Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 9:41 AM
Sims 3 new family ideas
I am a little bored in the sims 3 and I would like some new interesting families. I like short families...I have The sims 3 base game, WA,AMB and LN
Please tell me your some of your ideas, it will be interesting :D

G.H.
B2ST/Beast
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 10:12 AM
Try having two male homosexual elders living with two teenage female homosexuals. Make the two male elder Sims both have the most negative traits possible. (Evil, Grumpy, Mean Spirited, etc). Now make both of the female teenage Sims have the most positive traits available. (Good, Friendly, Lucky, etc). After creating them in CAS, have them move into the smallest house available in your world, and also make them own a little amount of money at the start. That should keep the game interesting for a while.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
#3 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 10:14 AM
You could make a modern day struggling family. Have the family never pay their bills so no matter how much they try or how hard they work, the repoman(or repowoman(this is the 21st century)) is always taking their stuff :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 3:45 PM
Really nice ideas thank you, but I still new some more ideas!!
You still have grat ideas!!

G.H.
B2ST/Beast
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 3:45 PM
Run an asylum.

Have a household with 7 patience (they have to have the insane trait, all other traits are random). Then have one doctor, and this doctor is the only Sim you can control. Then you try to cure the crazy by locking wants for them and trying to fulfil them through the doctor.

For example if your patience wants to go to the park, use the doctor and select "Go to park with...". When the patience have enough points to buy the aspiration reward that lets you change one trait, you have to randomly select a trait from the list, if you get the crazy trait, the patience has relapsed and you have to start again, if they get something else, you have cured them and they can move out of the house.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
Run an asylum.

Good Idea.
I just hate big families

G.H.
B2ST/Beast
Theorist
#7 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 5:50 PM
I just started a new family - a newlywed couple actually. I got them jobs in the fields that they wanted. I bought them a house with bare furnishings and I'm making them work hard for everything. I won't be buying them any LTR's because it's so easy to make money in this game. I also won't be letting them learn skills until they need to and only for their jobs. No extra skilling for anything. I don't know how long I'll last with not skilling them for almost everything but hey... I'm about to find out.

I don't have any mods/hacks, just loads of CC. I'm also going to try to free will on full... which will be a first... ~~starts shaking~~ I'll just have to not watch!!

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 6:11 PM
Create a story for your world...young city girl moves to small town to reconnect with her roots, or small town boy moves to the big city to become a star, etc. I tend to connect to my games more when I have a story. Some of the family ideas I have used is the elderly patriarch of a town married to a former exotic dancer, a single mom with a son, the biker guy and his hippie girlfriend, the police woman who has a problem with commitments and her artistic, romantic boyfriend, etc. I like to make odd matches in my games using the trait system and see what happens. I also use mods to make someone an old love from the past or a rebellious teen who doesn't like his step-father, etc.
Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 6:35 PM
I start with 6 different single Sims homes with the random legacy challenge rules late night for all 6 of them. It is challenging and it makes the game fun to play again.
Scholar
#10 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 6:42 PM Last edited by juansfalcin : 21st Jul 2011 at 6:53 PM.
@ani_ loved the asylum idea! I have a doctor in Bridgeport and his having a lot of fun visiting the superstars when they become ill. hahaha

I like to connect all my custom made famblies and make an history that envolves the town, and right now I'm playing Twinbrook. I already created some families - one is the "royal family" - the mayor and his family actually. The other two famblies are working together to discover what is wrong with the water in Twinbrook (one family is working in the town's lab and the other is inventing stuff to analyze the water)

Right now I just started a new legacy - two siblings - the male is an adult, good and kind, and is in love with Twinbrook's mayor's sister. The other sibling, a woman, in other hand, is trying to make the mayor fall in love with her, so they can marry, she can kill him and she can become the next Twinbrook's mayor.

Another cool legacy to play is a "Friends" kind of household - I made one apart of the main story of Twinbrook for when I get tired of the storyline. A brother and a sister are living in one apartment with two roommates - a girl and her orphan wicca cousin, and across the hall, two brothers that hate eachother. All of them hang out in eachother's apartment, go to parties and stuff, like the Friends sitcom.
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 8:48 PM
Re:sims family ideas
Just try a big family! Make a dad that is a science freak and love stargazing all night!

Make a separate family with a man, woman, teen boy, chid girl, toddler boy and using this man and woman get her pregnant.

While she is pregnant make the man and woman constantly argue and fight(they will eventually break up)! When you break them up so the mum will just leave and select all the kids to go with her!

Move the mum out and into the house you choose for the science guy! Make them fall in love and get married! He will be a great father and pretty much raise the kids!
One Minute Ninja'd
#12 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 10:34 PM
Ah, the thread is well over a year old. Hopefully the OP figured out a game plan by now.
Test Subject
#13 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 11:38 PM
Eminence Grise
#14 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by George16
I like short families...

Hope you have Bloom's height slider!
Instructor
#15 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 4:40 AM
I get bored sometimes too so I've picked a lifetime wish that I've never done before and is challenging and am sticking with it. I have a habit of making one sim and focusing on their career and they end up being alone until I'm too bored to keep playing them. So, I made a husband and wife and gave them both the Raise 5 Kids lifetime wish. I just completed it! I have 4 teenage girls (two are twins) and 1 teenage boy. Now I'm going to send them off and keep going from there.
Test Subject
#16 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 4:16 AM
The thing that really makes me lose ideas for families? Cheats.

I'll make a family, play around with being poor for a while, then get bored with it and use Shift>Click>Edit Sim in Create A Sim, make them friends and boost their moods with testingcheatsenabled true, and give them money with motherlode...then get extremely bored with my now 'perfect' family and make a new one.

Once again, I suck at playing the Sims, don't I?
Test Subject
#17 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 8:54 AM
theres loads of different ideas that i come up with i just write them down, i make me and all my family and then have them all move out in to seperate houses but close so its like real life i can still call round to see them etc i also i love making my favourite characters like the disney princesses/characters, true blood characters, vampire diaries, buffy, south park, a vampire family with all the best vampire film/tv characters the same with werewolves, then ocarina of time family (zelda game), and then other games like silent hill, resident evil etc i found someone had made a ed gein house (famous murderer) so you could make a seriel killer family lol, theres the addams family, wonderland family (alice, mad hatter etc), and then evil alice (american mcgee style), sex and the city, cartoon characters from the old days like rugrats, hey arnold, sabrina the teenage witch (if u have supernatural and pets) lol

hope those ideas helpt you can look and add me on sims3 page if u like to see my creations everyone is welcome my name is AngelineMckew7
Test Subject
#18 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 1:37 PM
Create a male evil sim and a nurturing female sim make the ma dislikes children then get the woman pregnant with his baby. Make the man get in loads of arguments with her and slap and fight her then kill off the mom and make the male raise the child! You choose weather he wil be a good father or not!
Scholar
#20 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 9:46 PM
Try a family without adults; like a teenager raising his/her younger siblings
Test Subject
#22 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 1:23 AM
I made a family in Isla Paradiso-
Old lady- Hates Kids, Grumpy, Slob, Loner, and Couch Potato
Female Child- Genius, Good, Bookworm

I put the old lady (the female child's grandmother) in a doorless room with everything she needs to live (you can give her some luxury, a tv, most expensive single bed, computer, etc.). The little girl has been given only the basic necessities to survive, plus a baker's oven and a bake sale table. She is only allowed to make money using her oven and by selling what she makes. I have used no cheats (other than to make the house, which I used a houseboat in Isla Paradiso for), and it is interesting finding time for her to go to the park, do homework, and get enough sleep and money, considering she has a curfew. She also has to pay the bills (I wait for the notification so that I can pay them automatically) and try to not drop out of school, so that the social worker can't take her. I rarely use the old lady, just to make sure she's still alive (Even with high free will, she doesn't eat or sleep unless she's starving or exhausted!).

It ends up very interesting, and is great if you don't like having too many sims (I get OCD with any more than two).
Test Subject
#23 Old 23rd May 2016 at 6:13 PM
I have always had fun with making a single man or woman, and have them go around dating all the people in the town. And challenges. Like the 100 baby challenge could go with this type household.
One Minute Ninja'd
#24 Old 23rd May 2016 at 10:26 PM
Five years later and still puzzling out a solution. Talk about a tenacious crowd........
Test Subject
#25 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 5:06 PM
Ideas
Quote: Originally posted by George16
I am a little bored in the sims 3 and I would like some new interesting families. I like short families...I have The sims 3 base game, WA,AMB and LN
Please tell me your some of your ideas, it will be interesting :D

Make a perfect family, two elders and their young adult daughter. Then, make her mess around with a bunch of guys, and end up pregnant. And have the elders hate children. That might be interesting.

Then, have a family with three siblings. One is a homosexual male, One is a single mother, and the other is completely focused on her career. Give them all insanely different traits, like the male could be flirty and a great kisser, the mother could be family oriented and a natural cook, and the worker could be ambitious and neat.

And then, have a vampire and a human who live together. Make them complete opposites and then see what happens. Opposites attract, maybe they'll fall in love.

I suggest also trying the 100 baby challenge, or 50 baby challenge if you want something a little easier, but try it with a twist, and do it with a guy.
Page 1 of 2