Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2024 at 7:34 AM
WCIF a mod to prevent sims from falling in love with more than one sim
Hi there!
Are there any mods to prevent sims from falling in love with more than one sim at the same time? It's ok (and need), if they have a crush on many sims with whom they flirt, hug, kiss (pink heart) . But not love (red heart). Even with maximum str and ltr.. I just don't want sim to LOVE all in town I want the red heart to be blocked from spawning if it has already spawned with another sim (until it disappears)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 4:35 AM
Maybe try either or both Romance Mod and No Instant Love, by Pescado:

Romance Mod
1. Sims can now exhibit loyalty to existing relationships and do not randomly fall in love with anyone who happens to flirt with them. Pleasure sims have resistance only when in a committed relationship, Romance sims have none. All other sims have resistance values if they already are in a relationship. This value increases with level of commitment. Object-assisted actions not presently supported and bypass this check. Still provides defense against cow attack!
2. Sexual orientation of a sim now actually matters! A very straight sim will decline homosexual interactions and vice-versa.
3. Sim-jealousy will make more sense: Romance/Pleasure sims, depending on personality (Nice + Playful + Outgoing >= 15), are more likely to have "open" relationships (Pleasure sims only do this outside of commitments), and will not become jealous (although some are simply hypocrites who think the rules apply to everyone but them and pleasure sims), and sims will no longer spaz at random people for no discernably sensible reason. Romance sims should never spaz. It is no longer defined as "cheating" if you are not in an actual committed relationship, and you will not have knives-memories or "caught cheating" fears satisfied unless you are actually caught by a partner in a committed relationship (steady/engaged/married).
4. Flower rage is stomped. Sims no longer spaz out when looking at date reward, since these have no timestamp and could pertain to a preexisting relationship or one that no longer exists.

No Instant Love
Sims should no longer automatically and instantly fall in love at the first flirt. Chance of being hit with hearts now depends on attraction level and is influenced by aspiration and personality.

Pescado's mods can be found here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s.../topic,7.0.html (or, more directly, here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/) Pick your latest EP and download from that folder. And there's a big word doc with descriptions of Pescado's mods linked on the first post here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,14444.0.html.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 5:06 PM
Thanks a lot!
I was just thinking about downloading the “no instant love” mod. About “Romance mod” I even haven’t heard. Seems interesting. I'll try I hope it won't conflict with ACR
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 6:14 PM
Wait a second. If you have ACR then I'm pretty sure you can set sims to not fall for anyone else. But someone who uses it would have to confirm/deny.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 7:58 PM Last edited by fafafafar : 9th Apr 2024 at 11:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Wait a second. If you have ACR then I'm pretty sure you can set sims to not fall for anyone else. But someone who uses it would have to confirm/deny.

Hmm. Perhaps I missed something I know that it possible to configure autonomy, as well as the possibility of woohoo without love, etc. And even add sims to friend zone. But this is not exactly what I need. I would like romantic interactions to not generate love even when str and ltr levels are already high (if sim already loves someone). I don't want to stop their romantic interactions completely But I will check it later more carefully, thx
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 11:22 PM
Ah, in that case no, I don't think that exists.

I was going to suggest Romantic Standards, that makes it harder to get the love flag, but it's not impossible - and it does make them more likely to reject/less likely to initiate romantic actions.

However, it very much conflicts with ACR. There are edited mash ups of both, but essentially you have to choose.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...