Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2016 at 4:31 PM
Default Delete objects without selling them?
To try and speed up my game, I thought it would be a good idea to move most of my custom paintings and various junk items onto a community lot, so I could store it in the bin, delete the lot, and then clean my game's memory. That way in the future when I need to access stuff it's still there, but I don't have to load it every time.

But I can't figure out how to delete the lot properly. It keeps moving all of the objects into Family Inventory. I could sell them but then I'd get money for objects I still own.. so how can I just delete them without getting cash?

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st May 2016 at 4:42 PM
Would DebugEnabler work? There is a delete feature.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2016 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Would DebugEnabler work? There is a delete feature.

Was it supposed to erase the custom paintings from the house in the bin too? Hmm... Maybe if I write down my household income, then delete all the paintings with a sledgehammer, than I'll just lower the money back to the # I wrote down. Ai-ai-ai, trying to speed up this game with my OCD is such a headache!

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
One Minute Ninja'd
#4 Old 1st May 2016 at 10:46 PM
You can also just sell it then use familyfunds with a negative number to subtract that amount and you'll be back to the household funds you prefer. Probably the simpler solution, especially if the stuff is in your family inventory, as one click dumps the whole inventory.
Alchemist
#5 Old 3rd May 2016 at 12:07 AM
Well, you have two options:

1) using DebugEnabler: create a dummy area with walls (for paintings) and other spaces (if items can't be placed on the ground). Click somewhere on the ground and use the "Radius purge" command as often as needed. It will delete the objects for good and you won't get any money from it.

2) using Master Controller. I'm working on memory here, but you should have a computer on the lot and use it to navigate to Town / Object Status. Apply the desired filters (either "Local" or "Active Family/Lot" for the current lot I think, "Inventory"/"Not Inventory" depending on where you keep your junk). You can (and should) use multiple filters at the same time, as they ensure you delete only the objects you want to (not, say, paintings or rocks in the inventories of NPCs). Select your desired items, then click OK, and you should be rid of them.

Note that "Inventory" refers to both personal and family inventories, as well as any objects with inventory properties (WA treasure chests, fridges, bookcases). So be careful when deleting produce and rocks, as you may delete the wrong stuff by mistake.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 3rd May 2016 at 1:56 AM
Have you considered using a storage chest? I had a sim who had a room full of relics and art work I decided I did not want have displayed when I redecorated so I put everything in a storage chest and put the chest in the attic.

Where you want to delete the lot, this has worked for me but back up your game if you go this route:
Placed a small 10x10 lot as Residential, Ownable lot. Made a tiny one room "shed". Had my sim buy the lot. Put the Chest in the Family Inventory. Had her travel to her lot and put the Chest along with some other items from her Personal Inventory in the shed. Use the GoHere Lock system so only she could access the shed. Evicted the family. Bulldozed the lot. Put the family in another house. Everything was still in the Shed.

Edit: Forgot to mention: If you have the Lockable Treasure Chest by douglasveiga you can drag the chest into the Personal Inventory and move it pretty much where ever you want or give it as a gift to a friend or relative and let them gift it back to you when you want it
Alchemist
#7 Old 4th May 2016 at 5:26 PM
Can't you just place them all and shift+click - delete the items with testing cheats?

Just call me Nikel