. I wasn't really a fan of the open world, you are I guess. So it is completely fine that you won't by the game without it.

I'd be a fan of a open world if it meant shorter initial load times, little lag/hiccups, and that the world actually feels alive. Maybe they will have known how to do that with Sims 5, i dunno. But I'm happy that there is no open world because imo it bought more problems than fun.

EDIT: Also I want to add for the performance issues of Sims 3 I also play it on a SSD drive. It did help a lot.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by H.O.W
I don't know, that's your choice.

My choice is I'd rather have shorter load times if it means when I go to the club it will be active and fun. Not have 2 sims in there dancing and a lonely bartender. I wasn't really a fan of the open world, you are I guess. So it is completely fine that you won't by the game without it.

I'd be a fan of a open world if it meant shorter initial load times, little lag/hiccups, and that the world actually feels alive. Maybe they will have known how to do that with Sims 5, i dunno. But I'm happy that there is no open world because imo it bought more problems than fun.

EDIT: Also I want to add for the performance issues of Sims 3 I also play it on a SSD drive. It did help a lot.

Oh come on. It's been exactly the same back in Sims 2. In Sims 3 the key was searching one of those "hotspots" - and no, I wasn't too fond of that mechanic because it was completely random - and you had, well,.... 5 sims there. With the bouncer and the mixologist you could easily get up to 10 Which was more than any club back in Sims 2's downtown got back in the days, or even in Hot Date when you built your club on a big lot.

But that's not the point. How exactly do you KNOW that this will be any different in Sims 4?! You saw it in a trailer? like this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZcq9f72r2c

Oh boy. Maybe we deserve what we get after all.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 7:57 AM
Oh boy. Maybe we deserve what we get after all.

I can't say if that's a good or a bad thing though, considering we don't know yet if "what we get" is actually good or bad...
Instructor
#79 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 12:55 PM
I just love The Sims 3, and it's hard not to compare it with the news about The Sims 4. With all those lacks TS4 wouldn't catch my attention for longer time, than a week. We must face the fact, that TS4 is rather the game for children only... Everything looks so simplified...
Mad Poster
#80 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
I just love The Sims 3, and it's hard not to compare it with the news about The Sims 4. With all those lacks TS4 wouldn't catch my attention for longer time, than a week. We must face the fact, that TS4 is rather the game for children only... Everything looks so simplified...
*Cough* I'm not a child, although I do try to stay in touch with my inner child. From what I can see on this site alone, many adults, ranging from 20 to 50 + are interested in this game.

I've read quite a few guesses and assumptions as to what kind of person/simmer this game appeals to and almost all of them have been off. Based on that, my guess is that it's hard for those who are not interested in the game to truly appreciate why anyone would be.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
#81 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 5:16 PM
Loading times blah blah... CASt blah blah ... Does this game do anything to advance the quality of the lives of the Sim people, that is what I would like to know. The review/comparison does suggest some reasons for optimism, but maybe that's me reading what I want to read into it. What it really looks and feels like, and whether it's worth the sacrifices, I still can't tell; in other words, the article did not "get me off the fence" (i.e. sell me the game).
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 12:06 AM
I can't take seriously a game review that doesn't bother to note the specifications of the computer they played the game on. It's such a huge oversight that I have to assume that that's purposeful, and they're being disingenuous. Going to "System", where processor, memory, and harddrive info is listed isn't rocket science. I do appreciate the photos included, however.
Scholar
#83 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 8:18 AM
I'm calling it, alan650 and/or the writer of that "review" are EA shills.

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyJW
I'm calling it, alan650 and/or the writer of that "review" are EA shills.

I really hope that post is meant as satire.
Scholar
#85 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monsterfurby
I really hope that post is meant as satire.
Yes, that was probably a bit uncalled for. I suppose I woke up on the bitchy side of the bed today. I apologize.

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Akronborn
I have to assume that that's purposeful

No, you don't. You choose to assume.

I recommend Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyJW
Yes, that was probably a bit uncalled for. I suppose I woke up on the bitchy side of the bed today. I apologize.

Don't write exactly what I'm thinking and apologize for it.
Scholar
#88 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 12:48 PM
Don't write exactly what I'm thinking and apologize for it.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Page 4 of 4