Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 2:33 PM
How do you get Celebrities?
I'm kindof confused about the celebrity system in Late Night. My game's in it's third or fourth generation now and I just installed Late Night. However, I bought the Map to the Stars and there aren't any celebrities in town. Wouldn't the game automatically make important people celebrities, like the ones at the top of their career or people with high skills? Does it only count skills and careers gained after Late Night is installed?

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 3:23 PM
Having a top level career and money only makes a Sim gain celebrity status faster, not actually giving them stars.
I think, besides knowing a lot of Sims or doing opportunities, the only other way to get them is by reaching level... 4 of the Film career.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 11:33 PM
If you want to accelerate things you could use nrass master controller to make some of the sims in your town celebrities.
Alchemist
#4 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 3:37 AM
Story progression lets other Sims gain celebrity points gradually and slowly. Eventually there will be inactive Sims who are 1-star celebrities. They will still gain points but they will never gain enough points to reach higher than that because Sims controlled by story progression lacks effort (yes, even with Twallan's SP). So in short, having Late Night doesn't instantly spawn celebrities.

Some worlds, however, have premade celebrities. They will only become celebrities if you have Late Night before you first loaded the world. If it's an existing save, they won't be celebrities.

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 10:11 PM
My Sims have completed a few opportunities but haven't gained any celebrity points. It's been a few Sim weeks since I installed LN and there are still 0 celebrities, so I can't gain any levels by talking to them. I guess my three options are to keep waiting, join the Film career, or randomly select neighbours to be celebrities? uh, if the neighbours are celebrities does this increase the chance of them going to clubs? Because they're usually pretty empty.

I'm also wondering about Vampires; since there aren't any living in the neighbourhood, the only way to get them is to tweak the "Immigrant Occult Chance" settings? Or do the vampires spawn like the NPC vampires in TS2?

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 10:45 PM
sadly the emptyness of night clubs is sadly-simply an EArror or nuisEAnce whatever one wants to call it. there are mods out there to fill up the clubs though.

did you played in bridgeport? thats the town with premade celebs and vampires i know of. but i always thought it plays like a mess (even with error trap and overwatch) - i highly recommend routing fixes for EAs worlds in general but especially for bridgeport.
also after one of the later patches there was a new menue button to controll occults and pets spawning (or in terms of story progression better called "populating") in EAs worlds. maybe you turned celebs + vampires off there by accident? its in the settings menue somewhere. i have no idea what the default setting was but my problem is still that i cant get rid of celebs and vampires spawning in towns i would like to stay "as normal as EAs humor allows". so - theres always something going wrong with sims it seems

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:55 AM
Wait...what? Someone actually wants celebrities in their game?
Quote: Originally posted by shmovese
sadly the emptyness of night clubs is sadly-simply an EArror or nuisEAnce whatever one wants to call it. there are mods out there to fill up the clubs though.

I don't have that problem. I delete any velvet ropes and then the non-celebrities don't have to hang around outside. They come right in and party. I should note that the only LN lot types I use now are discos and dance clubs.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Forum Resident
#8 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:25 PM
deleting velvet ropes: thats an interesting workaround i had no idea of. but arent those ropes only at the "better" lounges? i cant remeber that trashy club that looks like a garage being empty but thats likely cause sims can go in - celeb or not. also if a club is tagged as HOTSPOT makes a huge different. having lesser clubs/discos/bars whatever is a nice alternative cluttering them (crowding) since the chance they are hotspot is higher. thats how i fill them without additional mods usage.

so to say: if theres only one bar its a hotspot every evening PARY!

Scholar
#9 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 11:19 PM
I find it harder to avoid getting celebrity stars, than getting them.

For a starter there's the opportunities. One of my sims got to be a celebrity just for growing a nice pair of melons. Err, no, I mean literally. The first gardening challenge she got also handed out celebrity points. You have to wonder just how bored that town is.

Then there's even talking to any celebrity, or have them come to your party. Going to University, for example, is a good way to meet students who are famous for some unexplained reason. And there are no fences or velvet ropes there. On my last sim, I can't remember if there was a 4 or 5 star student that he met right off the bat, at the meet and greet. Inviting her to a couple of parties got the celebrity points up real quick.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 11:29 PM
One option is to use a mod to make every sim in town a five-star celebrity. Makes the whole thing irrelevant when everyone is the same.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Forum Resident
#11 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 11:30 PM
yepp. i am also annoyed that my hobo sims too easily get celeb stars themselves or that their hobo (non-active punker buddies) suddenly start to become famous. one day they all were drinking (stinking and farting) at the bar together next day when the gang wants to chill downtown all find themselves surrounded by paparazzi. just because Knutzen and Bonzen were suddenly "stars".

LOL: everyones a star... hmm...doesnt sound like a solution for my game style but funny idea again

Field Researcher
#12 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 6:00 AM
I usually get them with Yumi Sekemoto in her nightgown while carrying her rifle.
One Minute Ninja'd
#13 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shmovese
yepp. i am also annoyed that my hobo sims too easily get celeb stars themselves or that their hobo (non-active punker buddies) suddenly start to become famous. one day they all were drinking (stinking and farting) at the bar together next day when the gang wants to chill downtown all find themselves surrounded by paparazzi. just because Knutzen and Bonzen were suddenly "stars".

LOL: everyones a star... hmm...doesnt sound like a solution for my game style but funny idea again

Which is why modding out the paparazzi is so necessary.

The only thing that's a positive for a celeb are all the freebies they get sent. If you sell them out of the family inventory, your sim can survive quite well on the proceeds. I guess it makes you feel how the Kardashian family lives so well with no obvious means of support.

Otherwise, it's a pretty borked up system.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
The only thing that's a positive for a celeb are all the freebies they get sent.

my hells angel-wannabee hobo punker dont want freebies. freebeers. thats ok but nothing else! (freebees included)