Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#26 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 5:30 PM
Nothing. Which is annoying because I'm expecting something. Should have been posted ages ago, and now that it has is going to take ages to get here.

Well, no packages but I did get a letter informing me my rent is going up in April. Shame our income isn't going up to match it.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 12:31 AM
I've gotten a lot of packages recently, including a new bra that actually fits (what a thought!), a T5 fixture, new substrate, a few new plants, and a surprisingly large chunk of mopani driftwood for my fishtanks. Now I just need to stock them properly, but I've blown my fish budget for a couple months.

Oh, and a Wydowna Monster High doll, because our computer room isn't quite crammed full enough of toys. She's got six arms! How am I supposed to resist that?

The rest of my tax return is going toward those other things I get in the mail that aren't nearly as fun as toys and fish stuff...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 6:30 PM
Recently received 12 dolls, the chocolate and the second half of the first season of Sailor Moon.

I am almost done unboxing the dolls.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 2:54 AM
Ordered a ton of stuff from shutterfly, all revolving around Eve, of course. Just beaming about how it all turned out. :D

She was rouge and red lips, dark hair and soft hips, mischief and laughter - and she wanted you to love her faster.
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
What you making little radio antennas for, Ronnie? Sounds cool and I'm super curious!

For receiving little radio waves and they are little because the frequency is high: just a tad over 1 GHz, which means higher than UHF television but lower than WiFi. In fact, it isn't very far from the frequencies used by 2G cell phones, so, the antenna elements are sort of approximately the length of a cell phone. For an antenna, I'd consider that "little." The job is turning out to have sort of a jewelry-making feel (I mean, besides feeling like electronics.)

The signals that I'm trying to receive come from airplanes. When an air traffic control radar scans a plane, they do not only get a reflection of their own signal off the skin of the plane. The plane also has a transponder radio that answers the radar pulse with a short burst of bits. I would like to receive those signals in order to, basically, hear planes going by. But I admit that the look and feel of this copper is also part of the fun.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 11:19 AM
I got a phone bill, complete with $0.50 overdue because they didn't remove it like they said they would... (I may have had a long argument with the phone company last month over this particular issue. Apparently text messages are international if the phone in question is overseas, even if that phone has an Australian number. I'm still not sure exactly how they expect me to know that someone I might text is overseas, but anyway...)

The last package was more interesting. It had three different books I'd ordered. I liked them.

Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
I would like to receive those signals in order to, basically, hear planes going by.

That sounds really exciting! How do you build the radio to receive them?
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyCarey
That sounds really exciting! How do you build the radio to receive them?

Truthfully? I borrow it from my professor. Which means I'll have to give it back at some point.
If I were to try to build it, that would be a steady stream of Vent! posts in itself. You see, I wear glasses that look like this:

But to deal with radio signals successfully, I'm convinced, the glasses would have to be this kind:
Banned
#33 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 9:52 PM
Well the last thing major I got from Royal Mail or whatever was the Due South season one boxset. By April, I'll need season two.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 11:17 PM
Received my jammies, covered in Zodiac signs (Aries - Pisces).

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Inventor
#35 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 2:44 PM
well, CSI Miami arrived today and upon checking it, I find I already have part two! I blamed my friend.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 11:19 AM
Eyebrow stencils.

They were $1 with free postage. I could have express posted them for $28.

I didn't.

I wouldn't put a lot of effort into getting it transported.
#37 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 6:35 PM
Yeah baby!! Got Sims 2 and a bunch of Sims 2 expansion packs in the mail!!

I have everything but Katy Perry's "Sweet Treats" (really? Come on!!) for Sims 3. Sims 4 sucks and I'm not buying that. And there are a lot of folks who are ardent fans of Sims 2, so, I thought I'd give it a spin!

But I've been playing chauffeur all morning and I got to go to work later, so maybe tomorrow.

Thinking about getting a new copy of Sim Ant too. I used to play that a lot.

Page 2 of 2