Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2016 at 4:04 AM
Default Does anyone ever have something like this happen with maternity clothing? Particularly in 100 baby challenges/poly families/situations with multiple baby daddies and one mother?
I'm currently playing a family consisting of a polyamorous woman with 6 husbands I'm trying to make into my own 100 baby challenge. It's a family I've recreated and deleted numerous times and are actually a fictional universe I've created and RPed as and written stories about. It seems every time my female sim, in various versions and different family incarnations I've had, becomes pregnant and changes into maternity clothes, she usually gets ones I've downloaded, but the funny thing is, her maternity clothes, never chosen that way, only ever at random, always match the era/fashion sense/character traits of the husband that fathered the pregnancy, as if my game is psychic and just somehow knows, like she'll be pregnant by a man styled after the 50's and will have rockabilly clothes, Victorian or medieval for kings from the Renaissance, gothic for emo boys, toga dresses for pharaohs. Has anyone ever experienced this with pregnant female sims, simply at random, when your female sim has multiple pregnancies by multiple men? Surely it can't just be my game.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd May 2016 at 6:20 AM
Holy wordsy title, Batman.

And whilst I tolerate sim kids only slightly more than real ones and have never done such a challenge, I doubt the game has such a sophisticated level of coding. They might, sure, but I really doubt it. So either you have some sort of amazing mod, it's a glorious coincidence, or you're a witch.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 3rd May 2016 at 12:12 PM
It would be nice if clothing could be tagged with style/era tags. It would also be nice if sims would, besides the usual traits, have lifestyle/era traits (they already have nationality and lifestate traits). It wouldn't be that hard to implement, but too bad, as TS3 has no such thing in its code.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd May 2016 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
Holy wordsy title, Batman.

And whilst I tolerate sim kids only slightly more than real ones and have never done such a challenge, I doubt the game has such a sophisticated level of coding. They might, sure, but I really doubt it. So either you have some sort of amazing mod, it's a glorious coincidence, or you're a witch.

I just have your average mods, so I'm guessing glorious coincidence and/or I'm a witch
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd May 2016 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
It would be nice if clothing could be tagged with style/era tags. It would also be nice if sims would, besides the usual traits, have lifestyle/era traits (they already have nationality and lifestate traits). It wouldn't be that hard to implement, but too bad, as TS3 has no such thing in its code.

That would be very cool, I wish the game had the type of coding for someone to work on that.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd May 2016 at 3:37 PM
I suppose with NRaas you can do kind of that sort of filtering though era- by blacklisting clothing you can narrow down what your sims wear.

You can then export the settings to a file through Overwatch and load them in as you go.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd May 2016 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I suppose with NRaas you can do kind of that sort of filtering though era- by blacklisting clothing you can narrow down what your sims wear.

You can then export the settings to a file through Overwatch and load them in as you go.

I have NRAAS mods, but which mods do you need for this and how to do it?
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd May 2016 at 5:17 PM
Like for example, my sim has been pregnant twice within my game so far in this family incarnation, and she got the dress from that Alice In Wonderland horror game, (Alice: The Madness returns, I think) for the first pregnancy by a husband who's emo, and she got a vintage styled sailor dress for a husband who dresses like a greaser/punk rocker, as well as a rockabilly skeleton hands dress as sleepwear....it's crazy how fitting my game makes the maternity wear...
Scholar
#9 Old 3rd May 2016 at 5:43 PM
It has happened only twice? That's not much of a trend!

I'm sympathetic, though, I love it when apt coincidences happen in the game.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd May 2016 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
It has happened only twice? That's not much of a trend!

I'm sympathetic, though, I love it when apt coincidences happen in the game.

No, it's happened before in different incarnations of the family I've made and deleted
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 3rd May 2016 at 8:21 PM
Sometimes the game just knows things. I've never had it happen with clothes, but my children who aged up badly/whose traits I didn't get to pick always seemed to get traits related to whatever horrible things happened in their lives. For example, a little girl got Commitment Issues as a teen because she saw her dad cheat on her mom, for instance.
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd May 2016 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IndigoMontoya
Sometimes the game just knows things. I've never had it happen with clothes, but my children who aged up badly/whose traits I didn't get to pick always seemed to get traits related to whatever horrible things happened in their lives. For example, a little girl got Commitment Issues as a teen because she saw her dad cheat on her mom, for instance.

Then I guess my game is like yours, it just knows things.... My sim has now given birth (to triplets) and I intend to get her pregnant again immediately and once I choose a father out of her 6 husbands and she changes into maternity once she's pregnant again, I'll let everyone know what her babydaddy is like and what clothes she gets
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th May 2016 at 4:37 PM
My sim has been pregnant 2 more times in the game and is actually pregnant for a 5th time currently, but isn't showing yet, and she got 2 random dresses that didn't match her husbands this time (cream and black lolita sailor dress when pregnant by a mummy and Asian styled Alice The Madness Returns dress for a serial killer), so I guess it's just coincidence.