Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 9:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
And that's why those Simmers are playing a different game, a game that has nothing to do with the one I'm playing. A game that, I think, they're playing the wrong way.

Woooooooooooow. I could say you're playing wrong because you have a weird vendetta against sim children but I wouldn't because that would be stupid.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 11:35 AM
It's not a weird vendetta. The little shits are annoying as hell. They scream and they whine all the time, and they have these dumb pudding faces with awful proportions. The only time I've NOT wanted to burn them to death is when I made child versions of my Sims and they were totally adorbs.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 12:18 PM
Now that you've mentioned it, they DO all look the same if not for their skin tone. At least, they're less useless than their TS2 counterparts. Just two hours left alone, say, 3-5 pm and then that social worker's coming? That's bullshit. Might as well go with them when they go to school.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 4:42 PM
You know how when Sims throw another one of their infamous routing errors, the sound they make makes you want to tear your hair out? Well for me, everything a child-aged Sim says is that sound.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 5:05 PM
Looks like you really have an axe to grind against those children. Aside from that single pudding face, I don't have anything against them. What annoys me are those routing errors. In my game, they always spend 5 sim-minutes to pass through a door. That's a lot of time to waste. So mostly, I teleport them when they go to work / school.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dlseis
Looks like you really have an axe to grind against those children. Aside from that single pudding face, I don't have anything against them. What annoys me are those routing errors. In my game, they always spend 5 sim-minutes to pass through a door. That's a lot of time to waste. So mostly, I teleport them when they go to work / school.

I mainly play generational families with lots and lots of children and I find nothing annoying about them whatsoever and don't really see what you can hate about them without looking for it.
I find adult sims with their idles more annoying. I guess I'm weird cause I don't hate toddlers for being toddlers or babies for being babies or children for being children both irl and in game. I'm pretty good at juggling interactions so the only time any toddlers in my game cry is when they get sleepy.
I've raised like over 100 on epic lifespan and have never been annoyed. Adults and teens are way more annoying.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 3:09 PM
Every child I've ever had in a household, eventually died one way or another.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Every child I've ever had in a household, eventually died one way or another.

..and I hope it's from old age..
Mad Poster
#35 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 3:25 PM
Hahaha, are you kidding? Fuck no.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#37 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 9:10 AM
Why would I? Burn baby, burn!

insert signature here
Instructor
#39 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dlseis
It's a given that the gameplay from the Sims 1 to Sims 3 gets a lot better from each and every iteration. But, when viewed from the Sims' point of view, it suddenly becomes... terrifying.

• In Sims 3, every Sim from child to elder owns a mobile phone. They can do all sorts of things, from finding a job, streaming the internet, taking pictures and calling for services. But years later, in Sims 1, they are forced to use a landline phone, with very little functionality at that.

• They could also own various modes of transportation, from cars, scooters, bicycles and motorcycles - even a personal teleporter. Years later they have to settle for a carpool - or a magical hole in the ground.

• Anyone noticed that the TV shows show video footages from previous Sims games? (Sims 1 = static pictures. Sims 2 = SimCity 4. Sims 3 = Sims 2. Sims 4 = Sims 3.) What's that, they're watching shows filmed from the future?

Anything else you can add? Or even better, provide an explanation - from their point of view - on why did they backtrack on technology. Thanks for reading my rant.

I do think it's funny if you think of the timeline as being continuous with the Sims changing from game to game. I guess, myself, I ignore the changes in technology. I figure it's an outside thing that had to do with the games themselves and I'd rather EA update technology as it is in R/L. I just focus on the timelines of the Sims themselves and their relationships. Right now, I am playing Sunset Valley with NRaas's Traveller mod so that I can hopefully get the timeline to TS2 eventually (I am also playing TS2-style aging where I play every household a week to move the game forward).

The main thing that bothers me is the sometimes complete disregard to the storylines of some of the Sims. Like, for example, the Sims of Veronaville. It's clear that the Capp and Monty families grew up in the same towns, but in TS3 they were in totally different countries, essentially.

Overall, I just try to imagine things as they are in the Elder Scrolls Series (with utter, complete disregard of TS4). I wish EA were as detailed in their storylines as Bethesda Game Studios are in their storylines. Have you read the books in Skyrim? Golden.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
Nowadays I don't raise children, I just age them up rapidly.

And excluding sims I was'nt playing, I haven't had naturally conceived and born children in a while. It's mostly via MC.

Safety tip: Don't age up a baby or toddler that is being held by someone using NRAAS MC.

if you really want to do that, save first so you can restart and NOT do it.
Page 2 of 2