Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 11:47 PM Last edited by Simonut : 14th Feb 2015 at 7:26 PM.
Default Your Sims Community lots and private own businesses
Thank you Maxis for making the Sims game possible that we as players can build or create our own Sims neighborhoods. Yes we can build a custom neighborhood or just add more lots to the ready made neighborhoods that already exist in the Sims game. Hello players I have a "Custom" neighborhood that with patience and time took me months to build, and set things up with the things I wanted. This included building all my home lots and community lots, private own and creating some Sims that I wanted there, with a few custom made Sims from other creators. I knew from the start that I did not want to add NL downtown neighborhood to my custom hood, I wanted to build everything they would need within their own community, never to go to NL downtown area.

Also when I build this neighborhood I wanted a different "ethnic" group of Sims ( Asians ) and with my imagination the place would be way across the ocean in China so I name my Custom neighborhood "Shanghai."
Here are the Community lots and private own lots that I build as follow below: Please feel free to share what community lots or private own lots you all have in your Sims neighborhood.

1. Restaurants : I have six places to eat some places are expensive some are not, it depend on my Sims and the money in his or her pocket.
A. Shanghai Fine Dine ( Very Classy )
B. A Touch Of Beijing Cuisines ( Classy )
C. Mini Café ( private own )
D. European Dining ( Classy )
E. 50's Café ( I really love Red 's Famous 50's Diner that came with NL, so when I build my 50's Café, I use a lot of Maxis ideas and colors. The teens love to eat here and love to hang out.)
F. Hong Kong Cuisines ( nice place , private own )
G. Shanghai Coffee And Cakes ( Caffeine head Sims love this place. )

2. Shopping :
A. Shanghai Boutique
B. Shanghai Finest Fashions
C. Designer Shoes Gallery ( sorry no "Payless shoes" here )
D. May Groceries

3. Clubs : Time to have fun.
A. BoboMee's Club ( Name after a "real" club in Beijing which is the Capital of China. )
B. Dance All Night Club 8
C. Dance Your Ass Off
D. Musicians Music Place ( A Place for Sims to join together and play their Instruments. )
E. Shanghai Karaoke Bar ( can you Sing )

4. Fun Places for Sims and Family:
A. YouXi Center > Youxi is a Chinese word for > to play / To play game / To have fun. Sims play pool or cards or chess or Darts and Myshuno there.
B. Shanghai Ice Rink
C. Roller Skate Rink
D. Bowling Center
E. Internet Center
F. Asian Art Museum ( Name after one of the Museum here where I live. )

5. Bodies and Hair :
A. Shanghai Spa and Gym ( work that body )
B. Beauty Fairy Salon ( private own, just look at that hair )

6. Out Door and In Door Places:
A. Indoor Pool
B. Outdoor Pool
C Shanghai Fishing Pond
D. Shanghai Monument Park

7. A place of Worship:
A. Ancient Buddha Temple
C. Graveyard Lot ( A day of saddest and cries )

These are all the community lots and some private own lots I build and made in my Custom Neighborhood this is "not" counting the home Lot. Took me Months to build everything but I am so happy with the turn out.
All of my Lots have there own "Signs" on the outside of the building with their names. Also all of the streets have Chinese names for locations of home lots. Go ahead feel free to share what you have in your Sims Neighborhood community lot or private own.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 12:42 AM Last edited by HarVee : 13th Feb 2015 at 1:16 AM.
I'll go with the community lots I have in my main 'hood only and skip the sub-hoods (which is were most of the community lots actually reside).

Rivas Family Bistro - An upscale bistro owned by parents of the main character of the neighborhood story.
Mattress Price Reducers - Mattress Discounters parody.
H&M de Manana - H&M parody, obviously.
Sidjan's Asian Cuisine - A parody of the main target in the Hitman 2: Silent Assassin mission "Basement Killing".
Coot's Chapel & Graveyard - A wedding Chapel/Graveyard combo, which I got the idea for while playing Red Dead Redemption and stumbling across a chapel of the same name in that game.
Blossomina Florist - A small starter florist shop, which I had originally designed for an ex-friend whom was also into The Sims.
Chamberline Plaza - An upscale park, which I got the idea for while playing GTA5.
Rinky-Dinky Ice/Roller Skating - A small skating rink I found on one of my old backup storage drives, that I re-designed.
Petts Plus de Manana - A small starter business branch that is a parody of Petco.
Sheldon's Toys - A small toy shop that is a parody of The Big Bang Theory character Sheldon Cooper.
Fifty-One Fitness Centre - A fitness centre that I admittedly took from seren's St. Hubert and gave a minor make-over to.
Curl Up & Dye Salon - A small salon built by Landgraab Industries, in memoria Malcolm's ex-wife.
Little Corner Bakery - A small bakery that was inspired by the TS3 Store set "Deliciously Indulgent Bakery".
Kangaroo-Mart - A jack-of-all-trades Wal-Mart Parody.
Illegal Electronics - A Best Buy and RadioShack parody.
Sip N Thrift - A parody of a nearby local tavern and thrift store.

And the following lots are left empty for starter businesses and future development projects.
72 Fernando Way
71 Fernando Way
476 Henderson Avenue
478 Henderson Avenue
93 Rivas Road

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 1:11 AM
Mine is a very new and small hood with 13 playable families. There are no townies and only a few NPC's. Most community lots will be owned, many are empty right now, a few will be unowned lots.

1 The Light House Restaurant. Owned.
2. Hotel/pub/restaurant. NPC run for the moment. name escapes me. Fisherman's something.
3/4. South beach and North beach. Will remain unowned.
5. Church (which I should give a name to) Owned.
6. Graveyard. Unowned, deco only right now as nobody has died.
7. Small playground. Will remain unowned
8. Pool Water Play park. Will remain unowned
9. Formal Wedding Garden. May or may not remain unowned.
10. Bowling ally and skating. Will be owned later.
11. Mitchel's Fresh Foods. owned green grocers
12. The Flying Mackerel: fish shop. Owned
13. Post Office. Owned
14. Library. owned
15. Dolly's Boutique. Hair and fashion. owned
16. Town Hall which also houses the court room and newspaper office. Owned.
17. Coffee Shop, which also needs a name. Owned.

Not owned and not visited includes
A gift shop. I just did that up so someone should be buying that soon
Ricks crash repairs will be owned by Rick, they just need to finish paying off their first loan for Dolly's shop.
There is also a pizza shop, ice cream shop, toy shop, bakery, baby shop, motel and a ocean/fish type museum.

The school, B&B, health clinic, police and fire station are owned residential lots.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 3:51 PM
In my nostalgia challenge hood, I added community lots by EP.

Base game:
Open Air Swimming pool.
Arcade (with darts, pinball and myshuno)
Empty field with some swings
Supermarket - with clothes racks and game/magazine racks as well as food.

Uni:
Library (on campus)
"No Regrets" Jazz and pool club - a musician venue, with hundreds of non matching posters, non matching chairs, basically a fun place to hang out.
Gymnasium
The supermarket gained a coffee shop area, and the swimming pool gained a shower block.

Nightlife:
Small nightclub, "Unearthly"
Medium restaurant (Mr. Steak), Western themed, styled like a saloon bar. The downstairs is a restaurant, and the upstairs has a bar, pool, poker and piano. This is a really fun lot to visit.
Bowling alley, with a fast food restaurant upstairs and a bubble machine on the balcony.
Campus gained a nightclub.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 5:06 PM
Because I use community lots heavily, I have way more than anyone wants to see a list of. My owned community lots are:

Drama Acres:
Leslie's Love Shack Gifts. Leslie Gay, proprietor. Clothes, handicrafts, objets d'art, and Leslie herself - if you happen to be hot and female - are on offer. If you're lucky, she'll have brought in her store cat, Enola, and you will be allowed to admire her.
Lily's House of Transformation. Lily Pond Casa, proprietor. Clothing, jewelry, beauty products, and a makeover chair for those who want a professional consultation on their new look. Lily's philosophy of hair is: Go Big, or Go Home!
Casa de los Widgets. Esteban Casa, proprietor. Originally a small electronics store, a line of full-size TVs and the latest computers was recently added. You can also buy handthrown plates by Esteban's most valuable source of unpaid labor, his wife Sue. You really want to deal with Sue on the sales floor, not Esteban, the Grouchiest Man in Drama Acres.
The Enlightened Bookstore. Polly Esther Skirt Curian, proprietor. Books, magazines, postcards, and educational toys and instruments. Formerly the Three-in-One, under Polly Esther's management this has become a bright, welcoming space, the go-to store for local author events and intellectual gatherings.
The Hot Spot. Luz Iana Ghote, founder; William Ghote, current proprietor. The little night club that could, with its dance floor, open air patio with musical instruments, pool table, bar, hot tub, photobooth, and two big-screen TVs, has passed straight from its elderly first owner to her teen son, and its future is a little uncertain. You can still get a drink there; but at the moment if you want it to be alcoholic you have to come round the bar and serve yourself, because William's too young to do it.
The Natural Kitchen. Oliver Onions, proprietor. Fresh produce and fish, kitchen gadgets of all sorts, and green energy sources.
Kid Stuff. Pigeon Hawkins, proprietor. The emphasis is on toys, furnishings, and supplies for the very young, but she also sells play equipment out back. Who knows more about kids than a Hawkins? Also, if you suspect you're pregnant, it's cheaper to walk in and ask Pigeon than to go to a doctor. The Hawkins nose is never fooled.
Townie Hall Furniture. Zion Anderson, proprietor. Run as a collective by the Townie Hall Retirement Home, they stock all kinds of furniture you might want, but which I never buy when furnishing a house. An emphasis on shelving, for placing all the clutter you bought at Lily's and Leslie's. They also stock hobby items.
Townie Toys. Andrea Hogan Gray, proprietor. Also run out of the Townie Hall Retirement Home, Andrea and her wife Angel, an expert toy maker, are chiefly responsible for this venture. They focus on toys for older children, with an emphasis on the handcrafted toys Angel turns out in the hobby room. Also your go-to store for toy robots.
Munny Music. Frank Munny, proprietor. The grandson of Drama Acres's late lamented rock goddess, Mary Munny, is ready to start you on your way to your own stardom, with musical instruments, amps, and accessories of all sorts. He is also the exclusive vendor of the official print of the original artwork for the cover of the retrospective album, Mary in Paradise. (Thanks, Aegagropilon!)

Though not strictly speaking owned any more, Mary Munny's old residence was, as per her will, converted to the Mary Munny Memorial Music Center on her death. Operated for a time by her grandson Frank before being turned over to Drama Acres Parks and Recreation, the MMMMC has been maintained substantially as she kept it in life, which makes it a popular venue. Please do not abuse access to her concert rig, kitchen, bar, bedroom, and photobooth. Be polite to the next couple, and change the sheets.

As the Gorey family has outgrown The Old Gorey Place, they intend to move after their daughter Ruby's wedding, and operate this small downtown building as a gallery for Allegra Gorey's pottery and paintings. Don''t miss your chance to see the originals of her famed works, Dead Chupacabras and Floating Zombie Heads, as well as her portrait of Ruby as a Young Girl.

Strangetown (these are all in the median):
Worthington Produce Stand. Francis J. Worthington's small start is intended to grow into an organic grocery empire!
Sixtyish Road to Nowhere. Jasmine Rai Worthingon's nightclub is small, but at least you know there's no drug deals going down in the bathrooms, unlike its only competition for the nightlife of Strangetown, Strangebrewski's, which everyone knows is owned by the cartels.
Comb Up and See Me Sometime. Jessie Pilferson's beauty store has eliminated the need for bad home perms and letting your mother cut your hair.
Green Thumb Nursery. Johnny Smith's family is famous for two things - green skin and that yard! For all your gardening needs.

Widespot:
The General Store. Junior Mann bought it, and is working it all the way up to Level 10 to make a point - to his father, and to Candy Hart. The plan is to sell out at Level 10, get his own place, and propose to Candy, who's bound to say yes once he's proved he's not a spoiled little boy anymore. To this end, he has spared no expense, paying River Land far more than any teen-ager should ever be paid in order to keep him happy and on the job. Because holey cheese, this running a business gig is exhausting!
Booktique: Trisha Traveller's clothing boutique, beauty salon, bookstore, and ice cream stand. (The family had a little disagreement about what the town needed most.)
Nathan's Fun Bowl. Nathan Gavigan works hard so you can have fun. Bowling, myshuno, darts, and an ax-throw.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 6:39 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 13th Feb 2015 at 9:48 PM.
Here my community lots from custom neighborhood, Townie Place:

Base Neighborhood:

Unowned:
Allison's Bowling Alley
Angela's Bridal Gowns & More
Black and White Place (Restaurant)
(The) Boulevard Restaurant
Cafe Petite
Connection Supermarket
Creative Corners (Lot built especially for those who would like to show off their talent to the public (and earn money), for example, Human Statue, Break Dancer, a bunch of musical instruments, an area to cook food to enter a food contest, etc...)
Denine's Diner
Gardenia's Place (Restaurant)
H&M City Store (or whatever its called. )
Juniper's Jamming Place (Restaurant)
Pepe's Pets
The Restaurant Park
The Tea Leaf Garden (Small park with several of BV Far East Tea table)
The Nautical Place (Restaurant)
Doc Alan's Hangout
Freetime Recreation Center
Hanging Lanterns Palace (Restaurant)
Kings Gardens
Ringing Rinks
Midnight Fun (Night club)
Moroccan Dreams Place (Restaurant)
Townie Place Mall
Townie Place Public Library
T.P. Arts and Crafts Museum
T.P. Observatory Tower
T.P. First Cemetery
T.P. Second Cemetery
T.P. Pets Cemetery
The Sports Center and Spa
West Side Harmony Park

Owned:
Fay (or Faith's) Garden Produce Market, owned by Faith Turner
Phix Pharmacy, owned by Hunter Scott
Nouveau Novels, owned by Randy London
La Toya's Toy Store (Currently Unowned, but you see what I did there? )
Scott Vehicles (Was supposed to become owned, but a different route was taken)

Will list more once I remember them...
Field Researcher
#8 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 7:00 PM
This thread would have been nice to be seen as a picture thread (although one already exist: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=337346 )
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 9:42 PM
@M.M.A.A. I like your Creative Corner idea, I might steal that. :D

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@M.M.A.A. I like your Creative Corner idea, I might steal that. :D

Thanks and go ahead! :P

The way I built the lot literally has something interesting and creative around every corner.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 11:49 PM
This is my BaCC's commercial district at the end of the fourth rotation.

I'm especially proud of my baseball diamond:
Mad Poster
#12 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 2:13 PM
Cool! I like that sports field.

Peni - haha, yep, if I listed every community lot in every hood that I play...

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 5:19 PM
I like that sports field too. I must have dozens of community lots. Maybe I'll go and take some pictures.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 9:01 PM
@>>lorinsv60 >> I really "love" your picture showing your Community lots your sport field is great, thanks for sharing.

I also really enjoy reading everyone names of their community lots.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Test Subject
#15 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 11:48 PM
I have only recently played the owned business to fulfil Allegra Nova (nee Gorey)'s LTW to own 5 top level businesses. I want to make everything possible in the Build/Buy Catalogs available in shops and Sims will have to go buy the items (to the the game more realistic).

So far Allegra has the following shops:

Retrorama - Stocks all the retro furniture and styles from University, retro TVs and stereos, and general retro kitch - the hula lamps get snapped up first, followed by the lip sofas... one of the most fun shops to play and it has just reached level 10.

The Party Plaza - Stocks all party supplies, wedding and birthday cakes, wedding arches, bars.... All engaged Sims come here together to put their wedding parties together, as do college students when they have saved enough simoleans - Level 6

Holiday Heaven - Stocks Christmas trees, all holiday themed decorations and Allegra's own Santa cookies. This is a gorgeous shop and looks really pretty in Winter when all the tree lights are on inside and out - Level 7

IKEA - Sole stockist of all IKEA products from the EP - Level 5

Nooboo Nook - stocks all baby and todler products. You see a lot of pregnant sims waddling up and down the aisles - Level 5

Home Businesses
Florence Shape (nee Delarosa - married to Edwin Sharpe) has converted her flower home business into an Art Gallery with a Grand Piano

Trent and Tina Traveller - sell their pottery from their home
Scholar
#16 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 11:37 AM
Wonderful communities you've built guys. I love seeing the diversity that can be achieved from a single game.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 7:05 PM Last edited by gazania : 3rd Mar 2015 at 9:14 PM.
Oh ... this could be pretty cool.

Right now, these some of the stores and businesses in my most-played hood (a custom one) Being that I have CRS syndrome (can't remember ... errr .... squat), I'll add to this list.

1. Hyrule Stores. Created by a developer who was more than a little fascinated by Zelda. Buy your food, clothing, tsatchkes at the stores in this themed establishment. Eat at the restaurant on the premises. Plenty of intimate nooks for Romance-minded Sims to do a bit of flirting, away from prying eyes.

(Link: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=211685. One of the few community lots I downloaded, and still use after all these years. I've adapted sections for later EPs/my tastes.)

2. H&M store. Because some Sims are more into trendy and less into themed. (Maxis)

3. Small-Japanese-Eating-Establishment-I-never-did-name. (Oops.) For an Asian flare, visit this tiny 1 x 2 eatery with a tea house upstairs. Challenge friends and family to a quick game of mah-jongg. Small, yet cozy. (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=268349 . I am a huge fan of this creator, by the way, and have several of his downloads in my game.)

4. BV Store. A second store, and an outstanding example of hubris by the store owner. The flapjacks are pretty good, though. (Even with Lord Darcy's mod, I STILL can't make everything work properly. Maxis item.)

5. Papa Gulch's Film Club. Set in a converted 1970's residence, patrons can socialize and grab a quick drink from the bar upstairs, or make a quick cup of tea while viewing Sims classics on comfy sofas There are some tsatchkes for sale here as well. (Mine, and a nod toward a film club I liked in real life back in the 70s.)

6. Abandoned Lot. For "bad" teens and adults to congregate. (Mine. Not exactly a paragon of my designing efforts! But I'd like to thank Zarathustra for suggesting this.)

7. Mapp Park Community Center. Check out the local jobs (I have the job board from this site here), learn arts and crafts, surf the Net if you're broke, shoot some hoops with friends, enjoy the scenery. A great place to hang out. (Mine.) Next door is Mapp Park, which though a separate lot, is a continuation of the main center. This parcel has a large arched bridge. (Also mine. Both are based on a large, real-life community center and park.)

8. Buxby Cinema. A more formal movie theater. You can buy drinks and snacks in the foyer before you enjoy the picture, and even do a little snuggling in the back row in the mezzanine. (Mine. An example of a "simple split-level", and clunky as anything. But I like it, and I'm the planning board!)

9. 10. 11. Grouped together because they're owned by the same person.

Lexxie Kraft was a rock singer who had to pay her dues, and do more than a few things she wasn't proud of. But she survived, thrived and became the richest Sim in town. She owns the adult-only "red-light" establishments in town, and she doesn't give a fig if a Sim doesn't approve. She makes plenty of money when certain bastions of the community slip in for a quick visit ... just to check things out, mind you.

#9 is Asylum ... not so dissimilar to a swingers' club back in the 70s, only a little tamer. An above-ground pool with three transparent sides is the main focus of the club. There is a more intimate hot-tub area to one side, and a disco and bar to the right. There is also a small bordello. The prostitute on the premises is also one of the richest in town, and has many connections. She has more than enough money to take a vacation in one of the wealthier hotels a couple of times a year. (Mine.)

#10 is The Smoking Caterpillar, a hookah bar and small dance area. There is also a bordello on the premises for those who prefer a male prostitute. I imagine both establishments as legal. They are clean and well-maintained, and Lexxie makes sure her workers are well-treated and content. She often gives them elaborate gifts and invites them to her home. Lexxie remembers how she was treated on her climb to the top, and refuses to abuse her workers. (Mine)

#11. Tiny Club is on a 1 x 1 lot. A general hang-out place. Kind of plain. (Mine ... took me all of ten minutes to make. I wanted to see if there was some sort of mod problem, and the place wound up remaining. I should probably spruce it up and give it a better name.)

12. Sports Plex. I created this in fifteen minutes. It looks it. Not everything I do is thoroughly-researched and uses CFE!

13. Cupid Park. A place where Sims like to get married. They like exchanging vows on the platform above the waterfall. (Mine. I was trying to see if I could do a waterfall effect.)

14. Barstucks Coffee Shop. Because ... coffee! (Mine. Really ... how hard is it to do a simple coffee shop on a 2x1 lot?)

15. Community Garden. Grab some veggies and fruits in the orchards, up your gardening skills without having a lot of your own, enjoy a light meal in the yurt, fish in the pond.(Mine. I was playing around with the cheat that allows Sims to always gather produce on a community lot. It worked, by the way.)

Tutorial: http://amovitamsim.livejournal.com/25740.html
Yurt: http://digitalperversion.net/garden...p?topic=31610.0

16. Plip Roller Rink. It's a roller rink, using the small indoor rink insert on this site. Pretty self-explanatory! (Mine. I was trying to do raised skylights on this one, using a BPS tutorial.) Link: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=261472

17. Tiny's Bar. Also pretty self-explanatory. (I used the Westwood Tavern here : http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=320145)

18. Waterfall Restaurant ... for higher-class dining. It originally had a waterfall in the building, but it looked weird and clunky, so now there's a two-story fountain. Formalwear only. (Mine.)

19. Jack's Shack. A restaurant with an A-frame front. Good for mid-priced dining. (Mine.)

20. Up All NIght. Named after the Boomtown Rats song. A somewhat-sleazy, run-down bar. (Mine.) Music time! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_QRL3t9qyc. I had this song in mind when I created the bar.

21. Doc Alan's Hangout. (Maxis)

22. Tiffinanny's. A restaurant based solely on my flighty memory of wine-and-cheese bar decor in the 70s (not even close to a faithful recreation!), heavily adapted because some things we used to do there, such as play board games at our table, you can't do in the Sims game. I have table game downloads. I tried. This place has a retro flair, and I used Mootilda's Lot Adjuster. I have to pretty much play this will the lights all out, because wine-and-cheese places tended to be dark, and no matter what I did, I couldn't quite get the effect without dimming all but one light. There are Tiffany lamps above each table; once again, echoing the wine-and-cheese-bars of my youth.

There are two other stores connected to it, again using the Lot Adjuster. I haven't figured out what to do with them yet.

23.Sedona Beach. Not all Sims in my hood can afford beach lots! There is a picnic area and porta-potties, as well as a basketball court.

24. Inter@active. Maxis lot. I adapted it heavily. You can get coffee/tea and snacks here.

25. Salon Mimi. A place to get your hair done and get a massage. I created it while fooling around with a cheat on BPS. It was formerly a 60s house.

26. Public Pool. Another raised pool with glass sides, and a small area to congregate. This pool is for the general public. (Mine, retrieved from a former game.)

27. Cupcakes! Three guesses what this establishment is, and the first two don't count! This place also sells some kitchen decor. My Sim Misti Quinn owns this one. The house is based off real-life house plans, and is ... well ... a little frillier than most plans I've used. It has a bit of a Victorian flair.

28. Sauna House. From a download here. This was in my folder for quite a while, long before I got BV. I saw no reason to get rid of it. Link: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=229656

29. King's Gardens. (Maxis)

A Sim in this hood has an art studio in his house. And a couple runs a cram school, where Sim kids up their grades and their study skills on the weekend. Those two are the only residential businesses at the moment, though.

My Uni town has a bunch of establishments, too. Many are similar to the ones in the main town, but there is a small motel (not a "real" one) and a water park in the Uni town. Oh, and an extra coffee shop. Because ... caffeine!

In previous hoods, I've had a bed-and-breakfast, a library, an electronics store, and anime/manga shop (no books, though ... I never downloaded the sellable books mod) and a plant nursery, as well as other establishments I would need to list after looking at a backup copy. Nurseries are great .... easy to create!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 11:02 PM
Reading this makes my community lots sound dull, lol. I tend to just toss down either premade ones which I edit to my liking or ones I download from here.

I love the baseball diamond!!
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 8:52 PM
I just recently backed up my old hoods and tucked them away on an external harddrive. I started a fresh game and installed Elsewhere, added all of meetme2theriver's premades as shopping districts, Riverside Shopping District, and Widespot RFD.

OFB is my favorite and I will make a business out of nothing. So far I have not touched any community lot already built in any of the hoods. I added my own. So far, I have the following:

Bowl Aroma - Soup Kitchen

The Rolling Scones - Bakery

The Filler Thriller - Sub Shop

Aquaholics - Seafood Restaurant

Alice's Restaurant - Teen hang out

Belladonna Banquet Hall - Wedding receptions, family reunions, and parties

Elsewhere Tavern

Village Inn

The Honey Pot - sells only honey - I'd rather be working my beehives.

The Berry Patch - sells wild berries and the tea leaves from the berry bushes - Good Nutrition is our Mission. Berries are the body's physician.

The Garden Market - Sells fresh produce

Toy With Me - Toy Store - So much more than a toy shop. Where playing is learning. Let the Fun begin.

Chapel of Love - Weddings

The Dollar Store - Bank

The Pantry - Grocery Store

The Flesh Pretzel - Yoga Studio

Golden Dragon - Tai Chi Studio

Fitness Bo Teek - Gym

Beau Kay Bowtique- Florist

Frisky Business - Adult Store

Sweetique - Candy Shop

Bella Bella Boutique - Dress Shop - Every designer should have a cheap line.

The Dixie Pixie Creamery - Ice cream shop

Cast Away - Fish Market. Good things come to those who bait. A reel expert can tackle anything.

A Cut Above - Meat store. Sells bear, deer, boar, hare and beaver, so far. Always fresh, never frozen. We will wrap that in bacon.

Wings and Things - Poultry Store, sells slaughtered turkey, pheasant, chicken, and fresh eggs. Where available hens for those wanting to start a chicken farm.

Partners in Time - Dance Studio