Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 5:43 PM Last edited by xmathyx : 13th Oct 2015 at 9:40 AM.
Default Testers wanted ! Basegame No-CC neighborhood - Le Champ des Possibles
EDIT 1 : Added a version 1.1 that is the exact same as the 1.0, except that the folder and files have been renamed into LCDP, instead of N010.

Hi everyone !

First of all, sorry if my english is not perfect, I do my best but it's not my native language. Please ask if something is not clear, or tell me if I say something wrong. :-)

I'm working on a base game no cc hood for some time now, and it seems the first version of it is ready to be tested since yesterday. I posted some time ago to find some testers (here ) so I will PM the volunteers as soon as this thread is done.

Story :

Ten or eleven months ago, I started to play base game only just to remember how I felt in 2004. Then it gave me the idea of a base game neighborhood, of course without any CC, just because I like challenges, and this one gave me motivation. To be honest, I did not expect it was about to be so long to be built, but now that it's over, I feel so proud of myself, just for not deleting everything each time I found no inspiration.

So, my goal is to offer a neighborhood that is ready to play with all you need to start (starter houses, community lots...). But base game only, so don't ask for a restaurant or a pet shop. It can be useful to people that better play than build, or better do makeovers than build from nothing. Nobody plays the same way, so even if I LOVE building lots, I know everybody don't !

A also wanted to let some free space for you to put your own lots or expand the town. So the middle can home your own houses.

Now, let's test it !

What I need :

I will test it with base game only (at least, for a while). So I need testers with ANY kind of configuration. You play Ultimate Collection ? Only NL ? You hate Season so you have everything except this one ? No matter what game configuration you have, no matter your EPs/Kits, your help will be welcome.

To be more specific, I will need you to tell me :
  • Can you put the NL driveways on the fake ones I made ?
  • Can you put a NL garage door on the space I reserved for this on some lots ? (after removing the decorative windows, of course)
  • Are all the flowers/bushes accessible for gardening ?
  • Can your Sims go everywhere ? Is there enough space for them ? Is something blocking them somewhere ?
  • Are all the lots you will play, seasonproofs ? Did I forgot a floor under a roof ? Where ?
  • Did you notice something wrong, like a fence placed in the wrong direction or an inaccessible object ?

In fact, anything you may notice will be welcome, even if it seems unimportant. Perfection does not exists, but I want it to be as clean as possible anyway, before uploading it here.

What you may need :

If you need translations, floorplans or the complete list of the lots, please go on : http://lechampdespossibles-ts2.tumblr.com
To easily access one specific lot, go on the menu > Terrains / Lots and then you have a complete list.

You will see that the entire hood is in french, as I am french. I made some translations of the streets, the community lots and their description. Thay may not be perfect but if you need them, you can find them on the tumblr.

What you may want to know :

1. Even if the hood is basegame and cc-free, it may slow your computer when you are on neighborhood view, because of the hood decorations. There are a lot of trees and forest, rocks and other little decos. When I say a lot, it's a lot. And a lot of little things become one big thing. Don't hesitate to delete some if needed.

2. As it is base game, all the ceilings will be white. Feel free to change them.

3. @ Place du Marché / Market Place, @ Mairie / City Hall, and maybe @ Cimetière des Alpines / Cemetery of the Alpines : I know your Sims won't be able to reach/interact with some of the plants / bushes. As this lots are not supposed to be owned by any controlable Sim, I won't change that. If you buy it, feel free to redocarate the "garden" yourself.

4. No bathrooms @ the two Parkings lots, @ Cimetière des Alpines / Cemetery of the Alpines, @ La Pinière / The Pinest, and @ Etang des Alpines / Pond of the Alpines. This lots, except the cemetary one, are supposed to be hood deco only. You can of course visit them, but be aware than your Sims may pee on themselves over there :-)

5. Most of the time, huge homes are not fully furnished. First of all, I was getting bored of using the same stuff over and over again, and believe me, once you furnished / decorated 30 houses you have no motivation to do it again on very big houses (at least, with base game only, now I really need to see something neeeeeeeeeew). But even if there is a lot of empty rooms, I'm sure you will know what to do with your own CC, and the stuff from any EP/kit you have.

6. I used Mootilda's Lot Compressor to compress the whole neighborhood before uplading the testing version 1.0. I don't think it will cause any problems, but just in case, I'm telling you.

7. Everything is Maxis Basegame, even the neighborhood map.

8. It has been built with the AnyGame Starter. It has no townies for now. Absolutely no one lives in here for the moment.

9. The only cheats I used are : moveobjects, snapobjectstogrid, constrainfloorelevation.

10. I used a camera hack to be able to decorate all the map and to take pictures, but all the lots have been placed on the map with de defaut camera, so you don't need any camera hack to play as you're supposed to be able to access all the lots with the defaut camera. If not, please tell me !

11. Mootilda's Lot Adjuster have been used on three lots : 01 Rue du Bois / 04 Route des Alpines / 05 Route des Alpines. I don't think it will cause any problem but I'm telling you anyway, just in case.

12. There is no 10, Route des Alpines, even if there is an n°11, and there is no 07, & 09, Rue du Formica, even if there is a n°08 and a n°10.

Of course I will update both the tumblr AND this post regularly.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Testing version 1.0.rar (26.64 MB, 16 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Testing version 1.1.rar (26.64 MB, 114 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 6:06 PM
Downloaded, I am going to play a bit tonight
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#3 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 7:23 PM
Wow! It looks great. I'll playtest it as well.

Will the final version of the neighborhood have premade families?

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Wow! It looks great. I'll playtest it as well.

Will the final version of the neighborhood have premade families?

Thank you !

I still don't know. Maybe. Does some players really enjoy playing families they did not make themselves ? It's confusing for me.

Anyway, there will be an empty version to download, and a version with some townies that I'm still making.

For now, as I don't know how to work on two things at the same time, I will think about the Sims once I'll be sure about the buildings :-)
Trainee Moderator
#5 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 7:56 PM
I'm a member of a hood building group and we always create inhabited neighborhoods which we upload here and it's always interesting and fun to read how the others play your sims. Everyone plays the sims differently, some will play in a complete different way! You'll be amazed, surprised, as well as honored! Trust me, it's really encouragng.

But of course it's your neighborhood and you decide if you want to include any sims or not.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 8:00 PM
I'm a member of a hood building group and we always create inhabited neighborhoods which we upload here and it's always interesting and fun to read how the others play your sims. Everyone plays the sims differently, sometimes you don't expect that. It's really encouraging!

Yes, I have seen some of your hoods ! :-)
And, well, you are making me want to make families toooooooooooooooo... this will never be over :D
Trainee Moderator
#7 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 8:14 PM
Neighborhood creation can be time-consuming but it definitely is rewarding.

As I see, your neighborhood's number is #10.
That's a low number and therefore commonly used. Unfortunately it's already used. One of the most important things is to make sure that your neighborhood has a unique number. If two neighborhoods have the same number, one of them will not appear in the user's game. Look at this list. http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...bers_Repository

But you can fix this conflict by renaming all of the neighborhood files and folder to your new number. This can either be done by hand, or with a bulk renaming tool. It has to have 4 characters but it doesn't necessarily have to be N###. Your neighborhood's name is 'Le Champ des Possibles' so you could rename the neighborhood files and folder to LCDP.

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 8:20 PM
Neighborhood creation can be time-consuming but it definitely is rewarding.

As I see, your neighborhood's number is #10.
That's a low number and therefore commonly used. Unfortunately it's already used. One of the most important things is to make sure that your neighborhood has a unique number. If two neighborhoods have the same number, one of them will not appear in the user's game. Look at this list. http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...bers_Repository

But you can fix this conflict by renaming all of the neighborhood files and folder to your new number. This can either be done by hand, or with a bulk renaming tool. It has to have 4 characters but it doesn't necessarily have to be N###. Your neighborhood's name is 'Le Champ des Possibles' so you could rename the neighborhood files and folder to LCDP.

Thank you ! I was about to look after the rules about de hood folders names, and there you come and save me.
LCDP looks perfect, this an amazing idea. I will totaly use this soon !
Trainee Moderator
#9 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 8:27 PM
Make sure that you have renamed every single file in that folder and its subfolders, as well as the folder itself - otherwise the neighborhood won't show up. If you did it correctly, it should show up.
I recommend doing this using a renamer utility. Look at this post. http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...897&postcount=5

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#10 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 8:38 PM
Make sure you keep the empty one to if you make families for a lot of players do like to make there own families to put in new empty hoods.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
#11 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 8:43 PM
Hey can I playtest it?

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#12 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 8:44 PM
@DizzyBoo download link in first post.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 8:47 PM
@ Jawusa : it's working ! I'm gonna upload the renamed version in a minute.

@ marka93 : this what I plan to do : different versions but all with backups and clones just in case :-)

@ DizzyBoo : of course ! Anybody can playtest it, as long as I got feedback at some point :-)
Field Researcher
#14 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 10:08 PM
I play the collection for Mac which is installed as an app...does not include free time or apt.life but has just about everything else.
I know this is base game neighborhood, so all that won't affect me using map, just putting this info for you, so you know my set-up.

If you want some feedback for this configuration I've downloaded the map and can playtest. I took the second one with the re-labeled files.

Looks very nice..what a lot of work! I will be happy to help out.

MTS does not allow us to delete our accounts. I will not be logging into this account anymore, so PMs would go unanswered.
Scholar
#15 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 10:18 PM
Ok thanks I have downloaded it I have complete collection on disc

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Oct 2015 at 8:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by blupest
I play the collection for Mac which is installed as an app...does not include free time or apt.life but has just about everything else.
I know this is base game neighborhood, so all that won't affect me using map, just putting this info for you, so you know my set-up.

If you want some feedback for this configuration I've downloaded the map and can playtest. I took the second one with the re-labeled files.

Looks very nice..what a lot of work! I will be happy to help out.

Thank you ! I would love to have your feedback so please, playtest it as long as you want :-)
Field Researcher
#17 Old 15th Oct 2015 at 9:44 PM Last edited by MileyTheSimmer : 19th Oct 2015 at 11:03 AM. Reason: spelling
I'm going to playtest this either tomorrow or today and hopefully help you
Edit: please reply to my PM. about 2/3 days have passed and you still haven't answered >.<
Scholar
#18 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 8:48 PM
I have tried all the community lots. Took Julian Cooke on a tour of them. All function properly. Very beautiful

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 20th Oct 2015 at 11:24 AM
Thank you @DizzyBoo ! This is great news !

@MileyTheSimmer : PM replied :-)

So, thanks for all your feedbacks, I can consider the community lots are fine (great news !) but I will add a note to tell people that they can be a little laggy depending on the computer, and this may be useful to know :-)

I will add a revision soon as I noticed some little things myself like a missing fire alarm in one of the houses and a misplaced light on another one. I can't do it right now but maybe tomorrow.

If anyone else noticed something, anything, please tell me :-)

Thank you again for your help, both of you !
Scholar
#20 Old 20th Oct 2015 at 7:58 PM
It didn't lag on mine at all. I have complete collection and not the best comp really to play Sims 2 so if it worked on mine, it should work for most people

Test Subject
#21 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 10:26 PM
You have probably tested the neighborhood by now, but I wanted to let you know I just started using it this week and plan to fill the entire neighborhood with sims over the course of this year/next year. I like the way you build houses so I'm happy to have a neighborhood full of your architecture (since I'm more into decorating than building). I have Ultimate Collection and various mods (but I've had them for a long time so they shouldn't be an issue). My neighborhood has all the seasons (often I'll skip certain seasons but I decided to leave them be this time) so the houses will all be weather tested. I also tend to make large families so all the rooms will probably be used (I have the larger families mod). All in all, I will be inadvertently testing the neighborhood completely since I will be playing it solely for many months. Thank you for sharing!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#22 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 11:27 PM
Please don't resurrect old threads! - Closed!

If the OP wants to work on this again please let us know and we will reopen the thread for you.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Locked thread | Locked by: Karen Lorraine Reason: necromancy